Four Shomrim Members Shot In Borough Park

Freeman

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2009
Four Shomrim Members Shot In Borough Park

The violence happened at about 7:45 p.m. near the intersection of 49th Street and Tenth Avenue in Borough Park The members of the Shomrim Patrol were following a car they considered suspicious

New York Post

Four members of a Jewish volunteer patrol were shot during a tussle with a suspected pervert in Brooklyn last night, police said.

"I tackled him and as we were falling to the ground, he started shooting all over the place," said Motty Perl, a member of the unarmed Shomrim security patrol who was shot in the left hand and shoulder.

"I thought it was a BB gun. I didn't think the gun was real."

Perl, 28, and three other Shomrim members were taken to Lutheran Hospital and were expected to survive, cops said.

Suspected shooter David Flores, 33, accidentally shot himself in the left arm when he let loose his barrage and was in police custody, NYPD sources said.

"It was like a scene out of the movies. He kept on shooting. He was on the floor," said Jacob Daskel, a Shomrim member who was not hurt.

"We were grabbing his hand, holding it down,"

The suspect had previously been arrested nine times -- including once for lewdness and twice for robbery, said NYPD Commissioner Ray Kelly, who came to the hospital to thank Shomrim members for "the service they provide."

I bet that it's a story btwn kosher mafia moguls!

Four members of Shomrim Jewish volunteer patrol shot - NYPOST.com

Gary-Moskowitz-091009.jpg

Forum List

Back