Four Americans Killed on Yacht Hijacked by Somali Pirates

There is only one way to deal with pirates; the old fashioned way.

Norwegian shipper: kill pirates 'on the spot' - Boston.com

OSLO, Norway—A Norwegian shipping magnate was strongly criticized Wednesday for suggesting that pirates captured off the Horn of Africa should be sunk with their skiffs or executed on the spot.

"When (piracy) implies a great risk of being caught and hanged, and the cost of losing ships and weapons becomes too big, it will decrease and eventually disappear," Stolt-Nielsen wrote Tuesday in Norwegian financial newspaper Dagens Naeringsliv.

"Pirates captured in international waters have always been punished by death, often on the spot," he wrote, arguing that modern navies should deal with the problem like Roman pirate hunter Pompey did more than 2,000 years ago.

"Not arrest them and say, 'naughty, naughty, shame on you,' and release them again, but sink their boats with all hands," Stolt-Nielsen wrote. "The pirates won't be frightened by being placed before a civilian court."

I really like this guy.

Wondering what critics STRONGLY critisized Stolt-Nielson, I read the article:

The article drew sharp criticism in Norway, a seafaring nation known as a peace broker in many of the world's armed conflicts and as the home of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Jacqueline Smith, president of the Norwegian Seafarers Union, described Stolt-Nielsen's views as "barbaric" and said killing pirates could endanger the 700 seafarers now held as hostages in Somalia.

Piracy in the busy shipping lanes off the African nation has flourished since its government collapsed in 1991.

Erik Lahnstein, state secretary at Norway's Foreign Ministry, said basic human rights must apply also to pirates, and noted that "even for the most gruesome crimes, we do not have death penalty in Norway."

Well, now, I suppose all I gotta do is kidnap a few hundred Norweigans, and then I can rape and pillage Norway to my hearts content? After all, if you try to stop me, I might kill all the hostages!!

And to think Norway was home to Vikings.:(

At least there's one Viking Left in Norway:

Stolt-Nielsen acknowledged that killing pirates could trigger a backlash against crews held hostage. "But you can't make an omelet without breaking eggs. This is war and warfare costs lives," he wrote.

Driving a yacht near Somalia, is like driving a Escalade near Detroit.

Detroit is bad but even Detroit is like Sweden compared to Somalia.

Somalia is a beautiful country with wonderful people.

But the Western media only likes to show the city of Mogadishu where the problems are.

Which would be like saying all of America is like Detroit.

Actually the northern 1/3'rd of Somalia called Puntland has a robust economy.

The money's got to go somewhere. :razz:

And so does the bottom 1/3'rd called Somali Land.

And there as well. It's certainly not being spent where the Pirates are hanging around whilst ripping the world off.

Ooops, not supposed to mention that Sunni Man?

Western nations have been using the Somali coastal waters as a toxic dumping ground for the last several years.

Which is ruining the fishing and health of the coastal people.

Plus fishing trawlers from various nations troll the Somali waters with massive nets that leave no fish for the local fishermen.

Forcing them to engage is piracy in order to feed their families and villages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Western nations have been using the Somali coastal waters as a toxic dumping ground for the last several years.

Plus fishing trawlers from various nations troll the Somali waters with massive nets that leave no fish for the local fishermen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N2RSl0o7hY

Well Somalia has been using middle Tennessee as a dumping ground for their unwanted humanity for the last few years so I'd say we work out a trade. We'll fish the Atlantic and they can take their people back.

Well Somalia has been using middle Tennessee as a dumping ground for their unwanted humanity for the last few years so I'd say we work out a trade. We'll fish the Atlantic and they can take their people back.
Being that it's the back woods of Tennessee.

I am sure the Somali people have added some class to the place. :eusa_angel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N2RSl0o7hY

So there will be more pirates? Most of the Somali's here just go onto welfare or into low paid jobs as they have no qualifications and don't try to get them. So I agree with you, out of all the refugee groups Somali's are pretty much the most unproductive and useless (they cost more to bring in than the others, take more than they receive for no benefit whatsoever), and the skills they have in Somalia are either stealing from others (and killing where required for food) or piracy.

Forum List

Back