Fox News calls homeless shelters "plush". Wonders why more people don't "stay"

R

rdean

shelter-8446.jpg

PSI-beds-2.jpg

shelterPics.jpg

Bill O Reilly Mocks Homeless Black People in Worst Fox News Segment Ever

5 Despicable Right-Wing Moments This Week Bill O Reilly s Stupidest Statement Ever Alternet

1. Bill O’Reilly and colossal jackass colleague humiliate homeless people to score political points.

2. Geraldo Rivera finds yet another creative way to blame black people for racism.

3. Megyn Kelly, “the sane, smart one at Fox,” cites Ann Coulter in support of Trump’s anti-immigrant racism.

RIVERA: I researched it tonight —

KELLY: None? No immigrants turn out to be criminals?

RIVERA: I never said that. Undocumented immigrants commit crimes at a lower rate than the citizen population of the United States.

You know you are in uncharted a-hole territory when Geraldo Rivera sounds way more reasonable than you do.

4. Fox Newsian argues — with a straight face— that overtime pay actually hurts workers.

5. GOP rep. has quite possibly the most bizarre objection to SCOTUS same-sex marriage decision ever.

----------------------------

Fox, the station where right wingers get their "movement". Truly separate from the rest of humanity. And they said "let him die" never happened.

rdean, your sloppy presentation left me wondering what this thread is about.

Fox calling homeless shelters "plush" and USMB Republicans saying "I don't get it". All I can say is "I know".

Probably about how Obozo put more people in poverty, and showing off the free shit he's giving them.
I'm sure all of these people taking refuge in a homeless shelter were just fine before obama got elected, in fact they were his supporters and then he took their homes and jobs and gave them this sweet new gym to live in. People were in poverty before obama, and I know, it was all the democrats fault then too. Sometimes people just have a hard time for various reasons living a normal life, mental problems, PTSD, anxiety, some people just can't do it. Every human being should have a place to sleep without freezing to death, especially in America. These homeless people aren't Democrats, I doubt they know a thing about politics, and it should be the very great shame of anyone to act as though these people are freeloaders getting by on Obama, there have been homeless shelters for a long time, under Democrats, under Republicans, and the need to turn every issue into a divisive political issue is a sign of a sick person obssesed with the idea that a political party, or individual or responsible for every tragedy. I don't care if you like Obama or not, if you are a Democrat or a Republican. Leave poor, sick people alone, their lives are bad and every political leader will ignore them because they will definitely never be voters.

shelter-8446.jpg

PSI-beds-2.jpg

shelterPics.jpg

Bill O Reilly Mocks Homeless Black People in Worst Fox News Segment Ever

5 Despicable Right-Wing Moments This Week Bill O Reilly s Stupidest Statement Ever Alternet

1. Bill O’Reilly and colossal jackass colleague humiliate homeless people to score political points.

2. Geraldo Rivera finds yet another creative way to blame black people for racism.

3. Megyn Kelly, “the sane, smart one at Fox,” cites Ann Coulter in support of Trump’s anti-immigrant racism.

RIVERA: I researched it tonight —

KELLY: None? No immigrants turn out to be criminals?

RIVERA: I never said that. Undocumented immigrants commit crimes at a lower rate than the citizen population of the United States.

You know you are in uncharted a-hole territory when Geraldo Rivera sounds way more reasonable than you do.

4. Fox Newsian argues — with a straight face— that overtime pay actually hurts workers.

5. GOP rep. has quite possibly the most bizarre objection to SCOTUS same-sex marriage decision ever.

----------------------------

Fox, the station where right wingers get their "movement". Truly separate from the rest of humanity. And they said "let him die" never happened.
What's shocking about homeless shelters is certainly not the condition but the number of beds. Most shelters operate on a first come first first serve basis like food banks, and other services for the homeless, not the need of the client. The results all to often are the streets.

Slide753.jpg

1yUqPGN

39% of the homeless are children.
26% are chronically mentally ill.
30% are on drugs
38% have not received a high school diploma
13% are disabled
60% of the adults have criminal records of which 20% are felonals

In spite of this, 17% are employed. However, most of these people will never find jobs other than short term temp jobs. Most would be considered unemployable by 99% of the employers.

https://www.stcloudstate.edu/reslife/staff/documents/HomelessnessStatistics.pdf

http://www.mensshelterofcharlotte.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Criminal_History_2011.pdf

Probably about how Obozo put more people in poverty, and showing off the free shit he's giving them.
I'm sure all of these people taking refuge in a homeless shelter were just fine before obama got elected, in fact they were his supporters and then he took their homes and jobs and gave them this sweet new gym to live in. People were in poverty before obama, and I know, it was all the democrats fault then too. Sometimes people just have a hard time for various reasons living a normal life, mental problems, PTSD, anxiety, some people just can't do it. Every human being should have a place to sleep without freezing to death, especially in America. These homeless people aren't Democrats, I doubt they know a thing about politics, and it should be the very great shame of anyone to act as though these people are freeloaders getting by on Obama, there have been homeless shelters for a long time, under Democrats, under Republicans, and the need to turn every issue into a divisive political issue is a sign of a sick person obssesed with the idea that a political party, or individual or responsible for every tragedy. I don't care if you like Obama or not, if you are a Democrat or a Republican. Leave poor, sick people alone, their lives are bad and every political leader will ignore them because they will definitely never be voters.
The difference is, Republicans would close them if they could. Democrats would try to educate them and help them get a life.
Republicans say "See, poverty still exists so let's stop helping them". Democrats know that without help, it would be much worse.

Did Reagan s Crazy Mental Health Policies Cause Today s Homelessness Poverty Insights

Over 30 years ago, when Reagan was elected President in 1980, he discarded a law proposed by his predecessor that would have continued funding federal community mental health centers. This basically eliminated services for people struggling with mental illness.

He made similar decisions while he was the governor of California, releasing more than half of the state’s mental hospital patients and passing a law that abolished involuntary hospitalization of people struggling with mental illness. This started a national trend of de-institutionalization.

The difference is, Republicans would close them if they could. Democrats would try to educate them and help them get a life.
Republicans say "See, poverty still exists so let's stop helping them". Democrats know that without help, it would be much worse.

Did Reagan s Crazy Mental Health Policies Cause Today s Homelessness Poverty Insights

Over 30 years ago, when Reagan was elected President in 1980, he discarded a law proposed by his predecessor that would have continued funding federal community mental health centers. This basically eliminated services for people struggling with mental illness.

He made similar decisions while he was the governor of California, releasing more than half of the state’s mental hospital patients and passing a law that abolished involuntary hospitalization of people struggling with mental illness. This started a national trend of de-institutionalization.
Poverty can get worse?

Like it did under Obozo, where we have a record number of people now living in poverty?

Who would have guessed?

Reagan's decision was simply misguided and based on a half truth. Some patients in mental health hospitals do better when treated with drugs outside the hospital. However, many were just dumped on streets and there they remained, a danger to themselves and others. Today these people are on the streets because there is simply no place to put them. They are in and out of jails, sent to hospitals for evaluation, then dumped back on the streets.

Forum List

Back