Fox Nation Editors scrub Fox Onion article and comments, pretend nothing happened

The Media Can Legally Lie

appealed the case, and on February 14, 2003 the Florida Second District Court of Appeals unanimously overturned the settlement awarded to Akre. The Court held that Akre’s threat to report the station’s actions to the FCC did not deserve protection under Florida’s whistle blower statute, because Florida’s whistle blower law states that an employer must violate an adopted “law, rule, or regulation." In a stunningly narrow interpretation of FCC rules, the Florida Appeals court claimed that the FCC policy against falsification of the news does not rise to the level of a "law, rule, or regulation," it was simply a "policy." Therefore, it is up to the station whether or not it wants to report honestly.

Why the hell dont you know this already

Mr. LL doesn't seem to know about alot of things. I think he's playing the "linky game". Even when you find him the facts..he just dismisses it.

Did the same thing with Iran Contra..

Hey stupid, the fact is the lawsuit was whether or not Akers and Wilson were protected under the "whistle blowers act" or were they wrongfully terminated. Learn how to fucking read!

You were wrong about Iran-Contra too. Reagen violated no laws and that was your claim.

Gosh.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R67CH-qhXJs[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5YOQEZtNE0&feature=related[/ame]

Of course he did..

If lying was a crime, you'd be doing time.

Fact is the case was about whether or not Fox legally terminated and Akers and Wilson.

Go get ONE lie of mine you fucking dickweed.

You saying that Fox sued for the right to lie, was a lie.

As I already stated and what has been proven was the lawsuit was about wrongful termination. Your own link says as much.

"The Court held that Akre’s threat to report the station’s actions to the FCC did not deserve protection under Florida’s whistle blower statute, because Florida’s whistle blower law states that an employer must violate an adopted “law, rule, or regulation." In a stunningly narrow interpretation of FCC rules, the Florida Appeals court claimed that the FCC policy against falsification of the news does not rise to the level of a "law, rule, or regulation," it was simply a "policy." Therefore, it is up to the station whether or not it wants to report honestly."

Learn to read..will ya??

Fact is the case was about whether or not Fox legally terminated and Akers and Wilson.

As I already stated and what has been proven was the lawsuit was about wrongful termination. Your own link says as much.

"The Court held that Akre’s threat to report the station’s actions to the FCC did not deserve protection under Florida’s whistle blower statute, because Florida’s whistle blower law states that an employer must violate an adopted “law, rule, or regulation." In a stunningly narrow interpretation of FCC rules, the Florida Appeals court claimed that the FCC policy against falsification of the news does not rise to the level of a "law, rule, or regulation," it was simply a "policy." Therefore, it is up to the station whether or not it wants to report honestly."

Dear propaganda mush brained asshole,

The whole case was brought because Fox wanted a couple of reporters to LIE about what they found.

They fired them for NOT LYING!

the reporters sued and won their case.

Fox appealed the won case by arguing that there was NO LAWS againt them lying.

You would defend anything to retain your false and failed beliefs.

Mr. LL doesn't seem to know about alot of things. I think he's playing the "linky game". Even when you find him the facts..he just dismisses it.

Did the same thing with Iran Contra..

Hey stupid, the fact is the lawsuit was whether or not Akers and Wilson were protected under the "whistle blowers act" or were they wrongfully terminated. Learn how to fucking read!

You were wrong about Iran-Contra too. Reagen violated no laws and that was your claim.

Gosh.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R67CH-qhXJs[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5YOQEZtNE0&feature=related[/ame]

Of course he did..

Yet you can't prove it.

The whole case was brought because Fox wanted a couple of reporters to LIE about what they found.

Damn you are dense!

The lawsuit filed by Akers and Wilson was a wrongful termination lawsuit, period. So your claim that Fox sued for the right to lie, is nothing but a lie.

And thanks for proving me right.

so do you accpet the court documents of fox suing to lie or not?

You can show any court document you wish, the fact is the lawsuit was an action filed by Akers and Wilson for wrongful termination. Whatever legal argument the defense made was nothing more that good lawyering based on the facts.

The Media Can Legally Lie

appealed the case, and on February 14, 2003 the Florida Second District Court of Appeals unanimously overturned the settlement awarded to Akre. The Court held that Akre’s threat to report the station’s actions to the FCC did not deserve protection under Florida’s whistle blower statute, because Florida’s whistle blower law states that an employer must violate an adopted “law, rule, or regulation." In a stunningly narrow interpretation of FCC rules, the Florida Appeals court claimed that the FCC policy against falsification of the news does not rise to the level of a "law, rule, or regulation," it was simply a "policy." Therefore, it is up to the station whether or not it wants to report honestly.

