Fox Nabs Historic Ratings Victory!!!

"Victory" here means they get to charge more for ad time.
I'm not sure why that matters to anyone here...
Crystal clear the lefty slop MSNBCs flingin' nightly has virtually zero appeal beyond the low-information-idiots wing of the dim party.

In a complete ass kicking in average primetime viewers, Fox creams the libby network by 1,240,000 folks. And pouring salt on their wounds, it's nice to see in the money category of the 25-54 age demo it was record quarterly lows for big hitters Hayes-Maddow-O'Donnell, likely because 21% of their former viewers developed chronic dry heaves and figured out why.

At Fox though their average 25-54 viewing audience grew by 12% to more than double MSNBCs, 313,000 vs. 150,000.

Note to the suits: Time to move race hustler Al Sharpton and that black woman on earlier in the day up to Prime Time nightly. Heck, how much worse could it get?

Again, television has nothing to do with "information", low or high.
Post 7 sums up what's being "sold".

You are a fucking idiot.

Of course television has something to do with information, it's not just entertainment.

True, it's not just entertainment; television is first and foremost a propaganda device for selling advertising. That's all it ever has been. Whatever "entertainment" is in it is entertainment in the same sense that the detritus McDonald's sells is "food".

But I already said that.

We'll just wait for you to catch up.

Propaganda? Ads are now propaganda?

Do you even know what "propaganda" means?

Of course McDonald's sells food, they damn sure aren't selling cars, furniture or toiletries.

and the quality of faux news is about on par with a macdonalds burger

---which is basically like eating cardboard.

Astounding what you have to spell out for the congenitally dense.

Crystal clear the lefty slop MSNBCs flingin' nightly has virtually zero appeal beyond the low-information-idiots wing of the dim party.

In a complete ass kicking in average primetime viewers, Fox creams the libby network by 1,240,000 folks. And pouring salt on their wounds, it's nice to see in the money category of the 25-54 age demo it was record quarterly lows for big hitters Hayes-Maddow-O'Donnell, likely because 21% of their former viewers developed chronic dry heaves and figured out why.

At Fox though their average 25-54 viewing audience grew by 12% to more than double MSNBCs, 313,000 vs. 150,000.

Note to the suits: Time to move race hustler Al Sharpton and that black woman on earlier in the day up to Prime Time nightly. Heck, how much worse could it get?

You are a fucking idiot.

Of course television has something to do with information, it's not just entertainment.

True, it's not just entertainment; television is first and foremost a propaganda device for selling advertising. That's all it ever has been. Whatever "entertainment" is in it is entertainment in the same sense that the detritus McDonald's sells is "food".

But I already said that.

Of course McDonald's sells food, they damn sure aren't selling cars, furniture or toiletries.

That's why they are both leading in their respective industry.

You are a fucking idiot.

But I already said that.

I think you might be just beginning to get it. :disbelief:

Now all you gotta do is define "leading".
Which is where I came in.

Again, we'll just wait for you to catch up.
Idiot.

You are a fucking idiot.

But I already said that.

Advertising has by definition always been propaganda. Hucksters enticing us to buy crap we don't need.

As for that food reference, maybe this is all beyond your comprehension...

LJZfc.gif

No dumbass, propaganda is information given in a misleading nature.

Your concession is duly noted.

You are a fucking idiot.

But I already said that.

Advertising has by definition always been propaganda. Hucksters enticing us to buy crap we don't need.

LJZfc.gif

And advertising is never misleading huh?

Idjit.

You are a fucking idiot.

But I already said that.

Idiot.

I'm sorry but I'm not here to define words for you. They have such a thing called a dictionary. Try using one.

But I already said that.

Idiot.

I'm sorry but I'm not here to define words for you. They have such a thing called a dictionary. Try using one.

I defined this context in my first post here -- three weeks ago. Still waiting for you to catch up.
Kinda slow arenchya?

W0W......on Drudge right now near the top of the page......MSNBC ratings in the shitter >>>

EpiC sPirAL >>> http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/13/b...rd-msnbc-loses-ground-to-rival-cnn-.html?_r=0

Nobody watches that network anymore except the committed nutters.:2up:

I love coming into this forum for a cup of coffee every so often........all the k00ks can respond with is some lame post about FOX which is dominating!!!:9:
That's because they announced some time ago they were switching from a news...:rofl: show to an opinion show. ( And nobody is listening to their opinions )

You are a fucking idiot.

But I already said that.

LJZfc.gif

And advertising is never misleading huh?

Idjit.

Misleading? No. However there have been exceptions and those were quickly identified and dealt with.

