Founding Era USMB Book Club

Well, are you wanting the focus to be on the war in North America? Because from the reviews it appears the one I posted goes beyond that.

It is not necessary with The Seven Years War. The war itself plays an integral part in our founding history, in my opinion. The war is a good primer and foundation for our founding history.

Well I think it would be good to get one that describes all theatre of the war, beyond just what happened here. That would provide a deeper understanding of the history of our founding. JMO.
I am open to reading it. :) Whatever the majority of members decide is fine with me.

In my opinion, the definitive book on the Seven Years War is "Crucible of War" by Fred Anderson. You can find used paperback copies cheap.

Amazon.com: Crucible of War: The Seven Years' War and the Fate of Empire in British North America, 1754-1766 (9780375706363): Fred Anderson: Books

If anyone has other suggestions for a Seven Years War book, feel free to speak up.
This sounds interesting too :)

(now watch... I'll buy them all LOL)

Damn you!

I have the Fred Anderson book. It rocks Emma. I loaned out one of my hardcover copies and haven't gotten it back, otherwise I would send you that spare copy. :(

I am a good influence and you know it. :cool:

And seeing how Terry just won a book from the BGG library, she best show up in the thread this week, and put her 2 cents in. lol

Bump for bookworms who haven't responded yet, and a reminder to those that have, to pick a book for The Seven Years War.

Forum List

Back