Fox News Affiliate reporter explains delegate situation now that Santorum dropped

I don't know how or who runs campaigns but that is a good point. Although aren't most campaigns usually in the red in the end? I remember Hillary was deep in debt when she folded. Dunno how normal it is but it just confirms my belief that we have to get the money out of elections.

No, there's no reason to be in debt. If anything, running as a fiscal conservative and calling for strict budgeting, you would think that you would walk your talk and not continue campaigning if you can't keep yourself funded and in the black.

I don't want to hear you running your mouth about debt and deficits and about how you're such a hawk on it, when you can't even budget your own campaign properly.
They run their campaigns the same as people use their credit cards. Borrow now, pay back later. They all do it. This is endemic to just Santorum and/or Gingrich. Regardless as to whether they win or lose their respective election, once the campaign is over they go about the business of cleaning up the debt, and cleaning up debt is ironically what this country needs. I would think that someone that knows how to do it would make a good President.

This is horrible logic and I don't really think you believe that shit. There's no reason to defend that kind of fiscal behavior. Romney doesn't run debts, even Paul doesn't run debts and he's OUTSPENT Gingrich and Santorum and hasn't even won a state or gotten credibility in the media, and STILL has a couple mil on hand.

At 15 trillion national debt, 100 billion dollar deficits each month, there's no excuse for any more debt of any kind, anywhere.

The reason they can't stay funded is because people aren't enthusiastic enough about them to give them their hard earned money, and big business is already maxing out on Romney. They got most of their votes because the media gave them relevancy. Ron Paul actually NEEDED every dollar he raised to earn his votes. There really wasn't much of a reason for Gingrich to have gone that far into debt.

I don't believe Paul outspent them two. Maybe in one or two small localized areas but prior to our primary I heard 0 advertisements about Paul. The other 3 flooded the airways. And the national media means squat. That's a small percentage of people. Money talks and that's why Paul isn't a frontrunner. That and his foreign policy. Imo anyhow

No, there's no reason to be in debt. If anything, running as a fiscal conservative and calling for strict budgeting, you would think that you would walk your talk and not continue campaigning if you can't keep yourself funded and in the black.

I don't want to hear you running your mouth about debt and deficits and about how you're such a hawk on it, when you can't even budget your own campaign properly.
They run their campaigns the same as people use their credit cards. Borrow now, pay back later. They all do it. This is endemic to just Santorum and/or Gingrich. Regardless as to whether they win or lose their respective election, once the campaign is over they go about the business of cleaning up the debt, and cleaning up debt is ironically what this country needs. I would think that someone that knows how to do it would make a good President.

This is horrible logic and I don't really think you believe that shit. There's no reason to defend that kind of fiscal behavior. Romney doesn't run debts, even Paul doesn't run debts and he's OUTSPENT Gingrich and Santorum and hasn't even won a state or gotten credibility in the media, and STILL has a couple mil on hand.

At 15 trillion national debt, 100 billion dollar deficits each month, there's no excuse for any more debt of any kind, anywhere.

The reason they can't stay funded is because people aren't enthusiastic enough about them to give them their hard earned money, and big business is already maxing out on Romney. They got most of their votes because the media gave them relevancy. Ron Paul actually NEEDED every dollar he raised to earn his votes. There really wasn't much of a reason for Gingrich to have gone that far into debt.
It's just the way it is. Candidates run their campaigns into debt, and then pay it back later. Isn't that exactly what you do with your fucking credit cards? Yes, it is, so don't lecture me on debt. You'd have to lecture every person on this board that has credit card debt to NOT be a hypocrite. But I have to stick with reality and back the best person to kick ODUMBO to the damn CURB!

Last edited:
I don't believe Paul outspent them two. Maybe in one or two small localized areas but prior to our primary I heard 0 advertisements about Paul. The other 3 flooded the airways. And the national media means squat. That's a small percentage of people. Money talks and that's why Paul isn't a frontrunner. That and his foreign policy. Imo anyhow

He did:

campspend.jpg

GOP campaign spending lowest since 1990s — Politics — Bangor Daily News — BDN Maine

It's just the way it is. Candidates run their campaigns into debt, and then pay it back later. Isn't that exactly what you do with your fucking credit cards? Yes, it is.

I know you're a Ron Paul zealot and will turn every conversation you can around into some sort of support for him, but I'm not biting on this one. No candidate at this point is more irrelevant than doctor Paul, even with Santorum dropping out, and it's not that I don't like RP because I do. I'd vote for him. But I have to stick with reality and backing the best person to kick ODUMBO to the damn CURB!
I'm not making this about Paul being relevant, I'm just pointing out that he at least walks his talk. I don't run credit card debt, I'm not an idiot. I have 2 for emergencies if I have no other choice but to use one for a purchase because I don't have cash on hand.

