Fort Hood Mystery

You obviously do not speak from experience. Personnel on military bases don't walk around all day armed.......never have......ever.

No, they never have. Methinks that poster has never been on a state side military base.
You have zero knowledge of my experiences on military bases, state side or war zone. Piss off.

The fact is that soldiers should be permitted to carry their weapons at all times...to protect themselves and those assigned to them against the easily armed enemies that prevail when the soldiers are forced to disarm.

The fact is that the US military has never, ever agreed with your view. A weapon is a tool just like a shovel or a hammer. Do you think they should walk around with a shovel all day too? What purpose would it serve? How often do mass shootings happen on a state side military base that would warrant the actual need for everyone to walk around armed 24/7. I think the various branches of our military who train servicemen and women to be profecient in the use of firearms knows far better than you whether it is wise to have people walking around all day with a weapon.

I served as a Platoon Sergeant for 3 different platoons during my career. I was a bastard, idiot, moron, fuck head, dick weed, Mother Fucker, asshole and every other name you can think of. And it was all because it was my job to make sure my troops complete every mission, regardless of circumstances. If they had been armed 24/7 I probably would not be here today.

With all due respect to differing opinions, I did not mean to propose loaded, cocked and ready to fire weapons swinging in loosely guarded holsters. I've been many places where soldiers can carry their weapons to lunch or to the latrine if they want...with a loaded clip available for insertion when necessary. Dodge City is out of the question, but should a radical rise up and start firing, he would soon be dead...works much better than calling the police.

Coward gunmen like the Ft. Hood dog just love to be armed in places where others are not allowed to be armed. I say being armed is a good thing...being dead is not.

On edit:

...and if you ever visit my favorite policemen's club, where plain-clothed agents swap stories, tips and jokes, you won't find a single person there without a working weapon.

Last edited:
You have zero knowledge of my experiences on military bases, state side or war zone. Piss off.

The fact is that soldiers should be permitted to carry their weapons at all times...to protect themselves and those assigned to them against the easily armed enemies that prevail when the soldiers are forced to disarm.

The fact is that the US military has never, ever agreed with your view. A weapon is a tool just like a shovel or a hammer. Do you think they should walk around with a shovel all day too? What purpose would it serve? How often do mass shootings happen on a state side military base that would warrant the actual need for everyone to walk around armed 24/7. I think the various branches of our military who train servicemen and women to be profecient in the use of firearms knows far better than you whether it is wise to have people walking around all day with a weapon.

I served as a Platoon Sergeant for 3 different platoons during my career. I was a bastard, idiot, moron, fuck head, dick weed, Mother Fucker, asshole and every other name you can think of. And it was all because it was my job to make sure my troops complete every mission, regardless of circumstances. If they had been armed 24/7 I probably would not be here today.

Good answer......thanks

With all due respect to differing opinions, I did not mean to propose loaded, cocked and ready to fire weapons swinging in loosely guarded holsters. I've been many places where soldiers can carry their weapons to lunch or to the latrine if they want...with a loaded clip available for insertion when necessary. Dodge City is out of the question, but should a radical rise up and start firing, he would soon be dead...works much better than calling the police.

Coward gunmen like the Ft. Hood dog just love to be armed in places where others are not allowed to be armed. I say being armed is a good thing...being dead is not.

Does this really stop him if he is motivated to kill a bunch of soldiers?

If Ft Hood was armed like Dodge City, wouldn't he just move his attack into the city of Killeen where a group of soldiers were congregated?

Does this really stop him if he is motivated to kill a bunch of soldiers?

If Ft Hood was armed like Dodge City, wouldn't he just move his attack into the city of Killeen where a group of soldiers were congregated?
You ask me to second guess the motives and plans of a terrorist? There's no telling what one will do. All I'm saying is that IN MY OPINION we would be better off with a few trusted guns in the room...at all times. Since I am of the Batman type, I hereby offer to carry one or two and use them to protect innocent people from being slaughtered.

served as a Platoon Sergeant for 3 different platoons during my career. I was a bastard, idiot, moron, fuck head, dick weed, Mother Fucker, asshole and every other name you can think of. And it was all because it was my job to make sure my troops complete every mission, regardless of circumstances. If they had been armed 24/7 I probably would not be here today.

lol..so you figure that was the only thing keeping them from going jihad on yer ass ?

served as a Platoon Sergeant for 3 different platoons during my career. I was a bastard, idiot, moron, fuck head, dick weed, Mother Fucker, asshole and every other name you can think of. And it was all because it was my job to make sure my troops complete every mission, regardless of circumstances. If they had been armed 24/7 I probably would not be here today.

lol..so you figure that was the only thing keeping them from going jihad on yer ass ?

I'm sure they knew I could take them in Hand to hand. And if they had their weapons of course I had mine. I guess you just had to be there. And you obviously never were.