Why the hell dont you know this already

Where exactly does it state that Fox sued for the right to lie? This lawsuit was about whether or not there was a wrongful termination.

No, it's about whether they can lie. Fox's defense was that, since they have a legal right to lie, the individuals in question were not subject to whistleblower protection.

nobody at all said:
Don't try to confuse me with facts, I've been told what to believe and that is that! :evil:

Go on with your bad self dude. :lol:

It's as Arthur Koestler described: you're challenging his faith. He can't be honest- with himself. He can't bring himself to face reality

The [dogmatic] novice, subjecting his soul to the canon law of [the leaders], [feels] something of the release which Catholicism also brings... Once the renunciation has been made, the mind, instead of operating freely, becomes the servant of a higher and unquestioned purpose. To deny the truth is an act of service. This, of course, is why it is useless to discuss any particular aspect of [the matter] with [these people]. Any genuine intellectual contact which you have with him involves a challenge to his fundamental faith, a struggle for his soul. For it is very much easier to lay the oblation of spiritual pride on the alter of [political vision] than to snatch it back again

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/God-That-Failed-Arthur-Koestler/dp/0231123957"]Amazon.com: The God That Failed (9780231123952): Arthur Koestler, Ignazio Silone, Richard Wright, André Gide, Louis Fischer, Stephen Spender, Richard Howard Stafford Crossman, David Engerman: Books[/ame]

Last edited:

Oh dear gawd. Follow this carefully, Lonestar.

A FOX affiliate in Florida had a couple of reporters they fired because they refused to follow orders, in this case lie about the facts in a story.

The reporters claimed wrongful termination under the whistle blowers statute and won at trial. So far, so good.

Then FOX appealed, the centerpiece of their appeal being that the reporters could not have been whistle blowers. Why? Because to be a whistle blower they had to have been asked to participate in illegal activity. And FOX claimed there is no law against lying to their viewers.

FOX won. The Court ruled there is no requirement for news organizations to tell the truth, therefore no law was broken when the affiliate told its reporters to lie.

So yes, they asked the Court to find they have the right to lie to their viewers in order to get out of reinstating their fired reporters. That ruling is now part of the established precedent. Thank you, FOX.

Learn to read..will ya??

Damn you people are retarded.

Fox didn't sue anyone, Fox was sued for wrongful termination.

Good catch. Fox faux news is hard to watch unless you are part of their choir.

Turn Off Fox - Get Fox News Turned Off Everywhere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rqdtZlec0s

"Despite the spin by the mainstream media that this was a war the White House instigated, the facts show that Fox has consistently viewed itself as the voice of the opposition to the current administration. Back in March, Fox News Vice-President of Programming Bill Shine described his network as “the voice of opposition [to Obama] on some issues.” Conspiracy-theorist Glenn Beck, who called the president “a racist,” claims Fox News President Roger Ailes wooed him over to the conservative network from CNN headline News in part by stressing the network’s opposition to Obama, saying, “I see this as the Alamo.” "

Is Fox News a legitimate news organization? Media Monitor

Fox is a foreign owned news network. They don't care about America. The Republican Party is going to believe this stuff whether Fox airs it or not. Many right wingers still believe Obama took an Asian trip that cost 200 million dollars a day. They're so gullible, they believe anything as long as it's anti American.

Is this really all that surprising? I've seen the geniuses here post articles from the Onion as if they were real and others chime in agreeing. It's really just a litmus test for intelligence and reading comprehension abilities.

Actually I had to go look up where I last saw such a memorable thread. Here is the Rabbi posting an Onion article as if it was real news. Then gets Frank and Lib to agree with him. Simply amazing!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/135863-administration-leans-on-wendys-no-more-burgers.html

Last edited:
Is this really all that surprising? I've seen the geniuses here post articles from the Onion as if they were real and others chime in agreeing. It's really just a litmus test for intelligence and reading comprehension abilities.

Actually I had to go look up where I last saw such a memorable thread. Here is the Rabbi posting an Onion article as if it was real news. Then gets Frank and Lib to agree with him. Simply amazing!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/135863-administration-leans-on-wendys-no-more-burgers.html
Taz ruined that thread

Forum List

Back