fox news and math

Wonkette : All 193% of Republicans Support Palin, Romney and Huckabee

my favorite digg comment on the link:

"I LOLd for 30 seconds, then I ROFLd, for 28 seconds, then I tried to catch my breath for the next 45 seconds.
That's how I spent the last minute."

:cuckoo::lol::cuckoo::lol:

i am sure the average fox viewer doesn't even get whats wrong with the image

Are you so silly as to believe that if you see something on the internet it must be true? If so I have this miracle cure I came up with in my kitchen. It will cure everything and anything that ails you including acne, epilepsy, dental caries and cancer. I'm willing to sell it you. Cheap too. Email me the dough at [email protected].

The only place this picture appears is on the guy's Twitter and it is a photo that was ALTERED for it. Nowhere else does this picture exist -because it never happened. Any site that mentions it refers back to this guy's Twitter page photo.

But here is the problem with being a total tool. People who occupy reality can pop your delusional bubble.

Reality check: No Fox poll has ever showed any Republican getting more than around 30% or so support among Republicans -and Palin has NEVER been the front runner among Republicans for 2012 in any Fox poll (or anywhere else either). No poll anywhere, including Fox has shown any serious support for any Republican at this point - but definitely not for Palin at the top. So the notion that Fox had a poll where not one candidate suddenly shot up and doubled that 30% mark - but THREE of them all at the same time -with PALIN as the top favorite with 70% and a pie chart pretending to show one pie divided up this way - is just a silly joke. Yet you didn't even BLINK and immediately assumed this was a real photo? How sad.

Tell me, does that hook in your mouth hurt?

Last edited:
Now I am reassured again I made the right decision in being FOXFREE for a while, I couldn't take their "Fair & Balanced" anymore, I was getting dizzy and falling down. :lol:

Maybe they have hired help from the 'other' news media pals and they are really 'plants' to discredit Fox News? NOT, they are doing this all by themselves. I guess this is what happens when an entity 'thinks' they are the best and believe they are invulnerable.

Nice going 'Fox Oooze' :lol::lol:

Yet again, I have to ask what this has to do with the 'media'.

Provide a link to Fox as evidence. What makes me really laugh is that people continue to be some completely fucking gullible as to believe shit just cuz it's on the net.

"I LOLd for 30 seconds, then I ROFLd, for 28 seconds, then I tried to catch my breath for the next 45 seconds.

Are you so silly as to believe that if you see something on the internet it must be true? If so I have this miracle cure I came up with in my kitchen. It will cure everything and anything that ails you including acne, epilepsy, dental caries and cancer. I'm willing to sell it you. Cheap too. Email me the dough at [email protected].

The only place this picture appears is on the guy's Twitter and it is a photo that was ALTERED for it. Nowhere else does this picture exist -because it never happened. Any site that mentions it refers back to this guy's Twitter page photo.

But here is the problem with being a total tool. People who occupy reality can pop your delusional bubble.

Reality check: No Fox poll has ever showed any Republican getting more than around 30% or so support among Republicans -and Palin has NEVER been the front runner among Republicans for 2012 in any Fox poll (or anywhere else either). No poll anywhere, including Fox has shown any serious support for any Republican at this point - but definitely not for Palin at the top. So the notion that Fox had a poll where not one candidate suddenly shot up and doubled that 30% mark - but THREE of them all at the same time -with PALIN as the top favorite with 70% and a pie chart pretending to show one pie divided up this way - is just a silly joke. Yet you didn't even BLINK and immediately assumed this was a real photo? How sad.

Er....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rbyhj8uTT8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

You tell us. :lol:

Er....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rbyhj8uTT8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

You tell us. :lol:

Hmmm. Which presenter is that?

And, it says the source of the numbers is 'opinions'. Not a source I know. Anyone know anything about this source?

Think Progress » Fox’s Fuzzy Math: 193 Percent Of The Public Support Palin, Huckabee, And Romney

"The numbers came from Republican respondents to a recent Fox News opinion poll [PDF link], as pointed out by Think Progress.

The document produced by the poll does not present Republican favorability ratings with a pie chart. Instead, respondents were simply asked if they held a favorable view of certain public figures.

Atop the list of names sampled, Oprah Winfrey claimed the highest rating at 61 percent. Among Republicans, her favorability is just 46 percent.
Palin's overall placement on the list was second with a rating of 47 percent.

This video is from MyFox Chicago, broadcast Nov. 22, 2009."

The numbers came from a recent Fox poll but
Fox News’ local Chicago affiliate, anchor Byron Harlan employed some funny math

The local Fox anchor screwed up putting the pie chart together, rather than FNC. At least that's how I read it.

The local Fox anchor screwed up putting the pie chart together, rather than FNC. At least that's how I read it.

Well, they represent Fox News, for the most part. So who is to blame? And who had their last day at work?

Well, they represent Fox News, for the most part. So who is to blame? And who had their last day at work?

It's the local Fox station though, rather than FNC. From what I read it sounded like the local anchor guy screwed up the math.

Was the guy fired?

Yet again, I have to ask what this has to do with the 'media'.

Provide a link to Fox as evidence. What makes me really laugh is that people continue to be some completely fucking gullible as to believe shit just cuz it's on the net.

The phony pie chart was doctored up from a Fox poll showing which Republicans had the highest favorability ratings among Republicans. 70% of Republicans have a favorable opinion of Palin, 60% have a favorable view of Huckabee, etc. The poll wasn't a "pick only one of the above to have a favorable view about" and there NEVER was a pie chart about any 193% of Republicans as shown in that the phony doctored pie chart. That was just an obvious joke someone fixed up. Except to some apparently. LOL The poll wasn't about who Republicans favor as a possible Presidential candidate. No Republican has done well in any of those at this point with no one garnering more than about 30% and usually lower. Having a favorable view of someone doesn't mean they want that person as President and that isn't what they were being asked -only if they had a favorable or unfavorable view of different individuals.

