Fox News busted for altering photos

• A June 11 Fox News broadcast graphic identified Michelle Obama as “Obama’s baby mama” rather than as Obama’s wife.

This was a probably a joke directed at Michelle's own self described position which Barack holds in her life. Barack is "my babies' daddy". She said it herself.

• On the night that Obama secured the Democratic Party nomination, he and Michelle bumped knuckles, a gesture that the Fox News anchor referred to as a “terrorist jab.” To his credit, the anchor has since apologized for the remark.

She referred to it as possibly being a "terrorist jab", not that it WAS a terrorist jab, and even immediately followed it with the clarification that different people were interpreting it has different things.

• On a Fox News broadcast during the Puerto Rico primary campaign, Republican strategist Roger Stone alleged that Michelle Obama had publicly referred to Whites as “whitey” and that a tape existed that would back up the charge of her alleged racism. The smear that Stone passed along originated with right-wing blogger Larry Johnson and made the rounds of right-wing blogs, repeated by talk radio host Rush Limbaugh.

Bob Beckel, the lefty dumbocrat, made the first assertions on FOX about the "whitey" tape.

• While Obama’s father may be Muslim, the repeated veiled references on Fox News to Obama himself being an unpatriotic Muslim who refuses to say the pledge of allegiance or wear an American flag lapel pin while intending to destroy the United States are too numerous to mention in this space.

Because, just like everything you've mentioned so far it's a bunch of leftist bullshit. The only thing Liberals seem to effectively produce.

• The breathless non-stop “coverage” of the “controversy” surrounding remarks by Obama’s pastor, Reverend Jeremiah Wright, has been covered extensively elsewhere and is also too voluminous to chronicle in this space. This occurred simultaneously with Fox News’ failure to cover outrageous comments made by McCain supporters John Hagee and Rod Parsley.

The connection between McCain and people like Hagee is not even remotely similar to Rev Wright. And Obama's repeated bullshit comments about it made it worse. One day he says he never heard anything offensive in his church, and the next day he says he "heard some contraversial things".

• Several Fox News personnel have been only too happy to smear Obama by assertion, using such tactics as equating Obama’s first name with Osama bin Laden’s name and Obama’s middle name (Hussein) with Saddam.

Many news persons have accidently called him the wrong name. I don't recall FOX making a habit of it.

One notable example was a joke made by Fox News Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes, who reportedly said in a speech, “It’s true that Barack Obama is on the move. I don’t know if it’s true President Bush called [Pakistan President Pervez] Musharraf and said, ‘Why can’t we catch this guy?’”

Ahh, so no one can make fun of Obama?? This speech was read live on FOX, too, right? Other networks routinely make fun of McCain's age.

• Last year, the Fox News program Fox and Friends aired a report that Obama had attended a radical Islamic school in Indonesia when he was a child. When the allegation was shown to be false, Fox and Friends’ co-hosts distanced themselves from the story, which had begun as an unsubstantiated story in Insight Magazine, a publication by the right-wing Washington Times newspaper.

The allegation was not actually false. He did attend a madrassa. The "debatable" part was whether or not it was "radical".

• On June 6, Fox News anchor Brit Hume said about Obama: “His campaign has emphasized his faith in part to dispel what the campaign calls an online smear campaign which contends among other things that Obama was raised a Muslim. There is even a statement on his official campaign website reading, quote, ‘Obama has never been a Muslim, and is a committed Christian.’ But Obama’s half brother is not so sure. Malik Obama tells The Jerusalem Post that, ‘if elected his brother will be a good president for the Jewish people, despite his Muslim background.’”

Snipped a bunch of leftist bullshit. The only person who can answer the facts of this, were probably someone within Israel that has the question he was asked. Your bulolshit attempt to cut out a bunch of his response and remove the qualifier in his opening sentence of his responses shows your intent is not to show a possible confusion, but yourself top propagandize FOX supposedly being "Anti-Obama". You and ABC = busted. Did the Jerusalem post know what the question was that was asked? Probably since they were the original source. Malike starts his response to the question you cannot hear with ""I don't think that's in any way going to be something to worry about."

