fox news and math

Discussion in 'Media' started by blu, Nov 23, 2009.

1. blu

blu Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +774
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    OMG. :lol: Chicago schools need to start teaching math. Maybe this is "new" math?

3. frazzledgear

frazzledgear Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +541
    Are you so silly as to believe that if you see something on the internet it must be true? If so I have this miracle cure I came up with in my kitchen. It will cure everything and anything that ails you including acne, epilepsy, dental caries and cancer. I'm willing to sell it you. Cheap too. Email me the dough at Friend-for-Life@stalker.net.

The only place this picture appears is on the guy's Twitter and it is a photo that was ALTERED for it. Nowhere else does this picture exist -because it never happened. Any site that mentions it refers back to this guy's Twitter page photo.

But here is the problem with being a total tool. People who occupy reality can pop your delusional bubble.

Reality check: No Fox poll has ever showed any Republican getting more than around 30% or so support among Republicans -and Palin has NEVER been the front runner among Republicans for 2012 in any Fox poll (or anywhere else either). No poll anywhere, including Fox has shown any serious support for any Republican at this point - but definitely not for Palin at the top. So the notion that Fox had a poll where not one candidate suddenly shot up and doubled that 30% mark - but THREE of them all at the same time -with PALIN as the top favorite with 70% and a pie chart pretending to show one pie divided up this way - is just a silly joke. Yet you didn't even BLINK and immediately assumed this was a real photo? How sad.

Tell me, does that hook in your mouth hurt?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  4. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +350
    Now I am reassured again I made the right decision in being FOXFREE for a while, I couldn't take their "Fair & Balanced" anymore, I was getting dizzy and falling down. :lol:

Maybe they have hired help from the 'other' news media pals and they are really 'plants' to discredit Fox News? NOT, they are doing this all by themselves. I guess this is what happens when an entity 'thinks' they are the best and believe they are invulnerable.

Nice going 'Fox Oooze' :lol::lol:

5. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Yet again, I have to ask what this has to do with the 'media'.

Provide a link to Fox as evidence. What makes me really laugh is that people continue to be some completely fucking gullible as to believe shit just cuz it's on the net.

6. paperview

paperview Life is Good

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,149
    Er....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rbyhj8uTT8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
    You tell us. :lol:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965

Hmmm. Which presenter is that?

And, it says the source of the numbers is 'opinions'. Not a source I know. Anyone know anything about this source?

8. paperview

paperview Life is Good

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,149
    Think Progress » Fox’s Fuzzy Math: 193 Percent Of The Public Support Palin, Huckabee, And Romney

"The numbers came from Republican respondents to a recent Fox News opinion poll [PDF link], as pointed out by Think Progress.

The document produced by the poll does not present Republican favorability ratings with a pie chart. Instead, respondents were simply asked if they held a favorable view of certain public figures.

Atop the list of names sampled, Oprah Winfrey claimed the highest rating at 61 percent. Among Republicans, her favorability is just 46 percent.
    Palin's overall placement on the list was second with a rating of 47 percent.

This video is from MyFox Chicago, broadcast Nov. 22, 2009."

9. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,122
    The numbers came from a recent Fox poll but
    The local Fox anchor screwed up putting the pie chart together, rather than FNC. At least that's how I read it.

10. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +350
    Well, they represent Fox News, for the most part. So who is to blame? And who had their last day at work?