Four areas -- Just where do you stand on each?

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
NOTE:
The title question does not ask where you stand relative to or in judgment of where someone else stands. Please be cognizant of that in your initial thread post, a post that should identify your views, not what you think of others.
  • Gun Control/Rights - Guns aren't the problem, the culture, people and their attitudes are; however, guns are what can be controlled and people far less so. If you're willing to wait as long as we did to create a culture that hates smoking, okay, but if leaders want to effect that kind of cultural change, then they should have to sit in the living rooms of personally face every single mother, father and sibling of a person who was killed or maimed by guns.
  • Abortion - You can't be killed until you've been born. I don't care why she got pregnant. The fact is she doesn't want to be. The lives and desires, whatever they be, of people who are born have primacy over the would be life of the unborn. Period.
  • Taxes - Nobody wants to pay more taxes. The individuals who pay the most income taxes (federal, state or local) deserve to have the most say -- as individuals or collectively as a category of individuals -- about how the respective government to which they paid their income tax spends the money.
  • Education - Going to school is the job children must perform. They can either do what it takes to meet expectations or not -- expectations being defined as what it takes to master fully the material being taught, i.e, earn an "A" -- but no matter whether they do master the material, what they do in school will have a durable impact on what they do as adults. It's not a child's fault that his parents failed to deliver that message and motivate behavior that ensures the least possible deleterious downstream impact, but it's not the rest of society's fault either; thus I have little tolerance for the sad stories about how formerly low to mediocre performing students can't achieve as they may later in life want to.

Last edited:
  • Gun Control/Rights - Guns aren't the problem, the culture, people and their attitudes are; however, guns are what can be controlled and people far less so. If you're willing to wait as long as we did to create a culture that hates smoking, okay, but if leaders want to effect that kind of cultural change, then they should have to sit in the living rooms of personally face every single mother, father and sibling of a person who was killed or maimed by guns.
  • Abortion - You can't be killed until you've been born. I don't care why she got pregnant. The fact is she doesn't want to be. The lives and desires, whatever they be, of people who are born have primacy over the would be life of the unborn. Period.
  • Taxes - Nobody wants to pay more taxes. The individuals who pay the most income taxes (federal, state or local) deserve to have the most say -- as individuals or collectively as a category of individuals -- about how the respective government to which they paid their income tax spends the money.
  • Education - Going to school is the job children must perform. They can either do what it takes to meet expectations or not -- expectations being defined as what it takes to master fully the material being taught, i.e, earn an "A" -- but no matter whether they do master the material, what they do in school will have a durable impact on what they do as adults. It's not a child's fault that his parents failed to deliver that message and motivate behavior that ensures the least possible deleterious downstream impact, but it's not the rest of society's fault either; thus I have little tolerance for the sad stories about how formerly low to mediocre performing students can't achieve as they may later in life want to.

Why do you hate democracy?

Guns can not be controlled. If they could be controlled, then why hasn't control on pot, heroin, or lsd worked? Why didn't control over alcohol work in the 1930s?

Laws only effect the people who obey the laws. Creating a law that controls people who break laws, is moronic. It does not work.

You can't be killed until you are born, is logically stupid. Kill: To make something dead, that was alive. An unborn baby feels pain, has a heart beat, consumes oxygen. When you abort a baby, it no longer grows, no longer has a heart beat, and no longer consumes oxygen.

You can most certainly kill something that is not yet born.

If I killed the unborn baby Panda, which is a protected and endangered animal... are you saying that you can't prosecute me for killing it? Because according to you, it's not possible to kill something not yet born. So we should be able to have some Panda stew tonight, right?

Be careful how you answer, because if you indicate I did something wrong, it would require that I have killed the Panda that isn't born yet.

We should have a flat tax. Everyone should pay the same percentage of their income, and have equal say in how it is spent.

Students who refuse to learn their lessons, should be removed from school. They should then be required to pay for their own education.

This would both encourage students to do better in school, and at the same time, allow society to avoid paying for students who will choose to never succeed.

