Foster Parents Force Children to Dig Own Graves

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
Full Story

I just found this story on CNN. It makes me both sick and angry. These people should spend the rest of their lives in solitary confinement.

TRENTON, Tennessee (AP) -- A couple facing criminal abuse charges forced some of their 18 foster, adopted and biological children -- many of them disabled -- to dig their own graves, warning the youngsters they could be killed and nobody would care, according to investigative documents.

The article also told of other abusive practices, such as making the children sleep in small, metal cages, taking away their glasses, crutches, etc., and making them sit on the floor with their noses against the wall (fairly standard punishment in small doses) for over 7 hours.

In a perfect world, they would be placed in the care of those children when they were too old to care for themselves, but this isn't a perfect world, so I'll have to settle for a maximum security prison.

I tried for so long to have children. How anyone Blessed enough to have so many children that could love them, does this, I'm sick!
And those poor kids. I so wished I could bring them all to live with me. This is just horrible!!!

What a sickening story. These people should be forced to lie in the graves they made the children dig while the children bury them in it. These children will all be scarred from these two for the rest of their natural lives.

THe part that really breaks my heart is the fact that these kids have no one. They will be passed on to the next family or institution which may or may not be able to help them. A lot of them will grow up with no real ties or bonds with anyone.

Well,the system at work again. I think they will give foster kids to anyone. No one checks on them(at least not enough apparently). I think there are good foster parents out there,but I also believe a lot of them are in it for the almighty dollar. As far as these two assholes,I agree with the punishment stated earlier about them lying in those graves. They should be made to do what they made the children do,and then,put in solitary confinment for a while.

I agree, there are good foster parents out there who go without notice, like many bad ones manage to bluff their way through inspections.
Foster parenting is something I seriously considered before seperating with my husband. I don't think I would be able to do it now. Many of the kids I work with have been in and out of the system since birth, sometimes it's hard to let them go home with their parents.

Forum List

Back