Again, with all due respect and appreciation for your service, I know several dudes that could kill you quickly with either thumb. A firearm just works better when you can't get that close to what needs killin'.

Again, with all due respect and appreciation for your service, I know several dudes that could kill you quickly with either thumb. A firearm just works better when you can't get that close to what needs killin'.

LOL

No doubt about that, I've known several myself. But they weren't in any of my Platoons.

Let me get this straight, the media didn't get the story right during the chaos of the attack!

LOL, that never happens!

They caught the guy red-handed!

Cunticious you truly are clueless!

LOL

No doubt about that, I've known several myself. But they weren't in any of my Platoons.
I sleep better when a pair of them is wide awake...nearby...can't even hear them breathing.

I'm sure they knew I could take them in Hand to hand. And if they had their weapons of course I had mine. I guess you just had to be there. And you obviously never were.

pffft...lol... well I was there.. but not as a solider ..my father was a platoon leader in the SAS para 5 we could watch him in the field from the kitchen window sometimes my mom wouldn't talk to him when he got home because we could hear his colorful language...but I never heard him express the belief if his men were armed he was a dead man or such bravado as" I'm sure they knew I could take them in hand to hand."..lol

Last edited:
the killer bought his powerful handgun the day before the shooting i heard....anyone want to discuss that aspect? :D

ooooooooooo, nevermind!

Care, the only references I find to 'day before' are weird sites. Here's a NYT article that disputes that:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/09/us/09reconstruct.html

...But relatives and acquaintances say tensions that led to the rampage had been building for a long time. Investigators say Major Hasan bought the gun used in the massacre last summer, days after arriving at Fort Hood....

the killer bought his powerful handgun the day before the shooting i heard....anyone want to discuss that aspect? :D

ooooooooooo, nevermind!

Care, the only references I find to 'day before' are weird sites. Here's a NYT article that disputes that:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/09/us/09reconstruct.html

...But relatives and acquaintances say tensions that led to the rampage had been building for a long time. Investigators say Major Hasan bought the gun used in the massacre last summer, days after arriving at Fort Hood....

LOL! I was NOT trying to beat that dead horse! I just was reading the thread and found we'd already gone down the path. Sorry.

pffft...lol... well I was there.. but not as a solider ..my father was a platoon leader in the SAS para 5 we could watch him in the field from the kitchen window sometimes my mom wouldn't talk to him when he got home because we could hear his colorful language...but I never heard him express the belief if his men were armed he was a dead man or such bravado as" I'm sure they knew I could take them in hand to hand."..lol

Pffft yourself, you have never walked the walk, you have no clue what you are talking about.

Why is it if they weren't SF then they still have a SF connection?

If your daddy was SAS then go running home and ask him. And if you knew me you would understand that chances were my troops in the US Army Signal Corps could not take me. I won't use bravado saying why, you figure it out. Moron.

pffft...lol... well I was there.. but not as a solider ..my father was a platoon leader in the SAS para 5 we could watch him in the field from the kitchen window sometimes my mom wouldn't talk to him when he got home because we could hear his colorful languagebut I never heard him express the belief if his men were armed he was a dead man or such bravado as" I'm sure they knew I could take them in hand to hand."..lol

Just as I know little about Ollie's service, neither do you. He could have been in charge of a renegade band of criminal misfits as depicted in "The Dirty Dozen" or "Baa Baa Black Sheep" for all we know...subject to the sudden flipping of a numbnut Rambo soldier. I don't fault him for being on guard. I just wish he'd had some trusted killers surrounding him like I do when called for.

...and I've watched hand-to-hand instructors get the shit beat out of themselves for not being careful enough with certain students.

Pffft yourself, you have never walked the walk, you have no clue what you are talking about.

Why is it if they weren't SF then they still have a SF connection?

If your daddy was SAS then go running home and ask him. And if you knew me you would understand that chances were my troops in the US Army Signal Corps could not take me. I won't use bravado saying why, you figure it out. Moron.

ya.. ya ya...my brother was in the signal core.. paratrooper one tough s.o.b

Last edited:

pffft...lol... well I was there.. but not as a solider ..my father was a platoon leader in the SAS para 5 we could watch him in the field from the kitchen window sometimes my mom wouldn't talk to him when he got home because we could hear his colorful languagebut I never heard him express the belief if his men were armed he was a dead man or such bravado as" I'm sure they knew I could take them in hand to hand."..lol

Just as I know little about Ollie's service, neither do you. He could have been in charge of a renegade band of criminal misfits as depicted in "The Dirty Dozen" or "Baa Baa Black Sheep" for all we know...subject to the sudden flipping of a numbnut Rambo soldier. I don't fault him for being on guard. I just wish he'd had some trusted killers surrounding him like I do when called for.

...and I've watched hand-to-hand instructors get the shit beat out of themselves for not being careful enough with certain students.

lol...apparently it was a just a bunch of wimpy signal core guys with bad attitudes

Forum List

Back