I'm sorry that analogy didn't work for you.

This is the best explanation I've seen, you won't get this detailed an explanation from the cable outlets.

why isn't this guy national? That was an excellent analysis.

People prefer being told things in absolutes. Like Mitt Romney already won and Santorum dropping out just helps galvenize that.
Even if it's a bold faced lie. It's preferred.
We have to give the MSM their due props... They have mastered the perfidious art of making self-fulfilling prophecies.

It's just the way it is. Candidates run their campaigns into debt, and then pay it back later. Isn't that exactly what you do with your fucking credit cards? Yes, it is.

I know you're a Ron Paul zealot and will turn every conversation you can around into some sort of support for him, but I'm not biting on this one. No candidate at this point is more irrelevant than doctor Paul, even with Santorum dropping out, and it's not that I don't like RP because I do. I'd vote for him. But I have to stick with reality and backing the best person to kick ODUMBO to the damn CURB!
I'm not making this about Paul being relevant, I'm just pointing out that he at least walks his talk. I don't run credit card debt, I'm not an idiot. I have 2 for emergencies if I have no other choice but to use one for a purchase because I don't have cash on hand.

I know RP lives as he speaks. I like that about him. But just because YOU don't have credit card debt doesn't mean the vast majority of Americans don't either, they do. That's my point. Many campaigns are run the same as using a credit card... THAT'S ALL! Sorry you don't get that.

I don't think that someone campaigning that way, as the vast majority do, eliminates them from eligibility. I'd vote for dick weed the dog catcher that was sixty million in debt over barry HUSSEIN obama. That's his PERSONAL debt, not the COUNTRY'S. There's a difference. But so long as he goes about the business of paying that back, ISN'T THAT WHAT COUNTS, AND ISN'T THAT WHAT WE NEED FOR AMERICA? SOMEONE THAT WILL START TO PAY DOWN OUR DEBT?

Give me a break Paulie.

Last edited:
None of the candidates have a debt paydown budget submission. Romney actually adds to the debt and deficit spends, so I guess it makes sense to just turn the other way on fiscal responsiiblity and pull the Romney lever in November.

I know RP lives as he speaks. I like that about him. But just because YOU don't have credit card debt doesn't mean the vast majority of Americans don't either, they do. That's my point. Many campaigns are run the same as using a credit card... THAT'S ALL! Sorry you don't get that.

I don't think that someone campaigning that way, as the vast majority do, eliminates them from eligibility. I'd vote for dick weed the dog catcher that was sixty million in debt over barry HUSSEIN obama. That's his PERSONAL debt, not the COUNTRY'S. There's a difference. But so long as he goes about the business of paying that back, ISN'T THAT WHAT COUNTS, AND ISN'T THAT WHAT WE NEED FOR AMERICA? SOMEONE THAT WILL START TO PAY DOWN OUR DEBT?

Give me a break Paulie, you're not making much sense.

There's good debt and there's bad debt. Good debt is a mortgage you can afford that fits your budget, a bad debt is a 2nd car you don't need or a house bigger than you can afford.

Taking that analogy into the campaign situation, Romney was clearly breaking out and running 4 and 5 fold over Gingrich in delegates. Gingrich only won 2 states, and for at least 2 months now has been pretty clearly not going to win the nomination. So it's foolish to keep going further into debt for such an uphill and almost impossible battle.

I could at least understand if he and Romney were neck and neck right now, then at least it would be a debt that might pay dividends.

If you're going to go so deep into debt, at least be responsible about it. I could even say the same for the government in general. Go into debt if you absolutely have to, but just show me an exit strategy that makes sense.

He explained that he really had no idea about what would happen but it might help Paul?

Get back to watching msn and fox news Gramps... where Paul has 3 delegates and Mitt has 71, 000.

I don't think I'll ever forget you voted for Santorum... Talk a bout a stain on someones record.

That doesn't bother me in the least. Santorum is a good man with a good heart. Yeah, he's got some dumb ideas but everyone does. The one thing he has that you don't is character so I see why its hard for you to relate.

Now be gone little troll, your bridge misses you.

He explained that he really had no idea about what would happen but it might help Paul?

Get back to watching msn and fox news Gramps... where Paul has 3 delegates and Mitt has 71, 000.

I don't think I'll ever forget you voted for Santorum... Talk a bout a stain on someones record.

