Former PM Tony Blair says he reads the Quran every day

Sad that you'll so outspokenly voice support for a man who had such a large hand in the death of so many muslims simply because he reads the Quran.

How do you know he doesn't read it and hate it? Read it and want to kill even more muslims than he's already responsible for?

I thought the Quran said something like 'killing one man was like killing all of humanity', is that not important to you?

Hopefully he has changed and is sincere in his newfound quest for Enlightenment :cool:

Sad that you'll so outspokenly voice support for a man who had such a large hand in the death of so many muslims simply because he reads the Quran.

How do you know he doesn't read it and hate it? Read it and want to kill even more muslims than he's already responsible for?

I thought the Quran said something like 'killing one man was like killing all of humanity', is that not important to you?

Hopefully he has changed and is sincere in his newfound quest for Enlightenment :cool:

I've read a lot of the Quran as well, so I can tell you with 100% certainty that just because someone reads it doesn't mean they follow it or believe it.

I can also say that just because a bureacrat says he does something, doesn't mean he actually does it. Taking a politician for his word would be like trusting me when i tell you to step on those smelly brown rods on the ground because they give you more traction.

Although the population of Great Britain is reputed to consist of only sixty million people, a recent Independent newspaper article argued there may well be up to eighty million inhabitants of this poor benighted island, and as the Muslim population is expanding at ten times the rate of the demographically dying post-Christian population, one can only reasonably conclude that a good percentage of these possible extra twenty million bodies are of Islamic descent.

There is no particular reason to disregard such a possibility just because it is not of mainstream acceptance. The number of Sharia courts operating in Britain was thought to be only five until yesterday, which proved to be yet another naïve and delusional liberal hope shattered by the news that there are actually eighty-five Sharia courts sitting in Britain, a seventeen-fold increase

worldpress.com

Hmm how does everyone else in England feel about this I wonder?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKE4yVSNo2w]YouTube - ‪Billy Connolly on Religion‬‏[/ame]

I read the Koran every day, says former prime minister Tony Blair who claims it keeps him 'faith-literate'

Tony Blair has now spoken of how he reads the Koran every day

He was notoriously reluctant to discuss religion while Prime Minister, with his chief spin doctor Alastair Campbell famously commenting: ‘We don’t do God.’

But since leaving Downing Street in 2007, Tony Blair has become increasingly open about the importance of religion.

Mr Blair, who converted to Catholicism months after leaving Number 10, has now spoken of how he reads the Koran every day.

Reading the Islamic religion’s holy book - considered by Muslims to be the exact words of God - ensured he remained ‘faith-literate’, the former Labour leader said.

In an interview with the Observer magazine, published yesterday he said: ‘To be faith-literate is crucial in a globalised world.

‘I read the Qur’an [Koran] every day. Partly to understand some of the things happening in the world, but mainly just because it is immensely instructive.’

Tony Blair 'reads the Koran every day to stay faith literate' | Mail Online

AAAHHH got to love religious freedom!

I wonder how many muslims read the bible.

Then again the adage "know thy enemy" works too.

I have to wonder how many Christians read the Bible.

As for the Muslims, i think the question would depend on whether it's legal to have the Bible in the country. Some muslim countries outlaw all non-Muslim religious texts.

I read the Koran every day, says former prime minister Tony Blair who claims it keeps him 'faith-literate'

He was notoriously reluctant to discuss religion while Prime Minister, with his chief spin doctor Alastair Campbell famously commenting: ‘We don’t do God.’

But since leaving Downing Street in 2007, Tony Blair has become increasingly open about the importance of religion.

Mr Blair, who converted to Catholicism months after leaving Number 10, has now spoken of how he reads the Koran every day.

Reading the Islamic religion’s holy book - considered by Muslims to be the exact words of God - ensured he remained ‘faith-literate’, the former Labour leader said.

In an interview with the Observer magazine, published yesterday he said: ‘To be faith-literate is crucial in a globalised world.

