Fox News Affiliate reporter explains delegate situation now that Santorum dropped

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
This is the best explanation I've seen, you won't get this detailed an explanation from the cable outlets.

[youtube]jfPuyYeZ4Cc&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Well I know Gingrich isn't planning on dropping out because I got an email this morning from his campaign talking about Santorum dropping out, and then asked for money.

Last edited:
Gee.

Another Libertarian-wishing-they-were-relevant-but-still need-to-hump-the-leg-of-the=Republican-Party-to-be-even-remotely-gain-attention thread.

This is the best explanation I've seen, you won't get this detailed an explanation from the cable outlets.

why isn't this guy national? That was an excellent analysis.

People prefer being told things in absolutes. Like Mitt Romney already won and Santorum dropping out just helps galvenize that.
Even if it's a bold faced lie. It's preferred.

why isn't this guy national? That was an excellent analysis.

I've been wondering the same thing myself. All cycle long he's been giving detailed analyses of the delegate process and breaking down the unbound situation, reporting whose campaigns have been winning the local conventions, etc, not just giving unfounded projections for each candidate based on the beauty contests like the MSM has.

But that's why he'll never be national, he's too honest.

Well I know Gingrich isn't planning on dropping out because I got an email this morning from his campaign talking about Santorum dropping out, and then asked for money.

Gingrich's campaign is 4.5 million dollars in debt, and the campaign actually just bounced a $500 check to pay for his Utah primary ballot filing fee.

Newt Gingrich Utah Primary Check Bounces - Yahoo! News

The check bounce comes as no surprise as Gingrich confirmed a debt of almost $4.5 million to ABC News on Tuesday.

Not only is that campaign finished, but aren't we looking for candidates who are debt hawks? This is not a very good indication of the man's fiscal abilities.

:lmao:

Now that's a sign of fiscal conservatism right there....Gingrich, out of the race due to debt overload. :lmao:
And he wants to run the country on a conservative platform??? ROFLMAO

Gingrich's campaign is 4.5 million dollars in debt, and the campaign actually just bounced a $500 check to pay for his Utah primary ballot filing fee.

The check bounce comes as no surprise as Gingrich confirmed a debt of almost $4.5 million to ABC News on Tuesday.

Not only is that campaign finished, but aren't we looking for candidates who are debt hawks? This is not a very good indication of the man's fiscal abilities.

I don't know how or who runs campaigns but that is a good point. Although aren't most campaigns usually in the red in the end? I remember Hillary was deep in debt when she folded. Dunno how normal it is but it just confirms my belief that we have to get the money out of elections.

With all due respect to Santorum while he deals with a sick child, his campaign wasn't doing much better financially. He was also in debt.

I don't get it. How do candidates who are winning states, especially Santorum with as many as he's won and all the positive media coverage he's gotten, not have any campaign money?

I don't know how or who runs campaigns but that is a good point. Although aren't most campaigns usually in the red in the end? I remember Hillary was deep in debt when she folded. Dunno how normal it is but it just confirms my belief that we have to get the money out of elections.

No, there's no reason to be in debt. If anything, running as a fiscal conservative and calling for strict budgeting, you would think that you would walk your talk and not continue campaigning if you can't keep yourself funded and in the black.

I don't want to hear you running your mouth about debt and deficits and about how you're such a hawk on it, when you can't even budget your own campaign properly.

With all due respect to Santorum while he deals with a sick child, his campaign wasn't doing much better financially. He was also in debt.

I don't get it. How do candidates who are winning states, especially Santorum with as many as he's won and all the positive media coverage he's gotten, not have any campaign money?

Because they have to compete against Romney if the hope to have any chance at all.

We need to remove the money and level the playing field. Elect and nominate a man/woman based on message and background not their war chest.

No, there's no reason to be in debt. If anything, running as a fiscal conservative and calling for strict budgeting, you would think that you would walk your talk and not continue campaigning if you can't keep yourself funded and in the black.

I don't want to hear you running your mouth about debt and deficits and about how you're such a hawk on it, when you can't even budget your own campaign properly.

Seems logical

Because they have to compete against Romney if the hope to have any chance at all.

We need to remove the money and level the playing field. Elect and nominate a man/woman based on message and background not their war chest.

But it's not that people are voting for them because they have more money, it's because having more money gives them the ability to send their message out.

Gingrich and Santorum didn't need to spend that much money because they had the media telling people that they were front runners, which subconsciously creates a support base. Paul never once had that except for the very brief time he was considered as a front runner for Iowa. He had no other choice BUT to raise as much cash as possible to get a message out, and yet he's well funded STILL, and has never once ran a debt. Not even in 2008 when he was much more obscure.

Say what you want about his foreign policy, or that he's not pragmatic or whatever else his perceived negatives are...as a fiscal conservative you can TRUST, there's no one better.

They run their campaigns the same as people use their credit cards. Borrow now, pay back later. They all do it. This isn't endemic to just Santorum and/or Gingrich. Regardless as to whether they win or lose their respective election, once the campaign is over they go about the business of cleaning up the debt, and cleaning up debt is ironically what this country needs. I would think that someone that knows how to do it would make a good President.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back