Fox Blatently Pitches for GOP Senate Candidate

And if you still believe that Fox News isn’t biased, then I dare you to send us an example of a promo that suggests that Democratic win – and in any race – would be as good for the country.

Such a promo doesn't exist, since given the overwhelming evidence to the contrary nobody in their right mind would make such a claim let alone believe it. :)

That being said, the author of the article needs to learn the difference between news content and opinion commentary since all the major news outlets offer both and most people are able to distinguish between the two.

Court Ruling: Fox News Has a First Amendment Right to Lie » Propeller

A Florida Appeals court ruled there is absolutely nothing illegal about lying, concealing or distorting information by a major press organization. The court reversed the $425,000 jury verdict in favor of journalist Jane Akre who charged she was pressured by Fox Television management and lawyers to air what she knew and documented to be false information.

9 million repititions of this post won't change anything oh Perfect Person..:lol::lol::lol::lol:

BTW, that promo is 'promoting' anything but Cavuto's show, and its also accurate, as brown will kill that ludicrous barrycare and its huge tax hike.

So basically some of you are complaining about something that isn't so (FOX promo promoting brown doesn't exist) when at the same time ignoring that the promo for the show is actually accurate. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38lWViY77_E&feature=player_embedded

I read the article and watched the clip (link above)

People are really pulling at straws over this whole senate race thing eh? Seriously?

Is cavutos show news reporting or and opinion show? Neil Cavuto - FOXNews.com

Ah the laughs.....i'm done with this blatantly biased thread, enjoy patting each other on the back.

BTW, that promo is 'promoting' anything but Cavuto's show, and its also accurate, as brown will kill that ludicrous barrycare and its huge tax hike.

So basically some of you are complaining about something that isn't so (FOX promo promoting brown doesn't exist) when at the same time ignoring that the promo for the show is actually accurate. :lol:

I know i wasn't going to post again but I have to quote xeno's truthful post so when my 24 hours is up its easy to find for me to rep.

The Perfect People Hate Fox News.. They have told us so nine million, nine hundred thousand nine hundred and ninety nine . nine times.. Isn't that Perfect? :lol:

People are really pulling at straws over this whole senate race thing eh? Seriously?

Ah the laughs.....i'm done with this blatantly biased thread, enjoy patting each other on the back.

I know i wasn't going to post again but I have to quote xeno's truthful post so when my 24 hours is up its easy to find for me to rep.

Huh?

A Florida Appeals court ruled there is absolutely nothing illegal about lying, concealing or distorting information by a major press organization. The court reversed the $425,000 jury verdict in favor of journalist Jane Akre who charged she was pressured by Fox Television management and lawyers to air what she knew and documented to be false information.

You really need to find out the facts of the judgement about the reversal of the verdict instead of just repeating left wing whines, truthmatters... if in fact the truth reall does matter to you.

And if you still believe that Fox News isn’t biased, then I dare you to send us an example of a promo that suggests that Democratic win – and in any race – would be as good for the country.

Such a promo doesn't exist, since given the overwhelming evidence to the contrary nobody in their right mind would make such a claim let alone believe it. :)

That being said, the author of the article needs to learn the difference between news content and opinion commentary since all the major news outlets offer both and most people are able to distinguish between the two.

Well, your initial premise is questionable. I'd suggest that's your OPINION -- to which you have every right, no matter how wrong you are.

I have no problem with Fox airing it's opinions. I have a problem with it pretending it's news and not political commentary.

A local Boston Station reported on Haiti and actually segued into the election by saying something like "and another crisis is looming at home"

And multiple news anchors expressed a "this is bad" sentiment when commenting on Jokely's poor poll numbers

So there's plenty of bias to go around.

The video clips are here (yes I know it's beck's show but the clips are the clips no matter where you get them)

Glenn Beck - Current Events & Politics - Surprised Massachusetts Race Is Close?

Last edited:

Huh?

Now I have his post quoted under my "recent posts" page. I'll never find it otherwise.

I gave out too much rep last night and am not allowed to give any for a while now.

Well, your initial premise is questionable. I'd suggest that's your OPINION -- to which you have every right, no matter how wrong you are.

I have no problem with Fox airing it's opinions. I have a problem with it pretending it's news and not political commentary.
Cavuto's show is billed as political commentary.

If this loon site misrepresented that to you, then its THE SITE that lied to you, not FOX.

Cavuto's show is billed as political commentary.

If this loon site misrepresented that to you, then its THE SITE that lied to you, not FOX.

Hence my harsh comments about the thread earlier.

You really need to find out the facts of the judgement about the reversal of the verdict instead of just repeating left wing whines, truthmatters... if in fact the truth reall does matter to you.

So tell us the "truth" you are talking about?

Of course it's my opinion just like "“The bottom line in Massachusetts. How a GOP victory in the Bay State could save taxpayers nationwide. What the senate race really means for your money. Tonight, on your World.” is clearly a trailer for an opinion piece, especially given it's a piece on Neil Cavuto's show who generally does an excellent job of presenting both sides of any opinion.

No one has offered any evidence that Fox "pretended" anything, however if it offends you there's an easy way to deal with it, change the channel and don't watch it.

http://www.2dca.org/opinions/Opinion_Pages/Opinion_Page_2003/February/February 14, 2003/2D01-529.pdf

Because the FCC’s news distortion policy is not a “law, rule, or regulation”
under section 448.102, Akre has failed to state a claim under the whistle-blower's
statute. Accordingly, we reverse the judgment in her favor and remand for entry of a
judgment in favor of WTVT.
Reversed and remanded.

CASANUEVA, J., and GREEN, OLIVER L., SENIOR JUDGE, Concur.

Right out of the court docs.

Last edited:
People will gravitate to the news outlet that most closely reflects their personal bias calling it fair while simultaneously labeling all other news outlets biased.

No taintwallow FOX is the only one who CLAIMS to be fair and Balenced while proving in court they can lie any time they wish.

Forum List

Back