Fox corporate ethics under question

Stating that the OP is an idiot for trying to draw a dotted line against Fox (Or in his feeble mind, right at Fox News in particular) by linking the possible actions of a producer of an entertainment game type show, to overall Fox corporate ethics... showing that some of the left biased networks have done far worse, but we do not hear the same screams from the likes of the OP... leads you to state that I was trying to link this to a LW conspiracy

No... just point out the idiot that the OP is and the idiocy of the titled assertion

Stating that the OP is an idiot for trying to draw a dotted line against Fox (Or in his feeble mind, right at Fox News in particular) by linking the possible actions of a producer of an entertainment game type show, to overall Fox corporate ethics... showing that some of the left biased networks have done far worse, but we do not hear the same screams from the likes of the OP... leads you to state that I was trying to link this to a LW conspiracy

No... just point out the idiot that the OP is and the idiocy of the titled assertion

You're right, it was a little bit of a cheap shot, and I got called on it:redface:.

Do you think Fox is at least a little right biased, and if so, what do you think are some well balanced networks?

I agree that the article and the OP attempt to paint a much worse picture than the reality indicates, but your attempt to absolve Fox of any blame and make them seem above the fray that the other networks engage in is equally disingenuous. Fox has had to apologize multiple times in recent months for knowingly airing misleading footage (outright lying?) and their routine ignorant commentary on shows like Fox and Friends. All the networks are bottom feeders. Fox just wallows in it a bit more proudly.

Oh. Shucks. You guys are questioning Fox's ethics. Again. I never saw that coming. I never believed you would find some way to attack Fox today. Seriously. I am totally blindsided by this event.

Surely, this world will end with such a great surprise.

You are absolutely right. Everyone knows Fox has no ethics.

You're right, it was a little bit of a cheap shot, and I got called on it:redface:.

Do you think Fox is at least a little right biased, and if so, what do you think are some well balanced networks?

I think their commentary is on the 'right' or 'conservative' side many times... I think their news reporting and their inclusion of speakers on all sides in their actual reporting is pretty much having them in the range of the 'middle' in that aspect

I have 2 huge screens in my center here at work... we are required to have either news channels or weather channels on them.... I would definitely say that even the news reporting on MSNBC or CNN is indeed biased to the left... more-so than any instances of the news reporting on FOX being biased to the right

Oh. Shucks. You guys are questioning Fox's ethics. Again. I never saw that coming. I never believed you would find some way to attack Fox today. Seriously. I am totally blindsided by this event.

Surely, this world will end with such a great surprise.

You are absolutely right. Everyone knows Fox has no ethics.

then why do they invite D's on to express their views???? PMSNBC sure as hell don't

I agree that the article and the OP attempt to paint a much worse picture than the reality indicates, but your attempt to absolve Fox of any blame and make them seem above the fray that the other networks engage in is equally disingenuous. Fox has had to apologize multiple times in recent months for knowingly airing misleading footage (outright lying?) and their routine ignorant commentary on shows like Fox and Friends. All the networks are bottom feeders. Fox just wallows in it a bit more proudly.

Commentary and opinion shows are not nearly the same as news broadcasting, now is it

I did not 'absolve' fox of anything... rather put the issue onto the facts that are known, which is this is about an entertainment show that seems to have had a problem with coaching by a producer of that show

Oh... and I would love to see these official apologies for 'outright lies'... and we're not just talking about the normal flubs and gaffes that all newscasts make

holy crap, one member of the production staff does a no no and its the entire fox news corporation...

too funny, when blather messed up, i don't recall you or any dem criticizing the entire corporation and blather was the main talking head

In fact, when a member of the New York Times (*coughBlair*cough) was caught making shit up, they claimed that you couldn't hold the entire paper responsible for one person.

Now they want to launch an ethics probe into FoxNews.

Think they can be more obvious? I mean, they wouldn't be trying to find ways to shut down a Constitutionally protected segment of America.

Would they?

Commentary and opinion shows are not nearly the same as news broadcasting, now is it

>> No, but given how much Fox devotes to commentary and opinion shows, and how often we see those talking heads spin or lie about the news, it's a short walk. In fact, it actually further shows their actual bias. Their news reporting is pretty much no different than the others. Their commentary is unequivocally biased heavily to the right.

I did not 'absolve' fox of anything... rather put the issue onto the facts that are known, which is this is about an entertainment show that seems to have had a problem with coaching by a producer of that show

>> Well, I agreed that the article and the OP were stretching considerably, but you don't seem willing to see any fault from Fox at all, whether in this case or the multitude of others.

Oh... and I would love to see these official apologies for 'outright lies'... and we're not just talking about the normal flubs and gaffes that all newscasts make

>> Don't you watch Fox? They had to apologize 2 weeks in a row for knowingly lying about the attendance of Palin rallies and attempting to pass off footage of other events showing considerably more people to make it appear Palin has a following. They also had to publicly apologize for the ludicrous "terrorist fist jab" comments by one of the Fox floozies. Throw in how often Jon Stewart catches them in lies (using their own footage against them), and I'd say that either their A/V guys are incompetent or are taking some interesting orders. And not one of their commentary shows has any credibility. I can't stand any of the other cable networks either, and they certainly have some biases. But Fox leads the way. At least they wear it proudly.