The reality is FOX news actually delivers facts the leftist media doesn't like. And you don't like them for that reason, too. Buy a one way ticket to communist China, where you only get one version of the "truth".

Last edited:
This was a probably a joke directed at Michelle's own self described position which Barack holds in her life. Barack is "my babies' daddy". She said it herself.

She referred to it as possibly being a "terrorist jab", not that it WAS a terrorist jab, and even immediately followed it with the clarification that different people were interpreting it has different things.

Bob Beckel, the lefty dumbocrat, made the first assertions on FOX about the "whitey" tape.

Because, just like everything you've mentioned so far it's a bunch of leftist bullshit. The only thing Liberals seem to effectively produce.

The connection between McCain and people like Hagee is not even remotely similar to Rev Wright. And Obama's repeated bullshit comments about it made it worse. One day he says he never heard anything offensive in his church, and the next day he says he "heard some contraversial things".

Many news persons have accidently called him the wrong name. I don't recall FOX making a habit of it.

Ahh, so no one can make fun of Obama?? This speech was read live on FOX, too, right? Other networks routinely make fun of McCain's age.

The allegation was not actually false. He did attend a madrassa. The "debatable" part was whether or not it was "radical".

Snipped a bunch of leftist bullshit. The only person who can answer the facts of this, were probably someone within Israel that has the question he was asked. Your bulolshit attempt to cut out a bunch of his response and remove the qualifier in his opening sentence of his responses shows your intent is not to show a possible confusion, but yourself top propagandize FOX supposedly being "Anti-Obama". You and ABC = busted. Did the Jerusalem post know what the question was that was asked? Probably since they were the original source. Malike starts his response to the question you cannot hear with ""I don't think that's in any way going to be something to worry about."

The reality is FOX news actually delivers facts the leftist media doesn't like. And you don't like them for that reason, too. Buy a one way ticket to communist China, where you only get one version of the "truth".

Wow. I think you just summed up the last 6 months of your internet life. :clap2:

Fox News, whose slogan is “Fair and Balanced,” seems to have gone above and beyond in its anti-Obama rhetoric, which also includes smears and misinformation about Obama’s outspoken wife, Michelle.
Some examples:

• A June 11 Fox News broadcast graphic identified Michelle Obama as “Obama’s baby mama” rather than as Obama’s wife.

• On the night that Obama secured the Democratic Party nomination, he and Michelle bumped knuckles, a gesture that the Fox News anchor referred to as a “terrorist jab.” To his credit, the anchor has since apologized for the remark.

• On a Fox News broadcast during the Puerto Rico primary campaign, Republican strategist Roger Stone alleged that Michelle Obama had publicly referred to Whites as “whitey” and that a tape existed that would back up the charge of her alleged racism. The smear that Stone passed along originated with right-wing blogger Larry Johnson and made the rounds of right-wing blogs, repeated by talk radio host Rush Limbaugh.

Stone was soon forced to admit that he had not talked to anyone that had viewed the tape. Indeed, no such tape appears to exist.

• While Obama’s father may be Muslim, the repeated veiled references on Fox News to Obama himself being an unpatriotic Muslim who refuses to say the pledge of allegiance or wear an American flag lapel pin while intending to destroy the United States are too numerous to mention in this space.

• The breathless non-stop “coverage” of the “controversy” surrounding remarks by Obama’s pastor, Reverend Jeremiah Wright, has been covered extensively elsewhere and is also too voluminous to chronicle in this space. This occurred simultaneously with Fox News’ failure to cover outrageous comments made by McCain supporters John Hagee and Rod Parsley.

