Fox News Broadcasts Wrong Address for Terrorist's House

M

Max Power

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-la...ack=1&cset=true

In what Fox News officials concede was a mistake, John Loftus, a former U.S. prosecutor, gave out the address Aug. 7, saying it was the home of a Middle Eastern man, Iyad K. Hilal, who was the leader of a terrorist group with ties to those responsible for the July 7 bombings in London.

Hilal, whom Loftus identified by name during the broadcast, moved out of the house about three years ago. But the consequences were immediate for the Voricks.

"I'm scared to go to work and leave my kids home. I call them every 30 minutes to make sure they're OK," Randy Vorick said.

"I keep telling myself this can't be happening to me. This can't be happening to my family. But it is. I want our lives to be normal again," he said.

A driver yelled a profanity at the family and called them terrorists as they barbecued on their patio Aug. 14. Some drivers have stopped and photographed the house, Randy Vorick said.

Last weekend, someone spray-painted "Terrist" on their home. Police, who have regularly patrolled their house since the day after the broadcast, now station a squad car across the street.

Fox News hasn't aired a correction.

Max Power said:
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-la...ack=1&cset=true
What part of this do you NOT understand?

Max said:
In what Fox News officials concede was a mistake, John Loftus, a former U.S. prosecutor, gave out the address Aug. 7, saying it was the home of a Middle Eastern man, Iyad K. Hilal, who was the leader of a terrorist group with ties to those responsible for the July 7 bombings in London.

Fox News hasn't aired a correction.
What is it you are looking for? Sky Writing?

Kathianne said:
Max Power said:
Would be funny, if not true. Join the conspirators, just as appropriate. :tinfoil:

The quest for the grail is not conspiracy, it's a race against evil. If it is captured by the Nazis the armies of darkness will march all over the face of the earth. Do you understand me?

Max Power said:
Kathianne said:
The quest for the grail is not conspiracy, it's a race against evil. If it is captured by the Nazis the armies of darkness will march all over the face of the earth. Do you understand me?

No. Trust me, few would. Take those few with you please.

Kathianne said:
Max Power said:
No. Trust me, few would. Take those few with you please.

The search for the Grail is the search for the divine in all of us. But if you want facts, Kathianne, I've none to give you. At my age, I'm prepared to take a few things on faith.

Max Power said:
Kathianne said:
The search for the Grail is the search for the divine in all of us. But if you want facts, Kathianne, I've none to give you. At my age, I'm prepared to take a few things on faith.

Enjoy!

If they truly broadcast an incorrect address they should be reporting a correction. Having an innocent family attacked is simply not something that will garner them much support.

no1tovote4 said:
If they truly broadcast an incorrect address they should be reporting a correction. Having an innocent family attacked is simply not something that will garner them much support.

The article says they have admitted the mistake. What constitutes a correction other than saying that you've made a mistake?

Hobbit said:
The article says they have admitted the mistake. What constitutes a correction other than saying that you've made a mistake?

Admitting you made a mistake is only part of the correction. Since these people are being actually physically harrassed it should include more than just saying, "I made a mistake." A concerted effort should be made to insure that people would know that it was not that house so that attacks on the family that currently resides there would be minimal.

Forum List

Back