Any use of John Stewart as come credible source or 'catch' is an instant epic fail

Again.... I have seen apologies for incorrect information, as I have seen on other newscasts (local, national, and international)... including wrong footage in places.... I am making no apologies for Fox... I will indeed continue to call out those inherent Fox bashers who do not apply the same standards to the lefty leaning networks

Oh... and I think it has been shown in here exactly how much programing during normal hours is indeed news on Fox news... the commentary and opinion shows are at night and generally repeated at night... and in comparison, stations such as MSNBC have more commentary shows and the major stations like CBS produce less news

To say that Fox 'leads the way' and not think that the CNN's MSNBC's and CBS's are somehow less biased than fox, is showing you are indeed wearing blinders....

Oh... and you did not hear me defending any commentary shows

Any use of John Stewart as come credible source or 'catch' is an instant epic fail

>> LMAO. Way to weasel out. I'm on alert.

Again.... I have seen apologies for incorrect information, as I have seen on other newscasts (local, national, and international)... including wrong footage in places.... I am making no apologies for Fox... I will indeed continue to call out those inherent Fox bashers who do not apply the same standards to the lefty leaning networks

>> I apply the same standards to all of them, and I find them all pretty lacking in integrity. I just think Fox goes the 'extra mile' in this regard.

Oh... and I think it has been shown in here exactly how much programing during normal hours is indeed news on Fox news... the commentary and opinion shows are at night and generally repeated at night... and in comparison, stations such as MSNBC have more commentary shows and the major stations like CBS produce less news

>> MSNBC is horrible. I'm not even sure what they are trying to be anymore.

To say that Fox 'leads the way' and not think that the CNN's MSNBC's and CBS's are somehow less biased than fox, is showing you are indeed wearing blinders....

>> Less biased? MSNBC and Fox are probably tied. Each just shill for their particular infatuation of the day. CNN is slightly less objectionable... but only just.

>> Okay.

>> LMAO. Way to weasel out. I'm on alert.

>> I apply the same standards to all of them, and I find them all pretty lacking in integrity. I just think Fox goes the 'extra mile' in this regard.

>> MSNBC is horrible. I'm not even sure what they are trying to be anymore.

>> Less biased? MSNBC and Fox are probably tied. Each just shill for their particular infatuation of the day. CNN is slightly less objectionable... but only just.

>> Okay.

Weaseling out by not counting a comedian such as stewart as a credible source?? What next?? Olberman??? Takes on news or Fox by the now deceased George Carlin??

Give me a break

CNN is indeed heavily biased in it's reporting... and I am saying nothing of their commentary and opinion pieces, those are out of the park... CBS should be the one with zero credibility, after their falsified documents fiasco that was tied directly to the company itself

As for Fox leading the way... again... seems like you're very willing to state that without being entirely objective on the other networks who have CLEARLY and repeatedly shown bias in news reporting

And even if Fox leans right... good for them... 1 against the numerous that clearly lean left... except to the uber-lefties, who detest dissenting views

holy crap, one member of the production staff does a no no and its the entire fox news corporation...

too funny, when blather messed up, i don't recall you or any dem criticizing the entire corporation and blather was the main talking head

Kind of like Acorn? :lol:

so then you're saying its not all fox corporation....you're saying the OP lied...

is that right?
And the Gold Medal in Conclusion Jumping goes to Yurt!

so then you're saying its not all fox corporation....you're saying the OP lied...

is that right?

and the gold medal of stupid goes to you...

if his comment is true of acorn, that it was just a few bad apples and not the whole orchard, then "kind of like acorn" must mean (if he is not being intellectually dishonest) that fox also has a few bad apples and its not the whole orchard or corporation as the OP falsely claims...

its pretty simple really, not for you though

is that right?

and the gold medal of stupid goes to you...

if his comment is true of acorn, that it was just a few bad apples and not the whole orchard, then "kind of like acorn" must mean (if he is not being intellectually dishonest) that fox also has a few bad apples and its not the whole orchard or corporation as the OP falsely claims...

its pretty simple really, not for you though
Well, let's take a look at that OP again, shall we?

Fox corporate ethics under question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fox's 'Our Little Genius' scandal - THE WEEK

In what some are calling a throwback to the quiz show scandals of the 1950s — when producers slipped answers to favored contestants — the Federal Communications Commission has launched an investigation into a Fox show called "Our Little Genius." Fox yanked the highly promoted show a week before its scheduled January premiere after the producer said contestants, ages 6 to 12, may have been improperly coached. The father of a child recruited as a contestant had made a similar complaint to the FCC in December. Does this cast doubt on Fox's corporate ethics?

I draw your attention to both the title and the last sentence in the post. They both 'question' the ethics of Fox. Any broad, unfounded allegations there? Any reason to further assume the worst about Fox as either a corporation or a producer of quiz shows?

If I started a thread about the ethics of ACORN, its effectiveness as a community organization or its methods of accomplishing their stated goals, do you suppose there would be mass acceptance of ACORN with a few 'questions' arising?

is that right?

You're playing dumb on purpose.......go on........admit it.........:razz::razz:

Forum List

Back