Fox News Beats all of them - Combined

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by -Cp, Sep 28, 2004.

1. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...y/20040928/va_tv_ne/fox_news_beats_all_rivals

Fox News beats all rivals

Tue Sep 28, 6:23 PM ET Television - Variety

Pamela McClintock, STAFF

NEW YORK -- For the first time in its history, Fox News Channel beat the combined competition in primetime during the third quarter of 2004, with major headlines of the summer including the national political conventions and a brutal string of hurricanes.

According to Nielsen Media Research, Fox News averaged 1.8 million viewers, while CNN, MSNBC, CNBC and Headline News averaged a combined total of 1.7 million. The quarter ended Sunday.

CNN came in a distant second, averaging 882,000 viewers, while MSNBC drew 421,000. Headline News averaged 226,000 in primetime, and CNBC attracted a paltry 133,000.

Most of the cable news nets were up significantly vs. Q3 2003 thanks to a busy news cycle. The one exception was CNBC, which was down 13%.

Buoyed by the Olympics and convention coverage, MSNBC saw the most growth in its primetime aud, up a hefty 55%. Fox News came in second in terms of growth, up 39%. CNN was up 19% and Headline News 17%.

In the key news demo, Fox News averaged 405,000 viewers in 25-54, a 44% improvement on the same period in 2003. CNN averaged 195,000 viewers in the demo, up 17%. At 115,000, MSNBC was up 34%.

Headline News averaged 75,000 viewers in the demo, up only 6% from the same frame last year. CNBC improved its performance in the demo, averaging 53,000 viewers, a 36% jump.

Fox News' third-quarter performance further solidified its dominance in the field of cable news, as well as its increasing strength against even the broadcast nets. During the Republican National Convention in late August, Fox News won out over ABC News, CBS News and NBC News, also a first for a cable news net.

Earlier this week, Bill O'Reilly's interview with President Bush (news - web sites) on Fox News' "The O'Reilly Factor" drew a whopping 4.6 million viewers.

Fox News had nine of the 10 top programs during the third quarter, with O'Reilly remaining at No. 1, averaging 2.4 million viewers. The one exception was CNN's "Larry King Live," which was No. 6, averaging 1.3 million viewers.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    :thewave:

Good for Fox!

3. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,237
    It just goes to show, people want to hear the news with no "spin or bias" added, or outright lies... ahem, mr rather..., just the truth, and that's what you get at FOX News.

4. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    The big wigs at the networks and the other cable news stations must be furious!! They are getting made fools of by the station that they like to make fun of. When will they learn to listen to the American people? We have spoken(or watched) and told them we want fair news!!!

5. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    it's crazy that those who believe lies, persecute truth as 'spin'.

I read far too often online "...and Fox news is a JOKE...blah blah"

6. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    A wise ownership would recognize this trend immediately and make the necessary adjustments. The fact the this isn't happening is further proof that the media ownership have an agenda that is more important than the truth OR ratings.

7. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112

A while back,I saw the guy that runs MSNBC on Fox doing an interview,and he admited that they were trying everything they could to be more like Fox. The graphics and all. I wonder if this could have been part of the reason for bringing Joe S. on . All they had was Chris Mathews :wtf: and that stupid Keith Oberman(?).

8. Sandy73

Sandy73 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The trolls will be out shortly to play with this thread ! :duh3:

9. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    It's happening some. I've noticed CNN is not as liberally biased as it once was. But I still occassionally see a bias that make my ears bleed and my head spin.

10. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,237
    I think they're just looking for more clever ways to "hide" their liberal agenda. I don't think they'll ever give it up. They'll ride their liberal agenda until they drive their program into the dirt. Just like one of their idols, slick willie, that said, even after being IMPEACHED, "the only way I'm leaving the White House is KICKING and SCREAMING", and I think that's the only way these other liberal media outlets will go, still kicking and screaming their liberal message to the bitter end.