Found: 1950's advertisements that promoted fossil fuel was good for the environment

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
It took me along time searching on the internet but I finnaly found the advertisements that the left was talking about on how climate change denier are just like big tobacco was in advertisements in print , radio, film , sponsoring sporting events ..

ZomboMeme 21102018175224.jpg
ZomboMeme 21102018174847.jpg

ZomboMeme 21102018175344.jpg

Sachs: Big Oil will have to pay up, like Big Tobacco (opinion) - CNN

Sachs: Big Oil will have to pay up, like Big Tobacco

• Jeffrey Sachs: Fossil fuel companies will soon face financial reckoning as courts hold them liable for damages caused by climate change
  • Big Tobacco is implicated in causation of health problems -- Big Oil will also be a target for civil damages and compensation

(CNN)Here is a message to investors in the oil industry, whether pension and insurance funds, university endowments, hedge funds or other asset managers: Your investments are going to sour. The growing devastation caused by climate change, as seen this month in Texas, Florida and the Caribbean, are going to blow a hole in your fossil-fuel portfolio.

170707103741-jeffrey-sachs-headshot-medium-plus-169.jpg
Jeffrey Sachs
Not only will the companies you own suffer as society begins to abandon fossil fuels in earnest, they will also be dragged through the courts here and abroad for their long-standing malfeasance and denial of what they have done to the world.

Climate change deniers, mainly politicians in the pay of the oil industry, protest that there is no proof that destructive storms and floods are the result of human-induced global warming. Who can say that a Hurricane Harvey or Irma wouldn't have occurred in the past?

Such a defense -- the cynical shrug -- will not play for much longer, either in the court of public opinion or in courts of law in the United States and abroad. The risks of climate-related disasters are real and rising, and soon it won't matter politically or legally that any particular event might have occurred even without human-induced ...

Attachments

• ZomboMeme 21102018175344.jpg
    ZomboMeme 21102018175344.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 44
the environment is a lot different than the human body/people smoking
damages by climate change?---that will be a looooong stretch

It drives me crazy when I here them comparing the two..

You notice this guy saying it doesn't matter if man created it or not fossil fuel must pay.

I don't know anything about some imaginary "environment" that's supposed to be out there somewhere. But I do know that without fossil fuels, people's lives would be pretty damned crappy.

It took me along time searching on the internet but I finnaly found the advertisements that the left was talking about on how climate change denier are just like big tobacco was in advertisements in print , radio, film , sponsoring sporting events ..

View attachment 224016 View attachment 224014

View attachment 224017

Sachs: Big Oil will have to pay up, like Big Tobacco (opinion) - CNN

Sachs: Big Oil will have to pay up, like Big Tobacco

• Jeffrey Sachs: Fossil fuel companies will soon face financial reckoning as courts hold them liable for damages caused by climate change
  • Big Tobacco is implicated in causation of health problems -- Big Oil will also be a target for civil damages and compensation

(CNN)Here is a message to investors in the oil industry, whether pension and insurance funds, university endowments, hedge funds or other asset managers: Your investments are going to sour. The growing devastation caused by climate change, as seen this month in Texas, Florida and the Caribbean, are going to blow a hole in your fossil-fuel portfolio.

170707103741-jeffrey-sachs-headshot-medium-plus-169.jpg
Jeffrey Sachs
Not only will the companies you own suffer as society begins to abandon fossil fuels in earnest, they will also be dragged through the courts here and abroad for their long-standing malfeasance and denial of what they have done to the world.

Climate change deniers, mainly politicians in the pay of the oil industry, protest that there is no proof that destructive storms and floods are the result of human-induced global warming. Who can say that a Hurricane Harvey or Irma wouldn't have occurred in the past?

Such a defense -- the cynical shrug -- will not play for much longer, either in the court of public opinion or in courts of law in the United States and abroad. The risks of climate-related disasters are real and rising, and soon it won't matter politically or legally that any particular event might have occurred even without human-induced ...
I tried smoking. It was joyful as smacking my head with a brick. My dad and mother used to smoke, so did many of my relatives. Most of which are dead now because of lung cancer. Hell, doctors used to say smoking was healthy and good for you. The tobacco industry couldn't have possibly tampered with empirical evidence. Gays have buku bucks. Now doctors that say homosexuality isn't a mental disorder. Because, well, who would want to let reality stand in the way of profits?

Last edited:
I don't know anything about some imaginary "environment" that's supposed to be out there somewhere. But I do know that without fossil fuels, people's lives would be pretty damned crappy.

It's like what the heck did they think people would do , stop driving cars? Stop playing their records or wearing shoes made with oil based plastics?

Forum List

Back