Fourth phone survey this week

Si modo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fairfax, Virginia
I live in Virginia - swing state.

I just got off the phone with a person taking yet another political survey...this was the shortest one.

Q: Will you be voting for Kaine or Allen for Senate?
A: Dunno yet.

Q: Will you be voting for Romney or Obama?
A: I won't be voting for Obama.

Q: Is that a definite?
A: Definitely I won't be voting for Obama.

Q: Do you believe that Obama's policies have been better or worse for the economy?
A: [Emphatically] Worse.

*click*

:lol:

That's nothing, I get about 20 calls from the GOP each week. The latest had some doofus talking like he was George W. Bush, faking his voice....

:rolleyes:

I just got off the phone with a person taking yet another political survey...this was the shortest one.

Q: Do you believe that Obama's policies have been better or worse for the economy?

*click*

*Click* Huh??

Good thing you didn't tell that caller what you really think. LOL

Is there a "do not call" type list to sign for robocalls?
None of them have been robocalls, though. Real persons.

Ah. Mine have all been robocalls and they all seem to come around dinnertime.
This was the first morning one.

I've also had two persons come door-to-door.

Good for them - getting involved.

But, man, this one was THE shortest one I've had. Cracked me up. Just *click*...no "thank you for your time" or "good bye"....just *click*.

:lmao:

None of them have been robocalls, though. Real persons.

But, man, this one was THE shortest one I've had. Cracked me up. Just *click*...no "thank you for your time" or "good bye"....just *click*.

Her third question "Is that a definite?" tells me she wanted a specific answer to her survey question, and you hadn't provided it.

That's why some polls are administered on such a slippery slope, it makes one wonder why we pay attention to "polls." Most of them say what the objective of the polltaker wants them to say, so they come back with an 'are you sure.'

/shaking head.

I'm glad you started this thread, Si. I just look at Caller ID, because my phone has been ringing about 55 times a day lately with "unknown caller" "800" "866" and "877" prefixes. I'm sick of repetitive calls from people I do not know. Also, some who call saying they are from my political party make the hair stand up on the back of my neck, when something they say makes me feel like the person calling is not someone I would like to know. :eusa_naughty:

I do not answer "unknown caller" etc. I already made my contribution in anticipation of the level of vitriol I predicted would come about in this election.

I didn't vote for obama the first time and sure won't be this time. I hope the american people who voted for him the first time, have seen their mistake and not repeat it, or we will all suffer beyond your imagination.

*click*

Looks like you won't be included in that poll's results.

Her third question "Is that a definite?" tells me she wanted a specific answer to her survey question, and you hadn't provided it.

That's why some polls are administered on such a slippery slope, it makes one wonder why we pay attention to "polls." Most of them say what the objective of the polltaker wants them to say, so they come back with an 'are you sure.'

/shaking head.

I'm glad you started this thread, Si. I just look at Caller ID, because my phone has been ringing about 55 times a day lately with "unknown caller" "800" "866" and "877" prefixes. I'm sick of repetitive calls from people I do not know. Also, some who call saying they are from my political party make the hair stand up on the back of my neck, when something they say makes me feel like the person calling is not someone I would like to know. :eusa_naughty:

I do not answer "unknown caller" etc. I already made my contribution in anticipation of the level of vitriol I predicted would come about in this election.

The only opinion poll that matters is on election day. Poll results can be manipulated in so many perfectly ethical ways that you are probably better off using a dartboard to figure out who is going to win this election.

Is there a "do not call" type list to sign for robocalls?

Political calls are not subject to the Do Not Call legislation. Politicians always exempt themselves from the rules the rest of us have to follow.

I am in MD... and I have been getting a lot too... to the point where I answer, and when I hear the person on the other end, I immediately state to be taken off the call list.. and when they call again, I immediately ask to talk to a supervisor

I started off answering some... but most were annoying.. and down right biased... When I Answered that I would be voting for Johnson (for as of now, he will probably get my vote unless Mitt and Ryan really show me something), I was asked "Do you mean Obama?".. and every time I answered some question about or related to Obama, they would re-ask in such a way like they were trying to get a positive answer and not a negative one.... Pretty shady if you ask me

*click*

Looks like you won't be included in that poll's results.
Probably not. I mean, my answer was definite that I won't vote for Obama, but I think they were looking for an either/or.

I wonder how many persons who answer a negative vote for someone (won't be voting for Obama/not voting for Romney) get tossed out of poll results. They just want numbers for Obama or Romney votes rather than not Obama/not Romney.

I am in MD... and I have been getting a lot too... to the point where I answer, and when I hear the person on the other end, I immediately state to be taken off the call list.. and when they call again, I immediately ask to talk to a supervisor

I started off answering some... but most were annoying.. and down right biased... When I Answered that I would be voting for Johnson (for as of now, he will probably get my vote unless Mitt and Ryan really show me something), I was asked "Do you mean Obama?".. and every time I answered some question about or related to Obama, they would re-ask in such a way like they were trying to get a positive answer and not a negative one.... Pretty shady if you ask me
I do answer occasionally if the net input here is so negative somebody needs to throw some money at it. The words "cut to the chase" means I don't have to spend 15 minutes listening to the list, which I've already heard 50 times over. :lmao:

New Topics

Forum List

Back