Forum Running Like Shit Again...

You've probably been put on slowdown. Ask the mods. Some don't take kindly to liberals posting here.

I'm not a liberal.................................. How many liberals are Pro-guns, Pro-life, and Pro-death penalty?
Plenty

Yeah, no. Tighter gun control, Pro-choice, and against the death penalty are pillars of the liberal agenda.
There are more than 3 issues in the world. Maybe you are a conservative.

REALLY?!!? I had no idea... there are more than 3 issues in the world?!!? GTFO...

Thus why I'm not a Conservative either any longer. I have beliefs that come from both parties, thus why I have said since I joined this forum I'm an Independent.

Do you understand there is more than just 2 options to political affiliation?

So now back to the topic.

I run adblocker, Avast, I run CCleaner, my windows is updated fully, all my drivers are updated fully, I have 8 GB RAM. The problem is one of the ads runs on shockwave and it takes a while for it to load to be blocked.
You're on slowdown, you have a virus/spyware, or your adblocker sucks.

Every time I click on a page it takes a good 15 seconds or more before the page "finishes" loading so that I can type or scroll on the page. I have Adblocker so I'm not seeing the ads, but I'm positive the same fucking complicated ads that causes everyone trouble all the time is what is causing the problem. Is there not some ads out there that forum can use that doesn't make the forum run like shit?
You may want to 'clear browsing data.'

Have you restarted your computer recently. It may help.

Have you installed all updates? If not, do so.

I have none of the problems you describe.

Yes to all of the above and I do not have this problem on any other tab in my browser. This has been an ongoing problem for a long time.
Okay. I can assure you, the problem is not USMB it is your computer.

Do a full scan of your hard drive.

And I can assure you given the many threads about this and even the other posters in this thread having the same problem that it is not.
I am sorry you have having trouble, but I am not having any of the problems you describe and suspect many others aren't either. The site works perfectly for me and has for years.

I'm not a liberal.................................. How many liberals are Pro-guns, Pro-life, and Pro-death penalty?
Plenty

Yeah, no. Tighter gun control, Pro-choice, and against the death penalty are pillars of the liberal agenda.

REALLY?!!? I had no idea... there are more than 3 issues in the world?!!? GTFO...

Thus why I'm not a Conservative either any longer. I have beliefs that come from both parties, thus why I have said since I joined this forum I'm an Independent.

I run adblocker, Avast, I run CCleaner, my windows is updated fully, all my drivers are updated fully, I have 8 GB RAM. The problem is one of the ads runs on shockwave and it takes a while for it to load to be blocked.

No, I do not. Everything has been checked, cleaned, and is up to date. I run AdBlocker, not just any Ad blocker.

The problem is the the huge Ad this site uses that uses shockwave. This has been complained about on here for months. If it was my computer it would do it on more sites than JUST this one.

Every time I click on a page it takes a good 15 seconds or more before the page "finishes" loading so that I can type or scroll on the page. I have Adblocker so I'm not seeing the ads, but I'm positive the same fucking complicated ads that causes everyone trouble all the time is what is causing the problem. Is there not some ads out there that forum can use that doesn't make the forum run like shit?

Yes to all of the above and I do not have this problem on any other tab in my browser. This has been an ongoing problem for a long time.

And I can assure you given the many threads about this and even the other posters in this thread having the same problem that it is not.
I am sorry you have having trouble, but I am not having any of the problems you describe and suspect many others aren't either. The site works perfectly for me and has for years.

You suspect, despite the many threads about this.

No, I do not. Everything has been checked, cleaned, and is up to date. I run AdBlocker, not just any Ad blocker.

The problem is the the huge Ad this site uses that uses shockwave. This has been complained about on here for months. If it was my computer it would do it on more sites than JUST this one.
Since I'm running a good adblocker instead of a shitty one, and I know that CCleaner can't detect spyware or viruses, I have no idea what ad you are talking about.

Since I'm running a good adblocker instead of a shitty one, and I know that CCleaner can't detect spyware or viruses, I have no idea what ad you are talking about.

It's the same ad people have been complaining about for months. I turned off AdBlocker here just to check and make sure that was the problem, and it is.

I never said CCleaner can detect viruses and spyware. That's why I run Avast and have for a long time. Please show me where I said CCleaner can detect viruses and spyware, anywhere.

Many of us aren't having problems. This would seem to implicate your system has the problem.

Many of us aren't having problems. This would seem to implicate your system has the problem.

...and MANY PEOPLE are having problems.

You're complaining that your free entertainment isn't working as well as you'd like?

Sense of entitlement much?

It's not free, they take donations to pay the server bills. If I donated and it still ran like this I'd be pretty pissed. Hell I would donate if it weren't for some of the shady shit that is allowed to go on here on the forum. Hell I'd donate if they enforced the one simple rule that I've complained about... and that is the one involving hate speech.

How much do you pay a month to be on this forum? If it is nothing, then it is free. Good grief.

I haven't had a problem for a couple weeks now. And it was terrible for a while. Spam, reloading , chrome telling me someone was trying to get in my shit..

Firefox has a java script-blocker called "YesScript"...it does the job but you can't use the smileys when it's turned on.

Forum List

Back