Fox interview ends after author criticizes network for hyping Benghazi/dead Americans

Yes, I do. Posting someone else opinion is not posting fact.

Abruptly ending interviews because of a little criticism is very unproffesional of a major news network. Very bad form for Fox News.

Yes, I do. Posting someone else opinion is not posting fact.

Abruptly ending interviews because of a little criticism is very unproffesional of a major news network. Very bad form for Fox News.
Happens at the other networks as well. As I said, opining in a news article that the interview was abruptly ended because of criticism is just that. An Opinion.

It's (Fox operating as a wing of the Republican Party) something that any rational American would think after just a few minutes watching any Faux News Broadcast.

I thought it was a great response by Ricks:

Ricks said he thought the story of the Benghazi attacks was "hyped, by this network especially."

Scott asked why Ricks would call it hype when four Americans were killed, including the first U.S. ambassador in more than 30 years.

Ricks responded that few people knew how many U.S. security contractors were killed in Iraq and compared that to the attention paid to "what was essentially a small firefight" in Libya.

"I think that the emphasis on Benghazi has been extremely political, partly because Fox was operating as a wing of the Republican Party," Ricks said.

With that, Scott thanked him and turned to a co-anchor, who introduced a commercial.

The community organizer is on a learning curve, you cant blame him.............

Who could have known US diplomats were facing imminent danger in an unsecure terrorist state like Libya, even after repeated requests for assistance..........

Besides, whats four deaths in the scheme of things ???

No investigation is needed as long as we have diversity and change at the state dept..........Lol

Freedom of the press, for all intents and purposes, guarantees that most media outlets will be biased. Objectivity becomes more and more rare.

In America there is scarcely a hamlet that has not its newspaper. It may readily be imagined that neither discipline nor unity of action can be established among so many combatants, and each one consequently fights under his own standard. All the political journals of the United States are, indeed, arrayed on the side of the administration or against it; but they attack and defend it in a thousand different ways. They cannot form those great currents of opinion which sweep away the strongest dikes. This division of the influence of the press produces other consequences scarcely less remarkable. The facility with which newspapers can be established produces a multitude of them; but as the competition prevents any considerable profit, persons of much capacity are rarely led to engage in these undertakings. Such is the number of the public prints that even if they were a source of wealth, writers of ability could not be found to direct them all. The journalists of the United States are generally in a very humble position, with a scanty education and a vulgar turn of mind. The will of the majority is the most general of laws, and it establishes certain habits to which everyone must then conform; the aggregate of these common habits is what is called the class spirit (esprit de corps) of each profession; thus there is the class spirit of the bar, of the court, etc. The class spirit of the French journalists consists in a violent but frequently an eloquent and lofty manner of discussing the great interests of the state, and the exceptions to this mode of writing are only occasional. The characteristics of the American journalist consist in an open and coarse appeal to the passions of his readers; he abandons principles to assail the characters of individuals, to track them into private life and disclose all their weaknesses and vices.

Tocqueville: Book 1 Chapter 11

American journalists are low class gutter dwellers because gutter trash is what Americans wish to consume.

Nothing can be more deplorable than this abuse of the powers of thought.

Amen.

And when you read or hear about Benghazi, or any other issue for that matter, think of this:

The personal opinions of the editors have no weight in the eyes of the public. What they seek in a newspaper is a knowledge of facts, and it is only by altering or distorting those facts that a journalist can contribute to the support of his own views.

Last edited:
Are you familiar with pettifogging, it's an attempt to change a discussion by introducing unrelated issues. Also known a deflection, the number of contractors killed in Iraq had nothing to do with the question Ricks was asked. I would have cut his ass off also.

Are you familiar with pettifogging, it's an attempt to change a discussion by introducing unrelated issues. Also known a deflection, the number of contractors killed in Iraq had nothing to do with the question Ricks was asked. I would have cut his ass off also.

It has everything to do with it. There have been many attacks on our overseas diplomatic missions in the past ten years, most of which happened on Bush's watch. But it was not until the negro was up for re-election when you were programmed by your masters to get upset about this particular one.

A whole lot of bullshit was manufactured in the process, which is a dead giveaway the aim is not the seeking of truth, but one of partisan hackery.

If only this much screaming for "facts" were done in each and every case of an attack on our overeseas missions, then you might have a plausible case for this faux concern over Benghazi.

It has everything to do with it. There have been many attacks on our overseas diplomatic missions in the past ten years, most of which happened on Bush's watch. But it was not until the negro was up for re-election when you were programmed by your masters to get upset about this particular one.

A whole lot of bullshit was manufactured in the process, which is a dead giveaway the aim is not the seeking of truth, but one of partisan hackery.

If only this much screaming for "facts" were done in each and every case of an attack on our overeseas missions, then you might have a plausible case for this faux concern over Benghazi.

Fuck you and your imiginary programing, the ass hole did't bring up attacks on other diplomatic facilityes, he brought up dead civilian contractors, you don't see a difference? While your at it tell me how many of the attacks on Bushs watch were on facilities that were refused additional security that was requested multiple times? Come on, you can do it.

Fuck you and your imiginary programing, the ass hole did't bring up attacks on other diplomatic facilityes, he brought up dead civilian contractors, you don't see a difference? While your at it tell me how many of the attacks on Bushs watch were on facilities that were refused additional security that was requested multiple times? Come on, you can do it.

AMEN BROTHER! Dont know why these dumbasses cant fathom that this attack is DIFFERENT. They were disregarded and thrown in the goddamn trash. Probably didn't want to piss off his muslim brethren fuckin POS

Forum List

Back