• Several Fox News personnel have been only too happy to smear Obama by assertion, using such tactics as equating Obama’s first name with Osama bin Laden’s name and Obama’s middle name (Hussein) with Saddam.

One notable example was a joke made by Fox News Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes, who reportedly said in a speech, “It’s true that Barack Obama is on the move. I don’t know if it’s true President Bush called [Pakistan President Pervez] Musharraf and said, ‘Why can’t we catch this guy?’”

• Last year, the Fox News program Fox and Friends aired a report that Obama had attended a radical Islamic school in Indonesia when he was a child. When the allegation was shown to be false, Fox and Friends’ co-hosts distanced themselves from the story, which had begun as an unsubstantiated story in Insight Magazine, a publication by the right-wing Washington Times newspaper.

• On June 6, Fox News anchor Brit Hume said about Obama: “His campaign has emphasized his faith in part to dispel what the campaign calls an online smear campaign which contends among other things that Obama was raised a Muslim. There is even a statement on his official campaign website reading, quote, ‘Obama has never been a Muslim, and is a committed Christian.’ But Obama’s half brother is not so sure. Malik Obama tells The Jerusalem Post that, ‘if elected his brother will be a good president for the Jewish people, despite his Muslim background.’”

The quote from Obama’s brother was dutifully repeated on fan sites for Fox News’ Sean Hannity as well as by conservative bloggers. ABC News obtained a tape of the interview in question, and although the questions aren’t clearly heard, what Obama’s brother said was perfectly audible.

What Malik Obama apparently did say, in part, was: “...I can’t go in terms of Israel and Kenya and America, and so forth, you know, but based on what else I’ve heard him say and what I know of him as an individual, I don’t think Israel should worry too much, you know, about the connection. Because, I am a Muslim myself, and I don’t think that my being a Muslim has got anything to do with my brother being the President of the United States.”

Brit Hume has, as far as we can determine, yet to issue a correction or retraction.

• Obama’s recent announcement that he would forego public financing for the general election was portrayed, through selective editing of what Obama actually said, as a hypocritical flip-flop from his earlier statements. The distortion occurred on Fox News’ June 19 Special Report broadcast, which also omitted the context in which Obama had said, “If I am the Democratic nominee, I will aggressively pursue an agreement with the Republican nominee to preserve a publicly financed general election.”

In addition, across the board, Fox News personalities have uniformly declined to inform viewers of Republican challenger John McCain’s problems with the public financing system, which was intended to reduce the role of special interests and the wealthy on campaigns.

When McCain’s campaign was floundering in the primary election season, the Republican candidate is accused of having secured public taxpayer funds to keep the campaign on life support. To secure the public funding, McCain had allegedly signed a binding agreement with the Federal Elections Commission that obligated him to accept spending limits and agree to other conditions for accepting the funds.

McCain has since withdrawn from the public finance system, a move that apparently has legal repercussions. There are other allegations of improprieties on McCain’s part that, if demonstrated to be true, would leave his campaign in legal trouble. None of this gets reported on Fox News, however.

Again, Fox News is not the only media outlet guilty of distortions and smears against the Obamas. They do seem, however, to be the willing source of many of the smears and have displayed an unhealthy willingness to pass on as fact any unsourced or unfounded allegation that will put the Obamas in the worst light possible.

Fox News has been shown — despite its claims to “fairness” and “balance” — to be one of the last places those two journalistic values can be found. Again, we stress that media bias is pervasive; Fox News just appears to be the worst purveyor. In fact, some media figures have been accused of being too blatantly pro-Obama, perhaps most notably MSNBC’s Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann.

I admit Fox News coverage leans toward the right. But isn't great at least one source of news is right leaning, instead of having all of the MSM dominated by left wing loonies?

Fox News, whose slogan is “Fair and Balanced,” seems to have gone above and beyond in its anti-Obama rhetoric, which also includes smears and misinformation about Obama’s outspoken wife, Michelle.
Some examples:

Stone was soon forced to admit that he had not talked to anyone that had viewed the tape. Indeed, no such tape appears to exist.