‘I read the Qur’an [Koran] every day. Partly to understand some of the things happening in the world, but mainly just because it is immensely instructive.’

Tony Blair 'reads the Koran every day to stay faith literate' | Mail Online

Well good for him. I'm an atheist, but even I enjoy perusing various religious texts. I own the Book of Mormon, the Dhammapada, and the Tao Te Ching, and look forward to buying a Quran. I don't read it for why Blair does, or even get what he gets out of it, but I still find them fascinating.

As for the Muslims, i think the question would depend on whether it's legal to have the Bible in the country. Some muslim countries outlaw all non-Muslim religious texts.

My point exactly about religious freedom.

My point exactly about religious freedom.

It really is great to have religious freedom, isn't it?

Tony Blair also has a dump every day. In fact, that's when he reads the Koran. When he's on the pan. He was heard to say on one occassion, "I'm sitting in the smallest room in the house with the koran before me. Soon it will be behind me." :tongue:

Tony Blair is just preparing himself for the future when England becomes Islamic and sharia law rules the land. :cool:

Who knows, maybe you're right. If Islamic rulers want to dominate the world and they happen to get their hands on the military power to do so, it could happen. After all...

Islam, the religion of peace, and Terrorism | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry
1.The Qur'an tells muslims to kill and go to war to fight for Islam: Quran, chapters (Surahs) 9:5; 2:191; 2:193; 3:118; 4:75,76; 5:33, 8:12; 8:65; 9:73,123; 33:60-62.

2.Fight for Allah: "And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers, (Quran 2:191).

3.Muslims are to battle for Allah: "Those who believe do battle for the cause of Allah; and those who disbelieve do battle for the cause of idols. So fight the minions of the devil. Lo! the devil's strategy is ever weak," (Quran 4:76).

4.Kill those against Islam: "The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger and strive after corruption in the land will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land. Such will be their degradation in the world, and in the Hereafter," (Quran 5:33).

5.Beheading: "When thy Lord inspired the angels, (saying): I am with you. So make those who believe stand firm. I will throw fear into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Then smite the necks and smite of them each finger. 13That is because they opposed Allah and His messenger. Whoso opposeth Allah and His messenger, (for him) lo! Allah is severe in punishment," (Quran 8:12).

6.Allah urges war: "O Prophet! urge the believers to war; if there are twenty patient ones of you they shall overcome two hundred, and if there are a hundred of you they shall overcome a thousand of those who disbelieve, because they are a people who do not understand," (Quran 8:65).

7.Slay non-muslims: "Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful," (Quran 9:5).

8.Allah urges war: "O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination," (Quran 9:73).

9.Allah urges war: "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness; and know that Allah is with those who guard (against evil)," (Quran 9:123).

10.Allah urges killing: "...the hypocrites and those in whose hearts is a disease and the agitators in the city do not desist... 61Cursed: wherever they are found they shall be seized and murdered, a (horrible) murdering. 62(Such has been) the course of Allah with respect to those who have gone before; and you shall not find any change in the course of Allah, (Quran 33:60-62).

11.Beheading: "Now when ye meet in battle those who disbelieve, then it is smiting of the necks until, when ye have routed them, then making fast of bonds; and afterward either grace or ransom till the war lay down its burdens..." (Quran 47:4).

12.Allah loves those who fight for him: "Truly Allah loves those who fight in His Cause in battle array, as if they were a solid cemented structure," (Quran 61:4).

:Boom2: :blowup: :Boom2: :blowup:

Besides, Jesus Christ told us what would happen. On earth here, Christians are gonna get their behinds kicked, some even beheaded, etc. Unless, hopefully the rapture is "pretrib" by chance. Which that would probably kick off chaos worldwide and be easy for a world system to be set up. The final AntiChrist has to set up his temporary throne somehow, who knows how.

At the end of the day it won't matter. Jesus Christ is Lord.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back