Founding Fathers Battle Gun Control From The Grave!

Something like that.

If your point is that it can't happen, then you are simply naive. A gun is not a gun. Despite the anti-liberty crowd's collective pants wetting over the issue. The so-called "Assault rifles" in civilian hands are not actually "Assault rifles" in real life. I know they make you wet your pants like they are, but that's just looks not operation. The government on the other hand, has Assault Rifles and they are the real thing.

They are also willing to use armor should it come to it. Remember the scene from Waco as the Bradley Fighting Vehicles advanced on the compound? But, besides, forcible confiscation is probably not the direction they will go. That's a losing proposition and they know it. There wouldn't be anyone that would do the job after the first week. The only way to do it is gradually by making more and more people criminals if they don't comply. Then they can be arrested for breaking the regulation. Comply or lose your freedom. Simple as that. The government has no interest in keeping you in jail, they just want your guns, so they will cut pleas all day long. You bring in your guns and we'll release you with a $25 fine.

That only works with registration though. With registration, they know my car, where I work, where I live and whatever else they want to put on the registration form. That way, they can stop me on a routine traffic stop when the type of rifle they decided to ban this week has not been turned in to them by me. On a traffic stop, I don't know I'm supposed to be shooting the cop right away. It's only after they have me in cuffs that I find out it isn't a bad tail light, but a gun they are after. Much safer for them that way.
Do you see these regulations being written at the state or federal level?
Recent SCOTUS opinions haven't gone in favor of outlawing private ownership of guns.
Whoever you imagine "they" are, "they" aren't going to rewrite the Second Amendment without getting an earful (at least) from tens of millions of bed-wetting gun pussies (and their lawyers).

That doesn't mean that your commie President won't ignore the Constituion, like he did with the NLRB appointments to get what he wants.

ORR
He's not my president or any kind of communist, and the NLRB doesn't enjoy the same constitutional guarantees the Second Amendment does. Worry more about his Social Security "reform."

Forum List

Back