Fox Doctors Obama's "Silver Spoon" Remarks

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2011
Home of the 2013 BCS National Champion
When President Obama spoke at Lorain County Community College in Elyria, Ohio, on Wednesday, he said, "I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth." But when Fox News host Steve Doocy repeated it on Fox & Friends to Mitt Romney, it was a false version: "Unlike some people, I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth." Updated with correction.

The first three words, "unlike some people," are a complete fabrication. President Obama never said them or anything like them. The difference is very significant, as it is much easier to interpret the fabricated quote as a deliberate mockery of Romney.

What happened next? The Washington Post reported the story without noting Doocy's fabrication and put his words directly into the mouth of President Obama:

Even worse, the New York Post - a sister media outlet to Fox News - devoted one of its two Friday editorials to slamming Obama for taunting Romney -- based on the false quote:

Doocy Doctors Obama's "Silver Spoon" Remarks - And NY Times, Washington Post Repeat Him - NewsHounds

Forum List

Back