Fox Decides They Will No Longer Air the National Anthem

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Geaux4it, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Geaux4it

Geaux4it Intensity Factor 4-Fold

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,034
    according to newsday. The culture war will get bloodier

-Geaux
    --------

The first major broadcast domino has fallen. In response tocrashing ratings, plummeting ticket sales, and a public backlashfueled by none other than the leader of the free world, Fox Sports has decided to cry Uncle! Becoming the first major NFL broadcast partner to publicly say that they will no longer air the national anthem.
    Instead, Fox Sports is now saying that they will go back to what they had done in the past, namely, not showing the playing of the anthem during game broadcasts, according to Newsday.

Calling this year, “one of the more bizarre starts to the season that we have ever had,” Fox Sports President Eric Shanks released a statement saying: “The standard procedure is not to show them because of the way the commercial format works and the timing of the anthem to get to the kickoff,” Shanks said Tuesday at an event to promote Fox’s soccer coverage of the 2018 World Cup. “So I think we’re going to pay attention to events.

“Who knows what’s going to happen? A lot of time is happening between now and then. But I think the plan would be to get back to a normal schedule. I think that’s where we sit today on a Tuesday . . . It seems like there’s more than 24 hours in a day now, doesn’t there?”

But liberal sports reporters are already crying foul with the move to “get back to football.”

Matt Yoder of Awful Announcing, for instance, is furious with Fox for taking away the players’ forum to protest against the country, especially because it will cut off a way to attack Donald Trump.

Yoder slammed Fox saying, “it’s impossible to go back to a normal schedule now when the NFL and its athletes are in the middle of a culture war with the sitting President of the United States.

“The anthem will be a huge story this week and likely will be throughout the remainder of the season as well,” the Awful Announcing writer insisted.

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised: To Avoid Ratings-Killing Protests, Fox Decides They Will No Longer Air the National Anthem

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42,165
    Like anyone at home stands during the anthem and sings..

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,214
    You miss the point as always

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 3
  4. Jimmy_Chitwood

Jimmy_Chitwood Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,649

Don't you hold a bong rip for the whole thing?

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 2
  5. shockedcanadian

shockedcanadian Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,150
    I think this is a mistake, but the argument for this decision can be successfully argued on both sides. Why I say it's a mistake is that some will look for other sources to watch it live. That's how our society works, we want the "news" fast and live.

If noone else is airing that feed (so they own the exclusive rights to that game), then the decision makes some sense as it won't upset the viewers who might leave and do things like, go outside, breath in fresh air etc. They will probably ask commentators not to discuss it either. In effect, "out of sight out of mind". Or the old "if a tree falls in the forest and noone is there to hear it, does it make a sound?"

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  6. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42,165
    Not really, I prefer to watch the actual game, not the propaganda of politics..

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42,165
    I don't watch pro football and have not since the 1980's. I thought they were out of line going on strike..

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Penelope

Penelope Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,266
    The first man to fall out of line during the Vietnam war was a white man. David Meggyesy, against the Vietnam war and being told to stand at attention. You know the war that went on forever and we lost. The war that T was a draft dodger , but only the poor were draft dodgers. The elites depended on doctor slips.

To glorify war is really wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Desperado

Desperado Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,132
    When does it start? Because today's Dolphins - Saints game in London they showed the anthems of both countries. Other than the Super Bowls the networks never showed the Nation Anthem or the half time shows. Which I have no problem reverting back too.
    NASCAR has been the only sport that consistently showed the Nation Anthem.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  10. Jackson

Jackson Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,117
    I think it's wrong to avoid the telecast of the anthem. I want to know what the ignorant assholes are doing during the anthem and I want to see disgust that the fans share which in turn leads to fewer viewers and advertisers. Until the owners and Goodell finally decide it's not a good idea to diss our country, anthem, flag and servicemen, let them experience the fans' ourage

• Agree Agree x 3