That doesn't bother me in the least. Santorum is a good man with a good heart. Yeah, he's got some dumb ideas but everyone does. The one thing he has that you don't is character so I see why its hard for you to relate.

I'll bet it's Santorum’s gay hating laws he would like to pass on a federal level changing the constitution into a discrimination rag that made you support Santorum the most. Or maybe it was the outlawing on contraception, or war with Cuba... Maybe it was the desire to kill *all* dictators around the world? Maybe it was Santorum’s huge record of voting directly against all the small Government he talks about, like restricting the debt ceiling limit or voting against the DoEducation and so on.

Yes saint Gramps, oh powerful and well read Gramps… I’m the Troll and you’re incredibly up to speed.

Santorum has got character???? LOLOLz… "999!!!" "LIBERAL MEDIA" ... Dang dude, do you sup[port everyone with meaningless sloghans?

where Paul has 3 delegates and Mitt has 71, 000.

:lol:

He must get his count from mtv or something. All the counts I've seen on the MSN are pretty accurate. Course he could just be pissing in the wind cause he's mad like a spoiled child. Suds is just an angry little punk.

I'm not an angry little punk, you're a shit talking Troll. How the fuck did you get that I'm a "spoiled child or "little" Maybe you should think shit through before you open you dumb ass trap.

Yeah man, if we was debating in person I dono wtf I’d do with your heman ass talking down to me.

You know Gramps, for someone that claims to not like liberals as much as you do you sure do support a lot of what they believe in with your votes. Not to mention you debate like one.

I'll bet it's Santorum’s gay hating laws he would like to pass on a federal level changing the constitution into a discrimination rag that made you support Santorum the most. Or maybe it was the outlawing on contraception, or war with Cuba... Maybe it was the desire to kill *all* dictators around the world? Maybe it was Santorum’s huge record of voting directly against all the small Government he talks about, like restricting the debt ceiling limit or voting against the DoEducation and so on.

Yes saint Gramps, oh powerful and well read Gramps… I’m the Troll and you’re incredibly up to speed.

Santorum has got character???? LOLOLz… "999!!!" "LIBERAL MEDIA" ... Dang dude, do you sup[port everyone with meaningless sloghans?

Like I said, you wouldn't understand. Character is a personal trait not a political stance. Not surprising it eludes you.

And yes you're a troll. The definition of a troll is one who posts simply to annoy others. Now go reread your first post in this thread and TADA, YOU'VE LEARNED TWO NEW WORDS AND THEIR MEANINGS TODAY.

now piss off little one

He must get his count from mtv or something. All the counts I've seen on the MSN are pretty accurate. Course he could just be pissing in the wind cause he's mad like a spoiled child. Suds is just an angry little punk.

I'm not an angry little punk, you're a shit talking Troll. How the fuck did you get that I'm a "spoiled child or "little" Maybe you should think shit through before you open you dumb ass trap.

Yeah man, if we was debating in person I dono wtf I’d do with your heman ass talking down to me.

You know Gramps, for someone that claims to not like liberals as much as you do you sure do support a lot of what they believe in with your votes. Not to mention you debate like one.

All piss and vinegar little boy. I'll sit here and fuck you all day long like the bitch you are if you like. Or you could act like a fucking adult and stop stalking me in every thread you see.

All piss and vinegar little boy. I'll sit here and fuck you all day long like the bitch you are if you like. Or you could act like a fucking adult and stop stalking me in every thread you see.

I don't stalk you, I talk to lots of people but you're usually to drunk to notice what is not directly in your face. Anyways, you're a political idiot and most people know that. Enjoy your vote for Santorum. Bye!

I don't stalk you, I talk to lots of people but you're usually to drunk to notice what is not directly in your face. Anyways, you're a political idiot and most people know that. Enjoy your vote for Santorum. Bye!

You're presence in this thread is ALL pointed at me and 90% trolling by definition. Sorry but that is both stalking and trolling all rolled into one.

I haven't been drunk in quite some time. That just an accusation so you can justify your own stupidity.

A political idiot is someone like shaman or warsaw. Not surprised you can't tell the difference.
My vote for Santorum was a mistake. A mistake I admitted. Again this falls under character, the thing you know nothing about.

Bye? Works for me you tool.

I don't know how or who runs campaigns but that is a good point. Although aren't most campaigns usually in the red in the end? I remember Hillary was deep in debt when she folded. Dunno how normal it is but it just confirms my belief that we have to get the money out of elections.

:clap2: ...and so it builds. :D

Forum List

Back