Fort Worth Mayor Apologizes For Police Shooting; Officer Resigns

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA
Fort Worth Officer Resigns After Fatal Shooting of Black Woman

"A Fort Worth, Texas, police officer who fatally shot an African-American woman in her own home resigned Monday, the same day her family called for the officer to be arrested and prosecuted."

The Mayor of Fort Worth (Betsy Price) went on to issue an apology to the family of the victim where she states "nothing can justify this shooting" --- should she be voted out of office for failing to back the police at all costs??

Does this prove that Betsy Price hates white people because she didn't stand up for this officer who shot this black thug to defend his own life?? Or are the actions of this guy so obviously wrong that even a republican mayor of Fort Worth can't even pretend otherwise??

You know, there are several things here...........

First off, the police weren't called in for an emergency or criminal call, they were called on a non emergency number for a routine welfare check.

Second, if you saw the video footage on television from the cop's body cam, you would have seen that he fired his weapon before he finished telling her to show him her hands. Matter of fact, he fired his weapon just before he said the final word.

The woman was in her own house, and the doors were open, which is why a neighbor called in a welfare check. Since the lights were on in the house, and the door was open, why in the hell didn't they go in through the front door where they could actually see what was going on? And, considering the fact that there was an 8 year old boy in the house that the woman was watching, it's lucky he didn't get shot as well.

Personally? I think the cop was wrong to fire as soon as they did, and there might need to be a trial to see if he is guilty of manslaughter or murder.

First off, the police weren't called in for an emergency or criminal call, they were called on a non emergency number for a routine welfare check.

Second, if you saw the video footage on television from the cop's body cam, you would have seen that he fired his weapon before he finished telling her to show him her hands. Matter of fact, he fired his weapon just before he said the final word.

The woman was in her own house, and the doors were open, which is why a neighbor called in a welfare check. Since the lights were on in the house, and the door was open, why in the hell didn't they go in through the front door where they could actually see what was going on? And, considering the fact that there was an 8 year old boy in the house that the woman was watching, it's lucky he didn't get shot as well.

Personally? I think the cop was wrong to fire as soon as they did, and there might need to be a trial to see if he is guilty of manslaughter or murder.

Nothing says 'welfare' like shooting to death the unarmed person you were sent to check on.

I've lived in Ft. Worth. I'm glad I never called for a welfare check.

You know, this incident kinda freaked me out, because a few years back, one of my neighbors saw the girl next door breaking into her house (she had forgotten her keys apparently).

Well, they called the police to report suspicious activity, but instead of searching the house directly to the north of mine, they started to run around my house, shining flashlights into the windows and looking in. Usually, the only light on in my house is the television in the living room, and the kitchen light. When they were peeking around the house, I was at my computer on the message boards.

Well, I walked outside, and asked what was going on. The police told me that they had reports of suspicious activity in the area and were checking it out. I saw the screen on the ground under the girl's room window, pointed it out to the police, and told them they had gotten the address wrong. All of the conversation was polite and friendly, and not once did they draw their weapons that I could see. When I told them it was more than likely the next door neighbor girl was spotted breaking into her house, they said thanks, checked it out, and left a short time later.

I shudder to think of how wrong it could have possibly gone, like this one for instance.

You gotta be kidding. Does the Ft. Worth chief think it's over if he apologizes for the murder of a citizen by a Police Officer? Here's a tip Chief, tell the world that your training is criminally inadequate and you are resigning for having failed to do your duty.

Nothing says 'welfare' like shooting to death the unarmed person you were sent to check on.

I've lived in Ft. Worth. I'm glad I never called for a welfare check.
Well this is certainly relevant to cops killing citizens routinely.

You gotta be kidding. Does the Ft. Worth chief think it's over if he apologizes for the murder of a citizen by a Police Officer? Here's a tip Chief, tell the world that your training is criminally inadequate and you are resigning for having failed to do your duty.
The police cannot even police themselves.

Don’t be white and make a mistake.. democrats got the lynching out .. this guy should run

Don’t be white and make a mistake.. democrats got the lynching out .. this guy should run
Mistakes that happen routinely as a matter of course are not mistakes.

"WHITE SUPREMACISTS AND other domestic extremists maintain an active presence in U.S. police departments and other law enforcement agencies. A striking reference to that conclusion, notable for its confidence and the policy prescriptions that accompany it, appears in a classified FBI Counterterrorism Policy Guide from April 2015, obtained by The Intercept. The guide, which details the process by which the FBI enters individuals on a terrorism watchlist, the Known or Suspected Terrorist File, notes that “domestic terrorism investigations focused on militia extremists, white supremacist extremists, and sovereign citizen extremists often have identified active links to law enforcement officers,” and explains in some detail how bureau policies have been crafted to take this infiltration into account.

Although these right-wing extremists have posed a growing threat for years, federal investigators have been reluctant to publicly address that threat or to point out the movement’s longstanding strategy of infiltrating the law enforcement community.

No centralized recruitment process or set of national standards exists for the 18,000 law enforcement agencies in the United States, many of which have deep historical connections to racist ideologies. As a result, state and local police as well as sheriff’s departments present ample opportunities for white supremacists and other right-wing extremists looking to expand their power base.

In a heavily redacted version of an October 2006 FBI internal intelligence assessment, the agency raised the alarm over white supremacist groups’ “historical” interest in “infiltrating law enforcement communities or recruiting law enforcement personnel.” The effort, the memo noted, “can lead to investigative breaches and can jeopardize the safety of law enforcement sources or personnel.” The memo also states that law enforcement had recently become aware of the term “ghost skins,” used among white supremacists to describe “those who avoid overt displays of their beliefs to blend into society and covertly advance white supremacist causes.” In at least one case, the FBI learned of a skinhead group encouraging ghost skins to seek employment with law enforcement agencies in order to warn crews of any investigations.

