Former Police Chief: Repeal The 2nd Amendment

this time is different. The nra has pushed its agenda to the breaking point. As a result, even responsible gun owners may suffer the consequences.

btw when did the nra push to have weapons in the hands of the mentally ill?

that's easy...

after the massacre at virginia tech in 2007, congress did manage to pass a modest measure that was designed to provide money to states to improve the federal background check system. But the n.r.a. Secured a broad concession in the legislation, which pushed states to allow people with histories of mental illness to petition to have their gun rights restored.

more: silent since shootings, n.r.a. Could face challenge to political power - the new york times

as a condition of its support for the measure, the national rifle association extracted a concession: The inclusion of a mechanism for restoring firearms rights to those who lost them for mental health reasons.

more: some with histories of mental illness petition to get their gun rights back - the new york times

oh my god due process!!!!!!

A Fox News contributor who network CEO Roger Ailes reportedly uses to communicate his views on-air suggested that he might support new gun laws in the wake of the Newtown massacre.

Peter Johnson, Jr., a Fox News legal analyst, said that "the government has the right to register and regulate... firearms" and suggested that we should consider restricting ownership of assault weapons in light of recent events during a monologue on the December 18 edition of Fox & Friends.

More: Ailes Mouthpiece Hints At Support For Stronger Gun Violence Laws | Blog | Media Matters for America

murdoch_guns.jpg

News Corp. CEO Rupert Murdoch's call for politicians to find the "courage" to ban automatic weapons in the aftermath of the tragic mass shooting at a Connecticut elementary school is sharply at odds with the extreme rhetoric often heard on Fox News. Indeed, Fox voices routinely demonize any calls to strengthen gun laws.

More: Fox News' Extreme Pro-Gun Rhetoric Vs. Rupert Murdoch's Call For Weapons Ban | Research | Media Matters for America

Not gonna happen Shitting Bull, we need our guns to shoot drunk ass Indians like you.

Isn't he the idiot who told the cops to stand down while a man was stomped on and killed during fat Tuesday a few years ago? Yeah, we should trust our police to protect us....NOT!!

I don't know. Was he? Got any "credible" proof/links...?

By John Stephens

Former Seattle Police Chief Norm Stamper said Tuesday that repealing the Second Amendment would help curb the type of gun violence witnessed in last Friday's massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

"I have seen over the course of my 34 years of police work countless homicide and other shooting victims -- I know what bullets do to bodies," Stamper told HuffPost Live host Alicia Menendez.

"What I think is necessary is for responsible gun owners to recognize that in no way would my suggestion of repealing the Second Amendment -- and not necessarily replacing it with another amendment, but I wouldn't rule that out either -- that we create legislation that makes sense for today's world, not the world that existed at the drafting of the Constitution and certainly the Bill of Rights," Stamper said.

Stamper made the comments during an appearance on HuffPost Live, reiterating a stance he laid out in a blog post published Tuesday on The Huffington Post:

We are in denial about our duty to stop gun violence. We're awed by what we perceive to be the power of the National Rifle Association, and the political clout of those members of congress whose loyalty has been purchased by the NRA.

So we wait. We wait for the next slaughter, knowing it will surely come. Nothing has changed, nothing will change. Not unless we resolve to become, in the president's aspirational words, "better than this." Read more ...

More: Norm Stamper, Former Seattle Police Chief: Repeal The 2nd Amendment (VIDEO)

not impressed with the guy's credentials... chiefs of police tend to be political hacks... and also not particularly the sharpest tools in the shed...

Avatar, you never heard of a man being damned for believing too much?? Hmm. I believe that the very religious people who flew a couple of planes into our twin towers were steeped in religion. I believe that Jim Jones and the leader of Heavens Gate were steeped in religion. I also seem to recall that thousands were killed during the Inquisition, by God fearing, righteous priests. Thousands died during the Crusades. Puritans fled Europe because of persecution, then persecuted those who were not of their religion, after settling here. Religion divides rather than unites. It teaches its followers to convert people to bring more money into its coffers. Those who won't convert and follow their particular tenets are to be vilified as outsiders and shunned, persecuted, or worse. Check your prisons, the vast majority claim to be Christians, or some other religion. Religion is the evil
As for the recommendation by Chieft Stamper to repeal the 2nd Amendment, I say, come try and get my guns without a gunfight.

I believe the report about the shooting stated the young perpetrator was able to obtain weapons from his mother. Can Lakhota provide any proof that it was the SYSTEM that failed, and this mentally ill 20 year old actually was able to purchase firearms prior to the shooting in Connecticut?

Most likely this is another overreaching attempt to try and limit gun ownership even further, as the left honestly believes that criminals are already willing participants into subjecting themselves to extensive background checks and waiting periods as their only means to obtaining a gun. This is precisly why, as a result of this form of idiocy logic, these individuals from the left should never be allowed to handle a firearm in the first place.

Last edited:
I believe the report about the shooting stated the young perpetrator was able to obtain weapons from his mother. Can Lakhota provide any proof that it was the SYSTEM that failed, and this mentally ill 20 year old actually was able to purchase firearms prior to the shooting in Connecticut?

Most likely this is another overreaching attempt to try and limit gun ownership even further, as the left honestly believes that criminals are already willing participants into subjecting themselves to extensive background checks and waiting periods as their only means to obtaining a gun. This is precisly why, as a result of this form of idiocy logic, these individuals from the left should never be allowed to handle a firearm in the first place.

In the case of Adam Lanza, it was the mother who failed by teaching her unstable son how to use firearms and allowing him access to them. She paid the ultimate price.

I just don't understand why people like leftists in this thread want to help mothers watch their children die.

Oh yeah. It was mom's fault. You guys need to stop feeding this Leftytoon bullshit.

Whoa, I bet this guy saying this gave a bunch of people tingles

I dare them to try, won't be pretty

Forum List

Back