Former Warrant lead singer Jani Lane dies at 47

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
I guess because I actually met the guy this caught my eye. When I owned a bar in Atlanta, the band Warrant stumbled in very very drunk. It was late and I told them I couldn't serve them but the singer convinced me they were not going to cause trouble. Well, I let them have a few before the bass player started acting up..and I had to give them the boot. Jani Lane, was a pretty nice fellow and handled the situation well. It's sad he died so young.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Jani Lane, the former lead singer of the metal rock band Warrant, has died in Los Angeles. He was 47.

Officer Sara Faden says Lane's body was found Thursday in a Woodland Hills hotel. She had no immediate information on the cause or circumstances of his death.

With his long blond hair and tight leather outfits, Lane embodied the excess of 1980s "hair metal" rock bands. He joined Warrant in 1984 and wrote such hits as "Heaven," ''Down Boys" and "Cherry Pie."

And yes..his smoking wife was there as well.:lol:

Sad, he was a cog in the hair metal machine. The whole band wanted out to do thier own music.

Cherry Pie made him suicidal and ended the bands career.

Ever hear thier song; Uncle Toms Cabin?
It was going to be the lead off song instead of Cherry Pie and would have sent the band on a very different direction.

Sad, he was a cog in the hair metal machine. The whole band wanted out to do thier own music.

Cherry Pie made him suicidal and ended the bands career.

Ever hear thier song; Uncle Toms Cabin?
It was going to be the lead off song instead of Cherry Pie and would have sent the band on a very different direction.

I wasn't a fan. I knew the popular songs but not much more.

I just remember this fellow being a pretty good egg that night.

Forum List

Back