Interesting to see those who want to use anything -even a doctored up joke photo -to come out of the woodwork again yammering about how they are convinced news channels where 98% of all employees in front of and behind the cameras identify themselves as liberals compared to Fox where only 52% identify themselves as liberals - in a nation where only 20% identify themselves as liberals -are actually going to be the stations most likely to do the best job of fair and balanced reporting! Oh right - we all know its only common sense to believe that a room jammed packed full of only liberals can be trusted to give us the least biased and most accurate reporting on political issues!

It must be why between CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, NPR and Fox -only Fox is reporting on the conspiracy between some of the world's most influential and most reputable global warming alarmists to DOCTOR the research and admitting to manipulating the data to suit their agenda -since reality is refusing to do it for them. All while they deliberately subverted the peer review process in order to keep their lies hidden -and which exists to keep this kind of bullshit in check in the first place! Did you take a look at the puff pieces these other stations were focusing on instead of this BOMBSHELL story? A massive global conspiracy has been revealed and no other US news station thinks that is of any interest to the public? Oh no liberal bias involved in the top level decision at all these stations to boycott this story and try to keep it from the people entirely, right? ROFL If I want to hear the full news, I HAVE to watch Fox -all other stations have decided there are news stories I should not be allowed to even know about and will refuse to tell me about them.

Or its like pretending this CNN poll taken in Oct. is the way it should be done. CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - CNN Poll: GOP favorable rating lowest in a decade « - Blogs from CNN.com. This is EXACTLY how to build bias into a poll, how to avoid reporting at all about the political affiliation of those polled (http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/10/23/rel15i.pdf) - and a perfect example of how to slant how the results will even be reported. This is EXACTLY what a station jammed full of liberals would want those reading this article about the poll to take away from it knowing people are far more likely to read the first half of any story than the last half. It REQUIRES biased reporting to do it. And when a station has no one but liberals there, who is going to object to slanting stuff in the liberals and Democrats' favor? NO ONE.

1. Don't reveal the fact Democrats were hugely over-sampled and that is obvious from the favorability ratings of the Democrat Party. CNN didn't even bother to report how many Democrats were polled vs. Republican/independent. But NO WAY 53% of the public has a favorable view of Democrats -the approval ratings for the Democrat Party tanked in August below 50% and has remained below there since. It required over sampling of Democrats to get an approval rating above 50% in Oct.

2. Down play the fact that (even with over-sampling Democrats), the approval ratings for Democrat leaders in Congress are an EMBARRASSMENT for Democrats and should worry the hell out the party. In fact don't report the actual number when you finally do get around to mentioning it -just leave it at saying their favorable ratings dropped slightly from the previous month.

3. Bury late in the second half of the story that this Congress -run BY Democrats FOR Democrats -has only a 27% approval rating which is significantly lower than the approval rating of the Republican Party.

4. And finally, even though anyone with a brain would know this poll has far more significant implications regarding the Democrats in power and the Democrat controlled Congress - make the headline story about the disapproval rating of the Republican Party with a dramatic headline about it being the lowest in 25 years. While remaining dead silent about the fact the disapproval ratings for this Democrat controlled Congress at 27% is among the lowest for any Congress since they started keeping track of Congressional approval ratings! As part of how to "properly" present this to the public, it goes without saying that the name "Bush" MUST be mentioned with negative connotations at least twice in the first half of the story. For good measure be sure to quote someone willing to claim the Republicans disapproval ratings are likely due to a still existing resentment about Bush and the fact that Republicans have spent most of their time working against Democrat proposals. This will leave readers with the implication that these were proposals DESIRED by the public who then got pissed off with Republicans even though no Republican was ever needed to pass a damn thing in Congress -but it got people so angry with Republicans they gave them higher negative ratings for not rolling over for whatever the Democrats want. (Which we all know they were elected to do. LOL) Since no effort was made to find out WHY people have a more unfavorable opinion of the Republican Party, it let CNN just totally make up their own reasons and put forth the notion that it is all because of Bush and Republicans not acting like Democrats. Which is actually only why LIBERALS have an unfavorable view of Republicans -not the people being polled. People with other viewpoints than the liberal one just don't exist at these other stations to point out the obvious fallacy in thinking here. The 2% who aren't self identified liberals are NOT those with the authority to keep bias out of the reporting -but most likely hired to sweep their floors after the cameras go off.

A Rasmussen poll taken about the same time has much more depth to it and is far more fair in its reporting on the results AND specifically wanted to know why those being polled answered the way they did regarding whether they held favorable or unfavorable views -because everyone knows that results reported out of context are MEANINGLESS. It turns out people really do have a very low opinion of the Republican Party. Not because of Democrats whose views on the party remain unchanged and have not played a role in the rise in disapproval ratings for the party. It is because of Republicans and independents. Republicans and independents are not happy with the Republican Party for primarily just two reasons -and guess what? Bush isn't either of them! LOL People think the Republican Party has strayed too far from its conservative roots as a party and act too much like Democrats thereby providing voters with no real choice. And secondly people believe they are not doing enough to try and put the brakes on this out-of-control Democrat Congress who continue selling this country down the river.

Sure -of all news channels, its actually FOX with the trust problems with the public though. Oh please. I'm not afraid to be kept fully informed about what is going in the world -in fact I happen to think news stations are obligated to do that. But you anti-Fox nutjobs go ahead with being manipulated and kept in the dark and keep telling us how much you enjoy that. LOL

Last edited:

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::lol::lol::lol::lol:

people like you make me smile

Forum List

Back