Fox Decides They Will No Longer Air the National Anthem

Probably so along with a dozen years in football playing..But it doesn't stop this veteran from saying what I feel..It's a bitch when most of your young adult life you are praised for hurting people and one day it all ends and you become the bad man..
Our stream of consciousness flows from one Dream World to the next.

Just dont ever go back to the Nightmare Worlds.

I did not see combat, but I still saw some very fucked up shit, like most service members do.

You have to amputate that part of your past.

Probably so along with a dozen years in football playing..But it doesn't stop this veteran from saying what I feel..It's a bitch when most of your young adult life you are praised for hurting people and one day it all ends and you become the bad man..
Our stream of consciousness flows from one Dream World to the next.

Just dont ever go back to the Nightmare Worlds.

I did not see combat, but I still saw some very fucked up shit, like most service members do.

You have to amputate that part of your past.
It would be easy to do while you being demonized for just being a veteran looking for a job in the pre Dessert Storm world..If the business world didn't scrutinize every action in your life to determine whether you are employable it would be easier....But that is not the case and since they feel the need to put a chain around my neck to try and make me a slave to their social engineering I can't let it go...

I think it's wrong to avoid the telecast of the anthem. I want to know what the ignorant assholes are doing during the anthem and I want to see disgust that the fans share which in turn leads to fewer viewers and advertisers. Until the owners and Goodell finally decide it's not a good idea to diss our country, anthem, flag and servicemen, let them experience the fans' ourage

If fox could have convinced sane people instead of just the crazies that the protest was about dissing our country, anthem, flag and servicemen, other than what it is really about, they would continue showing it.

His words are pretty clear. He doesn't want to show pride in our country.

meme%20-%20kaep2.png

Just have to add.

HE IS A FUCKING ASSHOLE.

Your attention span too short to read the entire statement? I expected as much.

Oh, I read the entire statement including his bullshit justification for his shitty actions.

They were crap, just like he is.

His words were clear. You might not agree with his justification, but your lie about why he is doing it is shown to be a lie.

according to newsday. The culture war will get bloodier

-Geaux
--------

The first major broadcast domino has fallen. In response tocrashing ratings, plummeting ticket sales, and a public backlashfueled by none other than the leader of the free world, Fox Sports has decided to cry Uncle! Becoming the first major NFL broadcast partner to publicly say that they will no longer air the national anthem.
Instead, Fox Sports is now saying that they will go back to what they had done in the past, namely, not showing the playing of the anthem during game broadcasts, according to Newsday.

Calling this year, “one of the more bizarre starts to the season that we have ever had,” Fox Sports President Eric Shanks released a statement saying: “The standard procedure is not to show them because of the way the commercial format works and the timing of the anthem to get to the kickoff,” Shanks said Tuesday at an event to promote Fox’s soccer coverage of the 2018 World Cup. “So I think we’re going to pay attention to events.

“Who knows what’s going to happen? A lot of time is happening between now and then. But I think the plan would be to get back to a normal schedule. I think that’s where we sit today on a Tuesday . . . It seems like there’s more than 24 hours in a day now, doesn’t there?”

But liberal sports reporters are already crying foul with the move to “get back to football.”

Matt Yoder of Awful Announcing, for instance, is furious with Fox for taking away the players’ forum to protest against the country, especially because it will cut off a way to attack Donald Trump.

Yoder slammed Fox saying, “it’s impossible to go back to a normal schedule now when the NFL and its athletes are in the middle of a culture war with the sitting President of the United States.

“The anthem will be a huge story this week and likely will be throughout the remainder of the season as well,” the Awful Announcing writer insisted.

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised: To Avoid Ratings-Killing Protests, Fox Decides They Will No Longer Air the National Anthem
I think that's perfectly sensible

I think it's wrong to avoid the telecast of the anthem. I want to know what the ignorant assholes are doing during the anthem and I want to see disgust that the fans share which in turn leads to fewer viewers and advertisers. Until the owners and Goodell finally decide it's not a good idea to diss our country, anthem, flag and servicemen, let them experience the fans' outrage

Good post! I agree and this is what is news: not the game. You made me think, and what I think is that Fox has a very serious problem here (so do the other sports outlets and other organized games like basketball). This is the third serious hit football has taken recently, after all the domestic abuse crimes and after all the charges of brain damage. Now it really is becoming a race issue and whites predominantly are mad at blacks predominantly -- more because of all the riots and crimes than because of the kneeling, I suspect. There is a major consumer rebellion going on among viewers and the question is, can they walk it back? Or is football in America finished? I think they made a huge mistake turning football over entirely to gargantuan black men. It separated football way too much from the actual moneymaking viewership.

