Fortress of War

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
In 2010, a Russian-Belarus collaboration created one of the best World War 2 movies ever.

Fortress of War.

The movie is based on an actual battle, and is reportedly pretty faithful to what actually happened.

At the beginning of WW2, Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia were allies. But in 1941, Hitler turned on Stalin and invaded Russia in what was known as Operation Barbarossa.

This movie is about the opening days of that invasion, and takes place at the Brest Fortress in the Byelorussian SSR. It is portrayed from a sympathetic perspective of the Soviet defenders.

Hey, Nazis and Commies slaying each other in large numbers. What's not to like?

A very well made film. If you ever have a chance to see it, do so.

Yes, it's in a foreign language, and you will have to read subtitles. Unless you speak Russian, comrade. So what.

Here's a trailer, dubbed in German. Because I like irony.

another good one G5000 , check out the Trailers on 'YOUTUBE' . Russian movie called 'Come and See' . --- ---

and then the Russian made Stalingrad is another good one .

In 2010, a Russian-Belarus collaboration created one of the best World War 2 movies ever.

Fortress of War.

The movie is based on an actual battle, and is reportedly pretty faithful to what actually happened.

At the beginning of WW2, Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia were allies. But in 1941, Hitler turned on Stalin and invaded Russia in what was known as Operation Barbarossa.

This movie is about the opening days of that invasion, and takes place at the Brest Fortress in the Byelorussian SSR. It is portrayed from a sympathetic perspective of the Soviet defenders.

Hey, Nazis and Commies slaying each other in large numbers. What's not to like?

A very well made film. If you ever have a chance to see it, do so.

Yes, it's in a foreign language, and you will have to read subtitles. Unless you speak Russian, comrade. So what.

Here's a trailer, dubbed in German. Because I like irony.

Looks pretty damn good.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

its got some weird moments or minutes , symbolism i guess but excellent film imo , G5000 .

Forum List

Back