Fox News and O'Reilly

well i feel stupid for having read that post.

Who cares what OReilly says? Who cares what anyone says. if you don't want to hear them, then don't watch or listen to them! It's not a tough concept. I dont like OReilly myself. I just don't feel that he is sincere all the time. I feel like he is just saying stuff because thats where the ratings are. But you know what? Im not complaining about him. I just dont bother watching the guy most of the time.

and you know what? most of the time view point radio or tv isn't worth it. You get to the point where you already know what they are going to say because you already know the fundamental principles guiding them. and quite honestly some of the things they spend time talking about is just plain boring.

If you are tired of OReilly why not just spend some time with your family or get a job or a social life.

Mornin all

Thanks for your responses.

I've posted in other forums, as well as this one, suggesting a boycott of Fox News sponsors. Two thirds of the the reponses are running about two to one, postive to negative. The remaining third is basically neutral.

There seems to be a general consensus that both the broadcast and print media are almost all "spin doctors", obeying their corporate masters and encouraging their controversial personalities, mostly for their entertainment value and resulting profits. I believe that it is worse than that and that the corporate level is being coerced and or extorted by the Bush Administration.

I wish to thank Osborne F. Enready in the Volcanvo Forum for his recommendation regarding Media Ecology. And Sonart, in the same Forum for his pointing out the University of Maryland PIPA study. Very good ...... very informative.

I read at least twenty newspapers a day from all around the world, basically watch CNN and C-Span, as well as being on the list for most of the major blogs.

One source that I find is doing the best job of keeping people informed of the truth is www. mediamatters.com. In a little over 9 months of existence they are very effectively "unspinning" the spin, even to the point that the New York Times and CNN have corrected themselves on several reports. Their research is very good..

The negative responses I'm getting regarding this boycott appear to be from, as one responder put's it, the great "unwashed". Like O'Reilly and Limbaugh they don't respond to the subject, they attack and insult the individual with vehement slurs as to one's intelligence and even one's manhood.

All through my life I have found this type of individual to be an "Osteep". That sheepish unlearned individual who run's with the herd ,,,,, the yapping sheepdogs, who try to keep society controlled for their own predartory aims, nipping at their butts ..... and when confronted with something new or that would require individual thought, hurriedly stick their heads in the sand of conformity and wait until it goes away.

It is the complacency that bothers me. Many of the responses basically say, "Oh, that's the way it is. You can't change it!" Or, "If you don't like it, don't watch it!, or range wide afield effectively avoiding the idea. Somehow, some way some has to say "Enough !" and take a stand.

To me the most expedient way to stop the lies and corruption in our Fourth Estate is to "follow the money" and stop it's flow. To do that the sponsors must be affected.

So, if you agree with me, follow my suggestion and do without your Folgers or Sara Lee Apple Turnovers for while and tell them why.

And, if you agree with me, copy my post and post it wherever you feel it would be effective.

I'm just one man but, as the old saying goes, "the longest journey begins with a single step." Maybe a little trite in this day and age ........ but still true

Mike Whitmire
[email protected]

Uh huh.

So, do you like wearing women's clothing, or do you just work there? :rolleyes:

Gotta admit, I don't remember ever seeing a troll come back like this as if everyone were on his side. Must take a special kind of stupid for something like that.

Oh yeah. Just thought I would add, it's funny that on O'Reilly last night he saluted all of the Fox News sponsers for not folding under pressure (as weak as it is) from left wing nuts. How fitting.

chiluqui said:
Mornin all

I've posted in other forums, as well as this one, suggesting a boycott of Fox News sponsors. Two thirds of the the reponses are running about two to one, postive to negative. The remaining third is basically neutral.

There seems to be a general consensus that both the broadcast and print media are almost all "spin doctors", obeying their corporate masters and encouraging their controversial personalities, mostly for their entertainment value and resulting profits. I believe that it is worse than that and that the corporate level is being coerced and or extorted by the Bush Administration.

I wish to thank Osborne F. Enready in the Volcanvo Forum for his recommendation regarding Media Ecology. And Sonart, in the same Forum for his pointing out the University of Maryland PIPA study. Very good ...... very informative.

I read at least twenty newspapers a day from all around the world, basically watch CNN and C-Span, as well as being on the list for most of the major blogs.

One source that I find is doing the best job of keeping people informed of the truth is www. mediamatters.com. In a little over 9 months of existence they are very effectively "unspinning" the spin, even to the point that the New York Times and CNN have corrected themselves on several reports. Their research is very good..

The negative responses I'm getting regarding this boycott appear to be from, as one responder put's it, the great "unwashed". Like O'Reilly and Limbaugh they don't respond to the subject, they attack and insult the individual with vehement slurs as to one's intelligence and even one's manhood.

