Former Police Chief: Repeal The 2nd Amendment

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By John Stephens

Former Seattle Police Chief Norm Stamper said Tuesday that repealing the Second Amendment would help curb the type of gun violence witnessed in last Friday's massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

"I have seen over the course of my 34 years of police work countless homicide and other shooting victims -- I know what bullets do to bodies," Stamper told HuffPost Live host Alicia Menendez.

"What I think is necessary is for responsible gun owners to recognize that in no way would my suggestion of repealing the Second Amendment -- and not necessarily replacing it with another amendment, but I wouldn't rule that out either -- that we create legislation that makes sense for today's world, not the world that existed at the drafting of the Constitution and certainly the Bill of Rights," Stamper said.

Stamper made the comments during an appearance on HuffPost Live, reiterating a stance he laid out in a blog post published Tuesday on The Huffington Post:

We are in denial about our duty to stop gun violence. We're awed by what we perceive to be the power of the National Rifle Association, and the political clout of those members of congress whose loyalty has been purchased by the NRA.

So we wait. We wait for the next slaughter, knowing it will surely come. Nothing has changed, nothing will change. Not unless we resolve to become, in the president's aspirational words, "better than this." Read more ...

More: Norm Stamper, Former Seattle Police Chief: Repeal The 2nd Amendment (VIDEO)

By John Stephens

Former Seattle Police Chief Norm Stamper said Tuesday that repealing the Second Amendment would help curb the type of gun violence witnessed in last Friday's massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

"I have seen over the course of my 34 years of police work countless homicide and other shooting victims -- I know what bullets do to bodies," Stamper told HuffPost Live host Alicia Menendez.

"What I think is necessary is for responsible gun owners to recognize that in no way would my suggestion of repealing the Second Amendment -- and not necessarily replacing it with another amendment, but I wouldn't rule that out either -- that we create legislation that makes sense for today's world, not the world that existed at the drafting of the Constitution and certainly the Bill of Rights," Stamper said.

Stamper made the comments during an appearance on HuffPost Live, reiterating a stance he laid out in a blog post published Tuesday on The Huffington Post:

We are in denial about our duty to stop gun violence. We're awed by what we perceive to be the power of the National Rifle Association, and the political clout of those members of congress whose loyalty has been purchased by the NRA.

So we wait. We wait for the next slaughter, knowing it will surely come. Nothing has changed, nothing will change. Not unless we resolve to become, in the president's aspirational words, "better than this." Read more ...

More: Norm Stamper, Former Seattle Police Chief: Repeal The 2nd Amendment (VIDEO)

If the amendment is repealed, part of the law that bans gun ownership must force police officers to leave thier guns at the precinct when they go off duty.

If we have to rely on a police response in an emergency, they should too.

What could have helped here would have been a mother knowing she had
a son that was impaired mentally removing all her weapons out of the house....

It really really is that simple....

This time is different. The NRA has pushed its agenda to the breaking point. As a result, even responsible gun owners may suffer the consequences.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NT3cJaoh9ys]Repealing The 2nd Amendment Would Start Another Civil War - YouTube[/ame]

Which Norm Stamper are we talking about? The one who didn't mind cracking heads during the WTO protests? The one who frequently violated the civil liberties of citizens? The one who used to enjoy choking perps out while telling them 'you're gonna die'? The one who wants all drugs legalized? The one who lives in the woods, owns guns and hunts? Or the one hawking a book?

Oh wait they're all the same guy......nevermind.

Last edited:
By John Stephens

If the amendment is repealed, part of the law that bans gun ownership must force police officers to leave thier guns at the precinct when they go off duty.

If we have to rely on a police response in an emergency, they should too.

IF, and that's a big IF, The Second Amendment to the Constitution is reapealed, then it should also apply to the police forces throughout America. They should also relinguish their rights to carry weapons.

This time is different. The NRA has pushed its agenda to the breaking point. As a result, even responsible gun owners may suffer the consequences.

So you will have no choice but to take away the second amendment rights of all citizens? Who made you the judge there?

Bullet_kid.jpg

backpacks_main.jpg

A bullet-proof Disney Princess backpack from Amendment II retails for $300, plus shipping.

Post-Newtown, Sales Boom for Kids' Body Armor | Mother Jones

By John Stephens

Isn't he the idiot who told the cops to stand down while a man was stomped on and killed during fat Tuesday a few years ago? Yeah, we should trust our police to protect us....NOT!!

By John Stephens

Isn't he the idiot who told the cops to stand down while a man was stomped on and killed during fat Tuesday a few years ago? Yeah, we should trust our police to protect us....NOT!!

I don't know. Was he? Got any "credible" proof/links...?

I would just love to see democrats try it. It might be just what we need to pop the boil of liberalism

BTW when did the NRA Push to have weapons in the hands of the mentally ill?

I don't know. Was he? Got any "credible" proof/links...?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Mardi_Gras_Riots

So was he Seattle's police chief in Feb of 2001?

Last edited:

BTW when did the NRA Push to have weapons in the hands of the mentally ill?

That's easy...

After the massacre at Virginia Tech in 2007, Congress did manage to pass a modest measure that was designed to provide money to states to improve the federal background check system. But the N.R.A. secured a broad concession in the legislation, which pushed states to allow people with histories of mental illness to petition to have their gun rights restored.

More: Silent Since Shootings, N.R.A. Could Face Challenge to Political Power - The New York Times

As a condition of its support for the measure, the National Rifle Association extracted a concession: the inclusion of a mechanism for restoring firearms rights to those who lost them for mental health reasons.

More: Some With Histories of Mental Illness Petition to Get Their Gun Rights Back - The New York Times

Forum List

Back