Note that the networks are not showing the many fans yelling and booing the kneelers -- wow. Why not? Race war, that's why. Showing a lot of this stuff DOES probably promote race war, and they know it. They're afraid of it: it could crush pro sports in America and crush Fox and lose a whole lot of advertising revenue.

Will anyone now starting to boycott football come back? I started boycotting football a couple years ago (after a LOT of years of faithful watching) because of the terrible domestic abuse crimes by so many black football players, going from city to city beating up their Baby Mamas and little tiny toddlers. I'm not cheering for criminals doing that! I don't think people come back after being disgusted and boycotting. Target is finding that out.

When does it start? Because today's Dolphins - Saints game in London they showed the anthems of both countries. Other than the Super Bowls the networks never showed the Nation Anthem or the half time shows. Which I have no problem reverting back too.
NASCAR has been the only sport that consistently showed the Nation Anthem.
Local Fox affiliate did here.
Perhaps Fox Sports is different?

FOX SPORTS just retracted this on air... :banana::banana::banana:

Seems their viewers just reacted differently than they had hoped and a huge backlash of phone calls, email, Sponsor pull outs and social media set them back on their heals.. For being idiot left wing hacks...

Stupidity at its finest... they didn't think there would be blow back..
So, no, they're not going to take the N.A. off the air?

All the bedwetters said they were 'done' with NFL football so it shouldn't matter to them what takes place on broadcasts of the games. Are you papercuts going back on your burning of the NFL flag?

Don't worry, if the anthem is not shown on broadcasts the players will protest during the game in some way. The dopes that want free speech to go away because it makes them uncomfortable don't know what the protests are about. The people that try to minimize the reason for the protests only serve to enhance and further them.
View attachment 152230
LOLOUD!

I'm a veteran and do not feel dissed by someone not being a good lemming and doing what people like you demand that they do with their lives...
So what?

There are plenty of brain damaged vets and apparently you are one.
Thank you for your service, Moon.

the whole thing started when Kap protested for criminals being justifiably shot by police

Fox has a lot at stake, with all the games they sponsor on their Network....looks like they don't want to be a part of the Trump vs NFL controversy, and want everyone to just have fun, watching football on their network....?

No, they don't want to give the traitors of the NFL a platform anymore to spread their hate

-Geaux

Doesn't matter any longer. Others will both record and report on it. And if there's more of these entitled assholes kneeling, the fans will remind the players and the owners who finances their exorbitant paychecks.

Been watching NFL all day, protests are ongoing with many participating, the stands are full, and the games are just as they have always been.

But Earl is at home in his back yard sad looking at the $2,000 of NFL gear he bought for his team.

Ahhh, time for a Fresca.

Imagine if you will if Fox had decided a year ago not to air the National Anthem. What would be the outcry then?

I think it's wrong to avoid the telecast of the anthem. I want to know what the ignorant assholes are doing during the anthem and I want to see disgust that the fans share which in turn leads to fewer viewers and advertisers. Until the owners and Goodell finally decide it's not a good idea to diss our country, anthem, flag and servicemen, let them experience the fans' ourage

If fox could have convinced sane people instead of just the crazies that the protest was about dissing our country, anthem, flag and servicemen, other than what it is really about, they would continue showing it.

His words are pretty clear. He doesn't want to show pride in our country.

meme%20-%20kaep2.png

Just have to add.

HE IS A FUCKING ASSHOLE.

Especially since he is not black and not particularly of color either.

I honestly have never seen a person that was not of color. Even white is a color. Have any of you seen clear people running around?

Until all the protest stuff started the national anthem was usually only televised during conference championship games and the Superbowl the same with Baseball, Basketball, and Hockey.

Forum List

Back