Students who refuse to learn their lessons, should be removed from school. They should then be required to pay for their own education.

This would both encourage students to do better in school, and at the same time, allow society to avoid paying for students who will choose to never succeed.

I can live with that.

Hand off the guns, liberal thug!
Criminals will keep their guns after you took mine away. Come and try.

Hands off the unborn, liberal baby murderer!
If I see you trying to make people kill their babies, your abortion is inevitable. If you don´t like babies, prevention is the mean of choice, not murder. Period.

Hands off the government, liberal anarchist!
We don´t need anarchy and taxes cannot be spend according to someone´s liberal gusto.

Hands off the children, liberal chester!
Children must get the material that suits them best. More capable kids go to another school. Of course, liberals dream of little boys and want them to learn their liberal stuff instead of the things they need in life.

Last edited:
Gun Control/Rights - Guns aren't the problem, the culture, people and their attitudes are; however, guns are what can be controlled and people far less so. If you're willing to wait as long as we did to create a culture that hates smoking, okay, but if leaders want to effect that kind of cultural change, then they should have to sit in the living rooms of personally face every single mother, father and sibling of a person who was killed or maimed by guns.

My right to self defense is not negotiable.I'll say it to anyone's face.

Abortion - You can't be killed until you've been born. I don't care why she got pregnant. The fact is she doesn't want to be. The lives and desires, whatever they be, of people who are born have primacy over the would be life of the unborn. Period.

Abortion is utterly savage and barbaric. Keep your fucking legs closed. That's your choice.

That said you will never see me make an effort to prevent a self absorbed sociopath "woman" from having her genetic garbage sucked down a drain. I don't want such women having children at all.

Taxes - Nobody wants to pay more taxes. The individuals who pay the most income taxes (federal, state or local) deserve to have the most say -- as individuals or collectively as a category of individuals -- about how the respective government to which they paid their income tax spends the money

The 8 dudes who contribute to HALF of the income tax get half the say how it's spent? How about everyone pays %5 across the board and can choose what gets funded?

Education - Going to school is the job children must perform. They can either do what it takes to meet expectations or not -- expectations being defined as what it takes to master fully the material being taught, i.e, earn an "A" -- but no matter whether they do master the material, what they do in school will have a durable impact on what they do as adults. It's not a child's fault that his parents failed to deliver that message and motivate behavior that ensures the least possible deleterious downstream impact, but it's not the rest of society's fault either; thus I have little tolerance for the sad stories about how formerly low to mediocre performing students can't achieve as they may later in life want to.

Bring school funding and control back to localities. The more you add bigger government and throw money at ghettos, the worse the results. Not every kid is college material. Provide them with basic math and reading skills then push them towards trade and technical programs.

Mod Edit to fix quotes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guns are already protected by the 2nd amendment, never were in trouble. Scare tactics.

Those who pay more get more say? The country cannot withstand that concept. That's pure plutocracy. Their voices should mean no more than someone else. If they get any more say than they have now I could not support the nation where I was born. Period.

Abortion? Not for it.

School? I've always said school is what you make of it. Blaming teachers is a scapegoat excuse.

NOTE:
The title question does not ask where you stand relative to or in judgment of where someone else stands. Please be cognizant of that in your initial thread post, a post that should identify your views, not what you think of others.
Gun laws are illegal only law for guns should be 2nd amendment
Abortion is murder period. I am also a believer in eugenics so exceptions can be made for mentally deficient babies or if parents are not mentally fit or the baby or mothers life is in danger, also have voluntary abortion then you should be steriluzed to fix any future issues!
Taxes are fine as long as they are used for the good of the people on education,healthcare,etc NOT illegal wars and foreign aid
Education should be paid for via taxes k-college students should have strengths found and should be urged to pursue careers in those areas.

