Four Senate Democrats join Republicans supporting Bush tax cuts

mdn2000

Rookie
Sep 27, 2009
conservative hell california
Well, there you have it, Democrats are joining the Republicans, true Democrats, I guess I should look up which Democrats before I go out on limb but I think its safe to say just because your a Democrat does not mean your a Liberal/Marxist/Democrat. One can never stereotype the people who represent us. That is bigotry and most likely a tactic of partisan Liberals. Divide and conquer, United we stand, Divided we fall.

Senate blocks Obama's tax plan - Washington Times

The Senate blocked President Obama's and Democratic leaders' tax cut plans Saturday in a foreordained symbolic vote that now sends both sides back to the negotiating table to work out a viable deal.

A bipartisan filibuster, led by unified Republicans and joined by four Democrats and one independent, proved there isn't enough support to back Mr. Obama's preferred option to extend income tax cuts for couples making less than $250,000 and tax increases for those making more than that.

Russ Feingold and Joe Lieberman cast their second NAY vote, this time joined by

Dick Durbin (D-IL)

Jay Rockefeller (D-WV)

Tom Harkin (D-IA)

I'm thinking there is more than just GOP sympathy in that. And the Washington Times should be ashamed to have used the term filibuster. That hasn't been done since 93.

Forum List

Back