Fort Bragg unit heading for Hatiti,Hurry up and Wait!!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/17/AR2010011
701145.html?hpid=topnews

:( That doesn't make a wit of sense!!! Get these soldiers ready to go and help these people out in their country, and then put our troops on hold, when they want to go help. :cuckoo:DUH!!!!It doesn't make any sense to me, and i clearly doubt if it would anyone else, for that matter.

Your link wouldn't open for me, which unit is the story about, there are many reasons for a Unit to be held up for several days once the initial deployment has begun. First troops have been on the ground in Haiti for several days now.

:( I f there are already some of our troops over there now, then why did the story state differently? That is just what it said.Does not make a wit of sense, to me.

:( I f there are already some of our troops over there now, then why did the story state differently? That is just what it said.Does not make a wit of sense, to me.

Rapid deployment force is there running things at the Airport, They usually deploy initially with about 500 troops on the first lift. 2nd lift is usually within 2 hours behind them. I can't open your link so i can't tell what they might be referring to.

Looks like a Navy Unit that may have not been scheduled to go via Ft Bragg or Pope AFB. They are sort of a fly in the ointment, unplanned for and someone stepped on it and didn't plan for extra contingents. The Article doesn't say what the naval unit does. but it is only a 30 member unit. I would think they would have found them a ride by now. I was a load master for some aircraft and it isn't always easy to fit in extras but there is usually some space/ weight available.

701145.html?hpid=topnews

:( That doesn't make a wit of sense!!! Get these soldiers ready to go and help these people out in their country, and then put our troops on hold, when they want to go help. :cuckoo:DUH!!!!It doesn't make any sense to me, and i clearly doubt if it would anyone else, for that matter.

They're waiting for a container ship from China and Bangladesh , loaded with new US flags.
You can't send those guys over without LOTS AND LOTS of flags. They'll forget who they're working for. Plus it would be downright un-patriotic !

701145.html?hpid=topnews

They're waiting for a container ship from China and Bangladesh , loaded with new US flags.
You can't send those guys over without LOTS AND LOTS of flags. They'll forget who they're working for. Plus it would be downright un-patriotic !

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back