The 8 dudes who contribute to HALF of the income tax get half the say how it's spent? How about everyone pays %5 across the board and can choose what gets funded?
  1. Let's be real. You and I both know you aren't talking about "8 dudes [or gals]."
  2. Even if everyone paid 5% of their income, the richest people would still contribute the majority share of the money.
  3. The richest 20% of the American taxpaying population pay 69% of all federal taxes By what sense of equity can one declare that the people paying the most should not have the greatest degree of influence over what the government does with the money contributed? Taxes is simply the money contributed to pay for the body of services that a government provides.
    • Major donors to charities have a substantive say in how their contributions are used.
    • Majority/plurality shareholders in a company (public or private) have the largest say in what the company does.
It's the same with government, as well it should be.

If one is among crowd that wants to cut entitlement spending, it stands to reason that one wants to see fewer federal/state resources directed toward people who pay little or no income taxes. If one were to ask the recipients of those resources whether they are okay with that, they'd likely to a person say "no," naturally. Yet the people who want to reduce the quantity of those expenditures are necessarily the people who pay more in taxes than are the people who receive the resources.

That is merely another application of the notion that the people who pay more income tax should have more say in how the tax dollars are spent. If one is fine with that principle's application to public assistance spending, one should be fine with it applied in general, unless the principle itself is flawed, in which case it has no merit in any sense, other than being a manifestation of having one's cake and eating it too.​

1. The richest 20% of the American taxpaying population pay 69% of all federal taxes By what sense of equity can one declare that the people paying the most should not have the greatest degree of influence over what the government does with the money contributed?

Your own words.

The individuals who pay the most income taxes (federal, state or local) deserve to have the most say -- as individuals or collectively as a category of individuals -- about how the respective government to which they paid their income tax spends the money.

NOTE:
  • Gun Control/Rights - Guns aren't the problem. They are inanimate objects. No more responsible for killing people than are pots and pans responsible for fat people.
  • Abortion - Was first trimester pro choice until I saw the disgusting Planned Butcherhood clandestine videos. Abortionists are ghouls and closeted promoters of eugenics. Don't want to get pregnant, be responsible. Don't want to be responsible, deal with the consequences like an adult.
  • Taxes - Legalized Theft.
  • Education - The responsibility of the parents. Period.

1. The richest 20% of the American taxpaying population pay 69% of all federal taxes By what sense of equity can one declare that the people paying the most should not have the greatest degree of influence over what the government does with the money contributed?

Your own words.

The individuals who pay the most income taxes (federal, state or local) deserve to have the most say -- as individuals or collectively as a category of individuals -- about how the respective government to which they paid their income tax spends the money.

I know that I did say that. I stand by it. I don't know what you think those comments mean.

In 2014, people with adjusted gross income, or AGI, above $250,000 paid just over half (51.6%) of all individual income taxes, though they accounted for only 2.7% of all returns filed, according to our analysis of preliminary IRS data. By contrast, people with incomes of less than $50,000 accounted for 62.3% of all individual returns filed, but they paid just 5.7% of total taxes.

The share that the top two tiers of taxpayers paid increased in 2015 to over 58% from it's just-shy-of-58% level in 2014.

FF491_1.png

Let's look at some simple math:
That means approximately 3M returns/filers account for over half of the money the federal government collected as federal income tax.
That means that some ~3M people, on average, pay ~$513,000 in income taxes.
Well, for my $500K+ in federal income taxes, I damn sure think I should have more say in how the government spends that money than should someone who paid significantly less than that. And, yes, I'm okay with the even smaller quantity of people who paid millions in income taxes having even more say.

2010 Federal income taxes paid:
2005 Federal income taxes paid:
  • The share of taxes paid by the bottom 50 percent of taxpayers will fall from 4.1 percent to 3.6 percent.
  • The share of taxes paid by the top 1 percent of taxpayers will rise from 32.3 percent to 33.7 percent.
2002 Federal income taxes paid:
  • In 2002, the top 5 percent of taxpayers paid more than one-half (53.8 percent) of all individual income taxes, but reported roughly one-third (30.6 percent) of income.
  • The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid 33.7 percent of all individual income taxes in 2002. This group of taxpayers has paid more than 30 percent of individual income taxes since 1995. Moreover, since 1990 this group's tax share has grown faster than their income share

Forum List

Back