The quote from Obama’s brother was dutifully repeated on fan sites for Fox News’ Sean Hannity as well as by conservative bloggers. ABC News obtained a tape of the interview in question, and although the questions aren’t clearly heard, what Obama’s brother said was perfectly audible.

What Malik Obama apparently did say, in part, was: “...I can’t go in terms of Israel and Kenya and America, and so forth, you know, but based on what else I’ve heard him say and what I know of him as an individual, I don’t think Israel should worry too much, you know, about the connection. Because, I am a Muslim myself, and I don’t think that my being a Muslim has got anything to do with my brother being the President of the United States.”

Brit Hume has, as far as we can determine, yet to issue a correction or retraction.

• Obama’s recent announcement that he would forego public financing for the general election was portrayed, through selective editing of what Obama actually said, as a hypocritical flip-flop from his earlier statements. The distortion occurred on Fox News’ June 19 Special Report broadcast, which also omitted the context in which Obama had said, “If I am the Democratic nominee, I will aggressively pursue an agreement with the Republican nominee to preserve a publicly financed general election.”

In addition, across the board, Fox News personalities have uniformly declined to inform viewers of Republican challenger John McCain’s problems with the public financing system, which was intended to reduce the role of special interests and the wealthy on campaigns.

When McCain’s campaign was floundering in the primary election season, the Republican candidate is accused of having secured public taxpayer funds to keep the campaign on life support. To secure the public funding, McCain had allegedly signed a binding agreement with the Federal Elections Commission that obligated him to accept spending limits and agree to other conditions for accepting the funds.

McCain has since withdrawn from the public finance system, a move that apparently has legal repercussions. There are other allegations of improprieties on McCain’s part that, if demonstrated to be true, would leave his campaign in legal trouble. None of this gets reported on Fox News, however.

Again, Fox News is not the only media outlet guilty of distortions and smears against the Obamas. They do seem, however, to be the willing source of many of the smears and have displayed an unhealthy willingness to pass on as fact any unsourced or unfounded allegation that will put the Obamas in the worst light possible.

Fox News has been shown — despite its claims to “fairness” and “balance” — to be one of the last places those two journalistic values can be found. Again, we stress that media bias is pervasive; Fox News just appears to be the worst purveyor. In fact, some media figures have been accused of being too blatantly pro-Obama, perhaps most notably MSNBC’s Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann.

No link?
Once again, I don't have a problem with it so long as the people with the bias admit to the bias...and most of these references, if true, are not indicative of dishonest journalism.

Media Matters - Fox News airs altered photos of NY Times reporters

<object width="320" height="335"><param name="movie" value="http://mediamatters.org/static/flash/mmfaplayer.swf"></param><param name="flashvars" value="config=http://mediamatters.org/tools/flash/config?id=462373"></param><embed src="http://mediamatters.org/static/flash/mmfaplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="config=http://mediamatters.org/tools/flash/config?id=462373" width="320" height="335"></embed></object>

Thanks for posting that. I actually thought Steven Radicliffe had the body of a poodle :rolleyes:

Check out these guys video's about Fox News-he's pretty good, and honest:

YouTube - LiberalViewer's Channel

Is that guy you? I fail to see how anyone could like that idiot otherwise. He's a complete moron who takes things out of context and talks out his ass 90% of the time, all the while you are pulling your hair out with that terible voice of his that sounds like he has two dicks lodged up his nose.

Is that guy you? I fail to see how anyone could like that idiot otherwise. He's a complete moron who takes things out of context and talks out his ass 90% of the time, all the while you are pulling your hair out with that terible voice of his that sounds like he has two dicks lodged up his nose.

So you liked it I see............

How many vids did you watch? Is he a "moron" because all he says is true, or because you don't like his voice? People resort to name calling when they don't have valid facts to back up their opinions.
:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back