Foundations In Faith

Why is it so difficult for those of "Faith" to, at some point in their lives, re-examine the foundations of their faith.

Born again is not a re-evaluation of religion....We are not talking about simply agreeing to confirm what you already believe.

The churches have had to back peddle several times over the centuries to account for science. They have in fact had to re-examine their own foundations. These enlightenment's have resulted in a change of the interpretations previously held sacred.

Point being that even at the top there has been numerous precedent of the practice of religion taking another honest look at itself. Why then is it so forbidden for the individual to stop somewhere along their life and take an honest hard look at what they believe.

Do you as a Christian or a Muslim ever take another look at your religion?

This doesn't just happen with religion, but politics and science (just to name two others) as well. It's human nature. (Isn't that obvious???)

That's my specialty. I like to explore the often over looked obvious question. Minutia isn't really my game.

Forum List

Back