Fox: Deliberate Misinformation

☭proletarian☭;1972325 said:
That Fox lies is a fact. It was established in a court of law. Fox fought for the right to lie.

and a jury of 12 people apparently agreed.....

Were you born stupid or is it something you strive for? Fact is dumbass the trial had nothing to do with whether or not "lies" had or had not been told or demanded. Even after I posted the facts of the case you ignorant fucks still don't get it.

i was born stupid?.....was this not a jury trial?.....did not the jury agree with Fox....

and a jury of 12 people apparently agreed.....

Were you born stupid or is it something you strive for? Fact is dumbass the trial had nothing to do with whether or not "lies" had or had not been told or demanded. Even after I posted the facts of the case you ignorant fucks still don't get it.

i was born stupid?.....was this not a jury trial?.....did not the jury agree with Fox....

There were two trials, the first one found in favor of one of the reporters, the second trial overturned that decision.

☭proletarian☭;1974484 said:

Hey stupid for one thing even if Fox did want them to lie, lying is not illegal! But that wasn't the purpose of the lawsuit. The lawsuit was filed because the two reporters felt that they were wrongfully terminated.

That was Fox's whole case- that they are allowed to lie all they want, therefore the people fired didn't get whistleblower protection.

You just argued my case for me.

There were two trials, the first one found in favor of one of the reporters, the second trial overturned that decision.

The second hearing ruled with fox, saying that Fox has a right to lie all it wants.

☭proletarian☭;1974813 said:
☭proletarian☭;1974484 said:

Hey stupid for one thing even if Fox did want them to lie, lying is not illegal! But that wasn't the purpose of the lawsuit. The lawsuit was filed because the two reporters felt that they were wrongfully terminated.

That was Fox's whole case- that they are allowed to lie all they want, therefore the people fired didn't get whistleblower protection.

No the difference is you and others painted the trial as being about Fox's right to lie or some such nonsense and the fact is the trial was about whether they terminated the two reporters with just cause. Fact is reporters embellish the truth and that is not illegal.

☭proletarian☭;1974815 said:

The second hearing ruled with fox, saying that Fox has a right to lie all it wants.

Provide the evidence then.

On August 18, 2000, journalist Jane Akre won $425,000 in a court ruling where she claimed she was wrongfully terminated for threatening to blow the whistle to the FCC.

She found out cows in Florida were being injected with RBGH, a drug designed to make cows produce milk – and, according to FDA-redacted studies, unintentionally designed to make human beings produce cancer.

Fox lawyers, under pressure by the Monsanto Corporation (who produced RBGH), rewrote her report over 80 times to make it compatible with the company’s requests. She and her husband, journalist Steve Wilson, refused to air the edited segment. And both were promptly terminated.

In February 2003, ( the second trial) Fox appealed the decision and an appellate court and had it overturned. In a six-page written decision released February 14, the court essentially ruled the journalist never stated a valid whistle- blower claim because, they ruled, it is technically not against any law, rule, or regulation to deliberately lie or distort the news on a television broadcast.

The lawsuit was never about the content of any program or whether information was distorted or not, it was about whether or not the reporters were fairly terminated. But you idiots can't seem to understand that.

What you idiots don't seem to get is that any news organization can lie. It is not illegal. And the only thing you got is this ten year old lawsuit that's not even about distorting the truth.

No the difference is you and others painted the trial as being about Fox's right to lie or some such nonsense and the fact is the trial was about whether they terminated the two reporters with just cause. Fact is reporters embellish the truth and that is not illegal.

It wasn't over just cause, you twit. It was over whether they were allowed to lie, because that determined whether whistle blower protection was applicable.

We agree with WTVT that
the FCC’s policy against the intentional falsification of the news – which the FCC has
called its “news distortion policy” – does not qualify as the required “law, rule, or
regulation” under section 448.102.

Because the FCC’s news distortion policy is not a “law, rule, or regulation”
under section 448.102, Akre has failed to state a claim under the whistle-blower's
statute. Accordingly, we reverse the judgment in her favor and remand for entry of a
judgment in favor of WTVT.
http://www.2dca.org/opinions/Opinion_Pages/Opinion_Page_2003/February/February 14, 2003/2D01-529.pdf

☭proletarian☭;1975238 said:

It wasn't over just cause, you twit. It was over whether they were allowed to lie, because that determined whether whistle blower protection was applicable.

If you choose to stay ignorant I can't help you. I have given you the details of the trial, the lawsuit that was filed was for wrongful termination, it had nothing to do with anyone being allowed to lie. For one thing lying is not illegal unless you perjure yourself in a court of law or lie to a federal agent!!! Damn the stupidity you people exhibit is amazing.

☭proletarian☭;1975248 said:
We agree with WTVT that
the FCC’s policy against the intentional falsification of the news – which the FCC has
called its “news distortion policy” – does not qualify as the required “law, rule, or
regulation” under section 448.102.

Because the FCC’s news distortion policy is not a “law, rule, or regulation”
under section 448.102, Akre has failed to state a claim under the whistle-blower's
statute. Accordingly, we reverse the judgment in her favor and remand for entry of a
judgment in favor of WTVT.
http://www.2dca.org/opinions/Opinion_Pages/Opinion_Page_2003/February/February 14, 2003/2D01-529.pdf

Read the first paragraph you idiot!!!! By the way this is the appellate court (the second trial) that reversed the the ruling against Fox.

By the way this is the appellate court (the second trial) that reversed the the ruling against Fox.
On the grounds that Fox is allowed to lie, therefore it's not a crime, therefore whistle blower status wasn't applicable.

Fox's entire defense was that they are allowed to lie all they want.

☭proletarian☭;1970772 said:
Who the hell is Stephanie Miller?

Stephanie Katherine Miller (born September 29, 1961) is an American comedienne and host of The Stephanie Miller Show, a liberal talk radio program produced in Los Angeles and syndicated nationally by Dial Global. Talkers magazine ranked her as the 36th most important radio talk show host in America for 2007.[1] She is the daughter of former U.S. Representative William E. Miller, who was Barry Goldwater's running mate in the 1964 presidential election and a Chairman of the Republican National Committee.

Stephanie Miller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2kNFbxPYOk&feature=related]YouTube - Ron Paul: Stephanie Miller Show (12/6/07)[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74g_YJ4a4-o&feature=related]YouTube - Stephanie Miller: Best of 2008[/ame]

Forum List

Back