Fox & Friends crops Jon Stewart quote making him appear to refute global warming

Jon Stewart is a Warmer who was poking fun at other Warmers, but ended by saying he's still a True Believer and Fox didn't show the part where Stewart reaaures the other Warmers he's still on their side, at least for now....is that about right?

FoxNews offer misleading video?

Never! That would not be "fair and balanced" of them

FoxNews offer misleading video?

Never! That would not be "fair and balanced" of them

Dear Diary,

I’m so happy that Global Warming is now settled science, and accepted by the

majority of folks, so we can stop all that bickering.

But, you know, I am a little uneasy with the new Quartering Act of 2010, which says

that “It is required that a landowner host a polar bear on his land until such time as the planet re-cools…”

Hey, who’s paying for all those fish?

Last edited:
Polk, they were talking about the fact Jon Stewart made a joke at Al Gore's expense, and then they played the clip...of John Stewart making a joke at Al Gore's expense.

Where's the problem?

If you've seen the segment in question in full, Stewart wasn't denying global warming. He was making a joke about it. To watch that segment though, you'd believe that he was saying global warming isn't occurring.

The segment was about Al Gore and they played a segment referring to Al Gore.

Had they said "Jon Stewart claims global warming is a hoax" and played a truncated clip, you'd have a point.

But they didn't, this is just another example of the Fox News hater attempting to conjure a tempest in a teapot.

Unfortunately, the facts provide neither.

The segment wasn't about Al Gore. It was about global warming. Look at the caption on the screen. "Climate-Gate: "Hide the Decline": Climate Evidence Covered Up By Researchers".

Stewart did take a shot at Al Gore. Saw an exerpt of him on O'Relly last night. Stewart took a good shot at Gore. Had to laugh.

Polk, they were talking about the fact Jon Stewart made a joke at Al Gore's expense, and then they played the clip...of John Stewart making a joke at Al Gore's expense.

Where's the problem?

If you've seen the segment in question in full, Stewart wasn't denying global warming. He was making a joke about it. To watch that segment though, you'd believe that he was saying global warming isn't occurring.

Are you serious?

Another program I don't watch often is The Daily Show but anyone who has watched more than 45 seconds of The Daily Show knows that Jon Stewart's commentary cannot be taken seriously. Had the clip been of say a Congressman or a prominent scientists or a serious commentator (talking head) then I could see your point, but this is Jon Stewart we are talking about!

Jon Stewart telling a joke does not mean Jon Stewart is telling the world he believes the Global Warming Theory has been debunked.

Immie

I agree with the underlined portion, but if you had only see the Fox clip, that's exactly the impression you'd be left with.

Are you serious?

Another program I don't watch often is The Daily Show but anyone who has watched more than 45 seconds of The Daily Show knows that Jon Stewart's commentary cannot be taken seriously. Had the clip been of say a Congressman or a prominent scientists or a serious commentator (talking head) then I could see your point, but this is Jon Stewart we are talking about!

Jon Stewart telling a joke does not mean Jon Stewart is telling the world he believes the Global Warming Theory has been debunked.

Immie

I agree with the underlined portion, but if you had only see the Fox clip, that's exactly the impression you'd be left with.

But wouldn't anyone watching Fox News or even the clip in the article see all of the segment from Fox News including the Daily Show part of it? I didn't know Jon Stewart by name, (my apologies Jon if you are reading this) so when I first saw the thread I wondered what this was all about. The moment I saw who Jon Stewart was, it was evident that this claim was ridiculous.

I didn't see The Daily Show episode and I was not left with the impression that Jon Stewart believed the theory had been debunked.

I've seen more than 45 seconds of The Daily Show before. That imbedded clip wouldn't have swayed anyone's point of view.

Immie

Are you serious?

Immie

But wouldn't anyone watching Fox News or even the clip in the article see all of the segment from Fox News including the Daily Show part of it? I didn't know Jon Stewart by name, (my apologies Jon if you are reading this) so when I first saw the thread I wondered what this was all about. The moment I saw who Jon Stewart was, it was evident that this claim was ridiculous.

I didn't see The Daily Show episode and I was not left with the impression that Jon Stewart believed the theory had been debunked.

I've seen more than 45 seconds of The Daily Show before. That imbedded clip wouldn't have swayed anyone's point of view.

Immie

The fact that it wouldn't have swayed anyone's point of view doesn't change that the clip was edited in such a way as to make a dishonest impression.

Immie

The fact that it wouldn't have swayed anyone's point of view doesn't change that the clip was edited in such a way as to make a dishonest impression.

you should boycott fox if it's causing you this much angst with a 45 seond clip off a comedy show.

clearly, you're a little on the fragile side, and you should take the steps necessary to protect yourself.

like a helmet.

Immie

That is true as well and I'm certain all news/"news" organizations do it, not that this makes it right. But if Fox News was trying to sway someone's opinion... I do not think they would use Jon Stewart as their commentator.

Immie

you should boycott fox if it's causing you this much angst with a 45 seond clip off a comedy show.

clearly, you're a little on the fragile side, and you should take the steps necessary to protect yourself.

like a helmet.

Ask the President how successful that move might be. :)

Immie

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Had they said "Jon Stewart claims global warming is a hoax" and played a truncated clip, you'd have a point.

But they didn't, this is just another example of the Fox News hater attempting to conjure a tempest in a teapot.

The segment wasn't about Al Gore. It was about global warming. Look at the caption on the screen. "Climate-Gate: "Hide the Decline": Climate Evidence Covered Up By Researchers".

Did you read the OP?
While discussing the purported "Climategate" emails stolen from the Climatic Research Unit (CRU) at the University of East Anglia, Steve Doocy claimed that Jon Stewart "really took a shot at Al Gore," then aired a clip of Stewart stating, "Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented."

DOOCY: It is pretty extraordinary that Jon Stewart would be taking a shot at Al Gore, who's been on his program a couple of times.

The entire exchange is about Al Gore, not global warming.

Another example of Media Matters attempting to mislead the public.

Sorry to see that some fell for it.

Last edited:

Did you read the OP?
While discussing the purported "Climategate" emails stolen from the Climatic Research Unit (CRU) at the University of East Anglia, Steve Doocy claimed that Jon Stewart "really took a shot at Al Gore," then aired a clip of Stewart stating, "Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented."

DOOCY: It is pretty extraordinary that Jon Stewart would be taking a shot at Al Gore, who's been on his program a couple of times.

The entire exchange is about Al Gore, not global warming.

Another example of Media Matters attempting to mislead the public.

Sorry to see that some fell for it.

Media Matters writes the on-air captions for Fox? That's new to me.

Forum List

Back