Fox Blatently Pitches for GOP Senate Candidate

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
Gotta love that 'fair and balanced' stuff.. :lol:

Fox News Promo A Blatant Pitch For GOP Senate Candidate
Reported by Ellen - January 19, 2010 - Comments

As we have previously noted, Fox News has repeatedly reported on the Massachusetts senate race in ways that just happen to favor the GOP candidate. However, even I was surprised by the blatancy of a Fox News promo that was ostensibly for the Your World show but which announced that "A GOP victory in Massachusetts could save taxpayers nationwide." With video.

In the promo, the announcer states: “The bottom line in Massachusetts. How a GOP victory in the Bay State could save taxpayers nationwide. What the senate race really means for your money. Tonight, on your World.”

This is really an off-shoot of the “Cavuto Mark.” Maybe Jon Stewart can call it the “Cavuto Maybe.” Fox News is not coming right out and saying that a GOP victory “really means” taxpayers nationwide will save money. Oh, no, no, no. Fox is saying that it might mean that.

And if you still believe that Fox News isn’t biased, then I dare you to send us an example of a promo that suggests that Democratic win – and in any race – would be as good for the country. Meanwhile, I’ve got a bridge you might be interested in buying.

News Hounds: Fox News Promo A Blatant Pitch For GOP Senate Candidate

And Fox complains when they are not treated like a "real" news outlet

Hello... It is Perfectly Fair and Balanced.. Just flip to MSNBC and you will get my drift.. It couldn't be more fair and balanced.

Fox is not news.

It is the propaganda wing of the Republican Party.

If Mr. Brown has the support of Fox News, then it's tough for me to imagine to be any different than the rest of the Republicans in Washington. Short of the fact he has to act a little Liberal or otherwise the voters of Mass would laugh at his running.

Hello... It is Perfectly Fair and Balanced.. Just flip to MSNBC and you will get my drift.. It couldn't be more fair and balanced.

MSNBC doesn't claim to be balanced news.

But MSNBC also doesn't lie the way FoxNews does.

It's a disgrace.

Gotta love that 'fair and balanced' stuff.. :lol:

Fox News Promo A Blatant Pitch For GOP Senate Candidate
Reported by Ellen - January 19, 2010 - Comments

As we have previously noted, Fox News has repeatedly reported on the Massachusetts senate race in ways that just happen to favor the GOP candidate. However, even I was surprised by the blatancy of a Fox News promo that was ostensibly for the Your World show but which announced that "A GOP victory in Massachusetts could save taxpayers nationwide." With video.

In the promo, the announcer states: “The bottom line in Massachusetts. How a GOP victory in the Bay State could save taxpayers nationwide. What the senate race really means for your money. Tonight, on your World.”

This is really an off-shoot of the “Cavuto Mark.” Maybe Jon Stewart can call it the “Cavuto Maybe.” Fox News is not coming right out and saying that a GOP victory “really means” taxpayers nationwide will save money. Oh, no, no, no. Fox is saying that it might mean that.

And if you still believe that Fox News isn’t biased, then I dare you to send us an example of a promo that suggests that Democratic win – and in any race – would be as good for the country. Meanwhile, I’ve got a bridge you might be interested in buying.

News Hounds: Fox News Promo A Blatant Pitch For GOP Senate Candidate

That is the truth that if brown wins it will save the taxpayers money So I dont see your spin on that.

Let me read the article maybe I missed something in it that you saw which motivated this thread.

If Mr. Brown has the support of Fox News, then it's tough for me to imagine to be any different than the rest of the Republicans in Washington. Short of the fact he has to act a little Liberal or otherwise the voters of Mass would laugh at his running.

yeah, it's not like mass would support someone like reagan.

right?

Fox is not news.

It is the propaganda wing of the Republican Party.

Someone on MSNBC said Dems should cheat to get Coakley in.

MSNBC isn't even propaganda, it's just a bunch of angry liberals who can't control themselves when Dems lose. Maybe that's why its ratings are 70% lower than Fox News.

yeah, it's not like mass would support someone like reagan.

right?

Contrary to popular belief, Ronald Reagan wasn't that Conservative. :lol:

And when the other choice happens to be Jimmy Carter or Walter Mondale, they're gonna go for Reagan obviously there Del. :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38lWViY77_E&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I read the article and watched the clip (link above)

People are really pulling at straws over this whole senate race thing eh? Seriously?

Is cavutos show news reporting or and opinion show? Neil Cavuto - FOXNews.com

Ah the laughs.....i'm done with this blatantly biased thread, enjoy patting each other on the back.

What I find funny is the far left bring this up as some sort of proof of a rightward bias by FOX. It's true, if the current healthcare bill gets passed it will end up costs us more, if Brown wins, he will attempt to get this bill to fail, thus...a GOP victory tonight could save taxpayers nationwide.

No stretch at all. No bias at all. At least imo.

-TSO

actually i can say what is true about Fox.

What I can't do is open your youtube link cause I'm at work. grrrrr...

it's the ed shultz "i'd vote ten times to keep the bastards out" bit.

msnbc and fox are two sides of the same coin, imo.

Thanks.

The thing is that Ed doesn't pretend he's anything but a political person with a particular pov.. same as Joe Scarborough doesn't pretend to be anything but a conservative.

Fox tries to pretend it's news.

Forum List

Back