Found money...

What would you do with the money you found?

• Keep it and say nothing.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
Let's say for the sake of conversation that you were walking down the street and found an envelope just laying on the sidewalk that had a person's name and address clearly printed on the outside of it and inside the envelope were 10 new crisp $100.00 bills. What would you do? Would you keep it? Would you try to contact the person so you could return the money to him personally? Would you turn the envelope and money over to the local police? How would you handle this situation?

I personally would turn the money over to the local police. It may have already been reported as lost. If not, the police could contact the individual and let them know the money had been found and turned into them by a person who desired to remain nameless.

Last edited:
Let's say for the sake of conversation that you were walking down the street and found an envelope just laying on the sidewalk that had a person's name and address clearly printed on the outside of it and inside the envelope were 10 new crisp $100.00 bills. What would you do? Would you keep it? Would you try to contact the person so you could return the money to him personally? Would you turn the envelope and money over to the local police? How would you handle this situation?

I personally would turn the money over to the local police. It may have already been reported as lost. If not, the police could contact the individual and let them know the money had been found and turned into them by a person who desired to remain nameless.

I picked return to owner since I would have their address.

I did this very thing about a month ago when I was on the T (public train in boston). I actually found a bible on the seat and it had congratulations cards in it with some money in them.

Luckily the person (turned out to be a teenage boy) put their name and adress on the inside cover. I carried it with me all day and on my way home I went by the house that was at the address in the inside cover, and gave it back to him. He told me God would have my back for being a good person.

You should have seen his facial expression when i gave him the bible and everything was still there. That was worth the extra 30 min on my way home!!!

I chose the police, but it was a tossup.

If I chose to keep it, I definitely would say nothing because I would be ashamed and embarrassed for my thoughless actions.

Forum List

Back