That report appeared after a series of scandals involving local police and sheriff’s departments. In Los Angeles, for example, a U.S. District Court judge found in 1991 that members of a local sheriff’s department had formed a neo-Nazi gang and habitually terrorized black and Latino residents. In Chicago, Jon Burge, a police detective and rumored KKK member, was fired, and eventually prosecuted in 2008, over charges relating to the torture of at least 120 black men during his decadeslong career. Burge notoriously referred to an electric shock device he used during interrogations as the “****** box.” In Cleveland, officials found that a number of police officers had scrawled “racist or Nazi graffiti” throughout their department’s locker rooms. In Texas, two police officers were fired when it was discovered they were Klansmen. One of them said he had tried to boost the organization’s membership by giving an application to a fellow officer he thought shared his “white, Christian, heterosexual values.

Although the FBI has not publicly addressed the issue of white supremacist infiltration of law enforcement since that 2006 report, in a 2015 speech, FBI Director James Comey made an unprecedented acknowledgment of the role historically played by law enforcement in communities of color: “All of us in law enforcement must be honest enough to acknowledge that much of our history is not pretty.” Comey and the agency have been less forthcoming about that history’s continuation into the present."

The FBI Has Quietly Investigated White Supremacist Infiltration of Law Enforcement

There's no lynching. There is a criminal investigation into why a police officer shot to death a woman he was sent to do a welfare check on.

If recent history is any indication, that police officer can expect criminal charges.

Firing his weapon at her before she even has a chance to comply is criminal in my book. Watch the video, he fires the shot as he says the last word of his command. How in the hell is she supposed to comply in less than half a second?

I was on the Security Force team when I was stationed in Newport. One of the things we were taught was to give the person time to comply. Half a second isn't enough time to give before using deadly force. And, like I asked further up the thread, why in the hell were they sneaking around in the dark, when they should have walked into the open door, announced themselves as police officers doing a routine check and asked if she was okay. Maybe if they had been a little more Mayberry and a little less Rambo, the woman would be alive today.

"WHITE SUPREMACISTS AND other domestic extremists maintain an active presence in U.S. police departments and other law enforcement agencies. A striking reference to that conclusion, notable for its confidence and the policy prescriptions that accompany it, appears in a classified FBI Counterterrorism Policy Guide from April 2015, obtained by The Intercept. The guide, which details the process by which the FBI enters individuals on a terrorism watchlist, the Known or Suspected Terrorist File, notes that “domestic terrorism investigations focused on militia extremists, white supremacist extremists, and sovereign citizen extremists often have identified active links to law enforcement officers,” and explains in some detail how bureau policies have been crafted to take this infiltration into account.

Although these right-wing extremists have posed a growing threat for years, federal investigators have been reluctant to publicly address that threat or to point out the movement’s longstanding strategy of infiltrating the law enforcement community.

No centralized recruitment process or set of national standards exists for the 18,000 law enforcement agencies in the United States, many of which have deep historical connections to racist ideologies. As a result, state and local police as well as sheriff’s departments present ample opportunities for white supremacists and other right-wing extremists looking to expand their power base.

In a heavily redacted version of an October 2006 FBI internal intelligence assessment, the agency raised the alarm over white supremacist groups’ “historical” interest in “infiltrating law enforcement communities or recruiting law enforcement personnel.” The effort, the memo noted, “can lead to investigative breaches and can jeopardize the safety of law enforcement sources or personnel.” The memo also states that law enforcement had recently become aware of the term “ghost skins,” used among white supremacists to describe “those who avoid overt displays of their beliefs to blend into society and covertly advance white supremacist causes.” In at least one case, the FBI learned of a skinhead group encouraging ghost skins to seek employment with law enforcement agencies in order to warn crews of any investigations.

That report appeared after a series of scandals involving local police and sheriff’s departments. In Los Angeles, for example, a U.S. District Court judge found in 1991 that members of a local sheriff’s department had formed a neo-Nazi gang and habitually terrorized black and Latino residents. In Chicago, Jon Burge, a police detective and rumored KKK member, was fired, and eventually prosecuted in 2008, over charges relating to the torture of at least 120 black men during his decadeslong career. Burge notoriously referred to an electric shock device he used during interrogations as the “****** box.” In Cleveland, officials found that a number of police officers had scrawled “racist or Nazi graffiti” throughout their department’s locker rooms. In Texas, two police officers were fired when it was discovered they were Klansmen. One of them said he had tried to boost the organization’s membership by giving an application to a fellow officer he thought shared his “white, Christian, heterosexual values.

Although the FBI has not publicly addressed the issue of white supremacist infiltration of law enforcement since that 2006 report, in a 2015 speech, FBI Director James Comey made an unprecedented acknowledgment of the role historically played by law enforcement in communities of color: “All of us in law enforcement must be honest enough to acknowledge that much of our history is not pretty.” Comey and the agency have been less forthcoming about that history’s continuation into the present."

The FBI Has Quietly Investigated White Supremacist Infiltration of Law Enforcement
Didnt we defeat you kkk members in the 60’s?

The KKK was never defeated, they just changed their branding and look. They are still very much active and alive in this country today.

a) no
b) I never had any, did you?

The KKK was never defeated, they just changed their branding and look. They are still very much active and alive in this country today.
Yes I can see the democrats are back

Yes I can see the democrats are back

All you partisanshitheads sounds alike; tantrumy self-declared victims capable of nothing but flinging poo.

Forum List

Back