Forum for Serious Debate

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
What I think you guys should do is come up with some forums not open to anyone excpet donors over a certain level of, lets say, $10-$12 a month. Hopefully, that would:

1. Eliminate some of the responses that amount to just sniping. The thought is that the guys who are just here to make a stink won't part with that much coin but will still be welcomed in the free forums. Some will pay that much (see point #2), of course but you can relegate some fo the ham and eggers to the free-forums.

2. I'm not sure what the economics of running a message board are or if the moderators are currently paid but perhaps raise the monthly sum to a dollar figure ($19.95/mth) that would allow for enhanced moderation so obvious hairbrained posts are removed more expediently and... (see point #3).

3. Sanction frequent abusers of the forum. Nobody likes being a cop and nobody likes being sanctioned but, of all the boards I have been on, I don't think I've encountered one that was so 50/50 on the moderation as this one...there seems to be a very good mechanism in place that takes care of the board. However, what I'm speaking of is that if you're in the pay forum, you can request the more vulgar material be removed or the poster be warned that it isn't allowed in the pay forum. For example, One picture I saw today had animated feces coming out of Ms. Clinton's mouth....really? Do we need to allow that? I would expect as much from the drive-by posters but if you have this other forum with ehhanced moderation; you could better police the landscape. Which leads me to point #4.

4. Clarify what we're paying for. There seems to be a bunch of different levels of contributors. This would allow Diamond Members a Diamond Level access for example.

5 Mind you, I'm not talking about having one forum as to where those chipping in $10-$15 a month get a forum to have better converations. Rather I'm envisioning a whole separate mesage board to where passionate topics such as Poltics, Sports, Elections, Obamacare, Military Defense topics, etc... and posters who are passionate about those topics can have an elevated discussion if they choose. If not, they can go to the free forum and engage in the verbal destruction derby.

What I think you guys should do is come up with some forums not open to anyone excpet donors over a certain level of, lets say, $10-$12 a month.

[...]
Such a policy would drive away 98% of existing participants who would simply migrate to another forum leaving a very small group of individuals who would soon become bored with each other.

You can achieve the kind of situation you would like to have by simply using the Ignore feature. Using this feature enables you to virtually banish any participant whom you find offensive or redundant.

Have you tried it?

What I think you guys should do is come up with some forums not open to anyone excpet donors over a certain level of, lets say, $10-$12 a month.

[...]
Such a policy would drive away 98% of existing participants who would simply migrate to another forum leaving a very small group of individuals who would soon become bored with each other.

You can achieve the kind of situation you would like to have by simply using the Ignore feature. Using this feature enables you to virtually banish any participant whom you find offensive or redundant.

Have you tried it?

Extensively.

I think you underestimate the people here. There is a reason there are so many here so often when there is nothing to discuss.

What I think you guys should do is come up with some forums not open to anyone excpet donors over a certain level of, lets say, $10-$12 a month. Hopefully, that would:

1. Eliminate some of the responses that amount to just sniping. The thought is that the guys who are just here to make a stink won't part with that much coin but will still be welcomed in the free forums. Some will pay that much (see point #2), of course but you can relegate some fo the ham and eggers to the free-forums.

2. I'm not sure what the economics of running a message board are or if the moderators are currently paid but perhaps raise the monthly sum to a dollar figure ($19.95/mth) that would allow for enhanced moderation so obvious hairbrained posts are removed more expediently and... (see point #3).

3. Sanction frequent abusers of the forum. Nobody likes being a cop and nobody likes being sanctioned but, of all the boards I have been on, I don't think I've encountered one that was so 50/50 on the moderation as this one...there seems to be a very good mechanism in place that takes care of the board. However, what I'm speaking of is that if you're in the pay forum, you can request the more vulgar material be removed or the poster be warned that it isn't allowed in the pay forum. For example, One picture I saw today had animated feces coming out of Ms. Clinton's mouth....really? Do we need to allow that? I would expect as much from the drive-by posters but if you have this other forum with ehhanced moderation; you could better police the landscape. Which leads me to point #4.

4. Clarify what we're paying for. There seems to be a bunch of different levels of contributors. This would allow Diamond Members a Diamond Level access for example.

5 Mind you, I'm not talking about having one forum as to where those chipping in $10-$15 a month get a forum to have better converations. Rather I'm envisioning a whole separate mesage board to where passionate topics such as Poltics, Sports, Elections, Obamacare, Military Defense topics, etc... and posters who are passionate about those topics can have an elevated discussion if they choose. If not, they can go to the free forum and engage in the verbal destruction derby.

Why would a far left drone want this?

99.9% of your religious dogma posts would not be allowed and then you would have noting to really post..

But if you want to pay here and say nothing that is your choice, but I doubt that the far left drones would do that!

Forum List

Back