All through my life I have found this type of individual to be an "Osteep". That sheepish unlearned individual who run's with the herd ,,,,, the yapping sheepdogs, who try to keep society controlled for their own predartory aims, nipping at their butts ..... and when confronted with something new or that would require individual thought, hurriedly stick their heads in the sand of conformity and wait until it goes away.

It is the complacency that bothers me. Many of the responses basically say, "Oh, that's the way it is. You can't change it!" Or, "If you don't like it, don't watch it!, or range wide afield effectively avoiding the idea. Somehow, some way some has to say "Enough !" and take a stand.

To me the most expedient way to stop the lies and corruption in our Fourth Estate is to "follow the money" and stop it's flow. To do that the sponsors must be affected.

So, if you agree with me, follow my suggestion and do without your Folgers or Sara Lee Apple Turnovers for while and tell them why.

And, if you agree with me, copy my post and post it wherever you feel it would be effective.

I'm just one man but, as the old saying goes, "the longest journey begins with a single step." Maybe a little trite in this day and age ........ but still true

Mike Whitmire
[email protected]

Face it buddy, this is America, not the Soviet Union. I realize that to leftists being exposed to an opposing veiwpoint is like a cockroach being exposed to a mist of Raid, but still.

This guy is likely a paid DNC idiot, notice two posts attempting to get us to do something and a response that clearly indicated he didn't read a single response.

Look, Mike Whitmire, I don't boycott cBS advertisers because they advertise during the "News" or on more "serious" made-up news sources like "60 Minutes" why the F*ck would I boycott somebody that is far less dangerous to the news media considering his is an EDITORIAL SHOW while Rather's was not. Why do you think that I am suddenly going to support a boycott of somebody using their first amendment rights to express their OPINION on an EDITORIAL SHOW?

You like to spin your wheels don't you. In fact I am sure, like the Limbaugh boycotts, this will work against you...

I remember the record sales Florida Orange juice got while the Teacher's union was boycotting them because they advertised on Rush's show. What do you think to accomplish with our idiocy?

im, did Maxine Waters really say that quote in your sig? Because that is the single most unbelievably moronic statement I have EVER heard. We're talking jaw-dropping stupid. World-class joke-level imbecilic. Wow.

Rep definitely coming your way for unearthing that gem.

:thewave:

Edited to add: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to theim again.

Abbey Normal said:
im, did Maxine Waters really say that quote in your sig? Because that is the single most unbelievably moronic statement I have EVER heard. We're talking jaw-dropping stupid. World-class joke-level imbecilic. Wow.

Rep definitely coming your way for unearthing that gem.

:thewave:

Edited to add: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to theim again.

Hey, looks like:

http://lucianne.com/routine/archives/04-26-04.htm
Intriguing Alternative of the Day

“I have to march because my mother could not have an abortion.”

-Congresswoman Maxine Waters (D-Calif) at Anti-Bush Pro-Abortion Rally Sunday, April 25.

These people have to try a stunt like this, because soooo many people listen to Rush and Oreilly, they can't stand it. Plus they've lost control of this medium and they want it shut down. They have control of the MSM, and they want to silence people like Rush, Bill Oreilly, and Hannity..
I don't like Err America, but I don't boycott them per say, I just don't listen to them.. That's the best boycott there is...
That isn't happening with Bill and Rush, Hannity,so they have to try for a boycott. :piss2:

Must not be going so good for them.. :teeth:

chiluqui said:
Originally Posted by chiluqui
Mornin all

Mike Whitmire
[email protected]

What you got against Papa Bear?

chiluqui said:
Mornin all

Mike Whitmire
[email protected]

How about actually quoting transcripts of O'Rielly, Rush or whoever and then point out how they outright "lie" as you claim. I don't watch O'Rielly often anymore but I don't think I've ever seen him slander or attack a person, he just attacks their ideas. But I guess liberals are just too dumb to know the difference. Provide some proof if you expect us to join your "boycott", untill then... :finger:

Originally Posted by chiluqui
Mornin all

"One source that I find is doing the best job of keeping people informed of the truth is www. mediamatters.com. In a little over 9 months of existence they are very effectively "unspinning" the spin, even to the point that the New York Times and CNN have corrected themselves on several reports. Their research is very good.."

Another good source of unspun news is FactCheck.Org, although they are usually late with it. Appreciate this mediamatters source and will give it a look-see. That said. Let's face it. When the spin repeats what we like to hear, it is not spin. That is what the other guy, the other side, is listening to. And it makes you think hard, trying to sift through it all because at least when I hear what I think is spin, it usually comes at you in a high pitched and emotional tenor. That's a cue. In the end, to become immune to it, you have to set down and know your principles and weigh the news against it. That's my take on it, anyway.

Forum List

Back