Idiot.

I defined this context in my first post here -- three weeks ago. Still waiting for you to catch up.
Kinda slow arenchya?

Unlike You I have a life outside this forum.

And since you already defined the word. Why are you asking me to define it now?

W0W......on Drudge right now near the top of the page......MSNBC ratings in the shitter >>>

EpiC sPirAL >>> http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/13/b...rd-msnbc-loses-ground-to-rival-cnn-.html?_r=0

Nobody watches that network anymore except the committed nutters.:2up:

I love coming into this forum for a cup of coffee every so often........all the k00ks can respond with is some lame post about FOX which is dominating!!!:9:
That's because they announced some time ago they were switching from a news...:rofl: show to an opinion show. ( And nobody is listening to their opinions )

News, by definition, doesn't "sell" (meaning ratings). If it's real (objective) news, it can't sell, because it's cold, dry, undressed factual information. Presenting that doesn't incite any particular emotion; it just informs, that's it. Emotion is what sells.

That's why FNC took the course of playing down the idea of reporters reporting news and played up the idea of talking heads in a studio talking about the news. Because when you talk about the news (as opposed to simply reporting it), you get to inject opinion (and therefore, emotion, which $ells).

Make no mistake, when Rupert Murdoch took that avenue he was spearheading a new approach -- CNN at the time was spending all the cash it takes, which is considerable, to fly reporters all over the world and keep news bureaus open. Fox's innovation was to make it into a soap opera. A daily dose of emo-drama presented by table-pounding drama queens. Constant blather not about policies (philosophy) but about politicians (people). Always making it personal, cultivating a personal relationship with the viewer, and in the process offering a hate target -- which is, again, emotion, which $ells.

What all this is designed for is attention and viewer loyalty, which is another way of describing "ratings". That's the whole point -- how well any particular source presents the Fear. And the answer to that question is found in the ratings.

To their discredit, CNN and when it came along MSNBC, followed the same ethically downward path. That path is why our news sources in general are so unreliable and need to be ingested with heavy doses of cynicism. Real News by definition cannot "sell". If it's selling, it's got some element beyond the scope of News that's making it happen. Real news -- impartial information -- cannot coexist with commercial interest. They work against each other.

Last edited:
Fox News Nabs Historic Cable Ratings Victory - Hollywood Reporter

Geez.......this is gonna make the heads of the lefties explode!!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

This part was really the cherry on top for me.

The wondrous anomaly of Shark Tank encores also continues. With the ABC reality competition in heavy off-net rotation on CBNBC, those repeats are outperforming much of cable news and ranking No. 14 in primetime where adults 25-54 are concerned — besting every telecast on MSNBC.

In other words, more people would rather watch RE-RUNS of some rich capitalists deciding whose invention or business venture to invest in.

Over ANY MSNBC show!

And to add insult to injury, "Shark Tank" is a rip off the Canadian show "Dragon's Den" featuring two of that show's regulars.

I'm proud to say I knew that!

LOL

:D

I freely admit that I prefer Fox News to any others - only CBS on Sunday morning with their great show. I honestly tried watching CNN in the morning but have gotten fed up with their incessant coverage of the latest "news" until it becomes cloying.

However, I also find the news on Univision refreshing as it does not have such a biased slant - and reports news others channels don't,

However, have to admit that my favorite channel is MeTV!!! ;)

Pogo, you are one dumb son of a bitch. However, congrats are due as you're one of the few who can defeat one's self in self debate.

Pog's wisdom, post #13: Television does not communicate "information". It communicates visceral emotions.

Wisdom Part 2, post #19: Again, TV has nothing to do with information, low or high.

Here's where you dealt yourself your knock out blow...

Post #73: If it's real (objective) news, it can't sell, because it's cold, dry, undressed factual information. Presenting that doesn't incite any particular emotion; it just informs, that's it.

Pogo, you are one dumb son of a bitch. However, congrats are due as you're one of the few who can defeat one's self in self debate.

Pog's wisdom, post #13: Television does not communicate "information". It communicates visceral emotions.

Wisdom Part 2, post #19: Again, TV has nothing to do with information, low or high.

Here's where you dealt yourself your knock out blow...

Post #73: If it's real (objective) news, it can't sell, because it's cold, dry, undressed factual information. Presenting that doesn't incite any particular emotion; it just informs, that's it.

What's your point here?

Did you forget you're supposed to bring a point?

Is all that analysis completely over your head?
Poor baby.

..... So you can't figure out your own point? You want someone else to make one up for you?

What do you think this is, a tax return?

Forum List

Back