Fox crushes MSNBC, again...

Now if the Maddcow chick and the 'Thrill up my Leg' dude at NBC were railing against this,i might give them some credibility.

GE paid no Taxes on $14 Billion in profits...

General Electric, one of the largest corporations in America, filed a whopping 57,000-page federal tax return earlier this year but didn't pay taxes on $14 billion in profits. The return, which was filed electronically, would have been 19 feet high if printed out and stacked.

The fact that GE paid no taxes in 2010 was widely reported earlier this year, but the size of its tax return first came to light when House budget committee chairman Paul Ryan (R, Wisc.) made the case for corporate tax reform at a recent townhall meeting. "GE was able to utilize all of these various loopholes, all of these various deductions--it's legal," Ryan said. Nine billion dollars of GE's profits came overseas, outside the jurisdiction of U.S. tax law. GE wasn't taxed on $5 billion in U.S. profits because it utilized numerous deductions and tax credits, including tax breaks for investments in low-income housing, green energy, research and development, as well as depreciation of property.

"I asked the GE tax officer, 'How long was your tax form?'" Ryan said. "He said, 'Well, we file electronically, we don't measure in pages.'" Ryan asked for an estimate, which came back at a stunning 57,000 pages. When Ryan relayed the story at the townhall meeting in Janesville, there were audible gasps from the crowd.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs...-paid-no-taxes-14-billion-profits_609137.html

Last edited:
I neglected to mention something in my other post after having the chance to read Pauls posting when it comes to G.E. I thought it interesting that one network would accuse G.E. of being in the hip pocket of the Obama Administration while running it's commericals on their network and the other network would accuse G.E. of being one of those bad corporations for not paying taxes while accepting it's paychecks. Again, these networks have little to do with news, they are just editorial entertainment.

If the Maddcow chick and the 'Thrill up my Leg' guy really were so outraged by "Evil Corporations",they would quit their jobs and stop receiving a paycheck from GE. Because GE is the worst of the worst when it comes to "Evil Corporations." These people are just full of chit. No one should take them seriously.

New Topics

Forum List

Back