Fourth of July: What does it mean to an American Muslim

Some of us are under the impression tha Moslems cannot also be good citizens.

I recall only too well that at one time some of my fellow Americans thought that no Roman Catholic could be a good American because of their religion, too.

Fuck them then, and fuck them now, too.

Theologically , I have, and never will have ANY thing in common with Sunni Man. Thats a fact, we are both Americans though. In a country where religion is supposed to mean nothing, and we are free to worship (or not)how ever we please, it is shocking how many folks will give the guy a hard time. There are no records of Buddhist or Taoist fighting in the American Revolution so I guess they should get the same treatment then ? Sunni is a Muslim, and is on record in past post to be against the craziness perpetrated by fanatics over seas. He is all right, even though we dont see eye to eye on other things. He is an American who enjoys freedom like the rest of us. Same for the rest of the Muslims in America.

Being a Muslim in America many times proves difficult. This thread is a perfect example. Half of the people are supporting or at least fair in their assessment of Muslims in America. While the other half have nothing but hate and venom towards American Muslims.

All I was trying to show was that American Muslims have bought into the American dream. And that they are proud to be American citizens and live in this country. Celebrating 4 July has special significance for them. And are proud to be here as citizens in their adopted country.

Personally, I get tired of hearing, " Well in Pakistan they do this or in Saudi Arabia they do that". We are in America and not another country. What they do in their country is there concern not ours. Yet people are always telling me to denounce this group or act. Although I never can figure out what my denunciation would prove or achieve? And exactly who would I verbalize my denunciation to?

American Muslins are concerned with the same issues as everyone else. Paying the mortgage, Car payments, Braces for the kids teeth, Keeping the lawn nice, taxes, etc.

So called creeping sharia? I never got the official Muslim memo.

Jihad ? Who has time for that? I'm still trying to kill the crabgrass in my yard. Infidels are way down on my list. :eusa_angel:

I do. If a man has enough love for this country to go halfway around the world to fight a war for her (which Sunni did, in Vietnam), then the way I see it, he has a right to talk about what America means to him, whether you or I agree with him, or not, and I've got a reason to at least hear what he has to say.

Of course he has that right. I applaud his ability to display his hatred towards Jews... and his ability to display his rabid hatred for non-Muslims, despite that they are his fellows Americans.

Fighting for your country does not make anyone above criticism. Sonny Boy is a hate filled anti-semite. I would not wish to silence him.... I prefer these bastards out in the open, where people can see them for who they really are.

You missed the point. I don't agree with some of the things Sunni says, but here in America, he has the right to say them. How many of you critics can say you have never uttered a hateful word about some one or some group, here or elsewhere; you don't think what you are saying about Sunni and Muslims in general is just a bit hateful? It's hateful enough, for the government in a lot of democracies to punish you for it, but it's allowed here, whether you say it, or Sunni says it. No veteran is or ought to be immune from criticism, but those who have served have at least shown their love for this nation in a way most Americans have not, and deserve a little extra slack, even when some of the opinions they express are misguided. There are other vets here I often disagree with, (U.S, Geauxtohell, U.S. Army Retired, MikeK, and others), but all of us agree on one simple thing: we all love this country, and we all want what we believe is the best for her. We may differ on a lot of things, but on that, we are united.

In any case, this is a day for celebrating all the good things America represents, not for trashing our fellow Americans. It's a day to focus on the things that unite us, not those that divide us, and whether or not we agree with many of Sunni's opinions, he has expressed his love for this nation in his post, and that common ground is what we need to focus on; you'd think we could do that, at least for one day (assuming the rest of you care at least as much for your country as you do for slamming those you don't agree with). So stop the trashing and bashing, and tell us what America means to YOU.

Here's my issue (one of them) with Sonny Boy's "Patriotism"..... he wants Sharia to be the law of our country. How unAmerican is that? He wants to force all Americans to become Muslims. Fuck him.... and fuck Shariah. :eusa_angel:

Independence Day is not, has not and never will be about religion.

It's a day set aside to remeber the men, women and somtimes kids, that intentionally put themselves in harms way against a far better army and navy than we had, so that thier kids and grandkids and on down the line would never know the yoke of tryanny and would only know freedom.

It's a day set aside to remeber the men, women and somtimes kids, that intentionally put themselves in harms way against a far better army and navy than we had, so that thier kids and grandkids and on down the line would never know the yoke of tryanny and would only know freedom.

Better equipped sure, Our guys were of a higher quality.

The Brits were fighting for a paycheck

We fought for liberty.

We simply wanted it more.

The Brits were fighting for a paycheck

We fought for liberty.

We simply wanted it more.

yup,

Forum List

Back