Former Pittsburgh cop sentenced to 27 months in prison for assault on man

All the guy got was 27 months? Seriously?
  • Former Pittsburgh Police Sergeant Sentenced To 27 Months In Prison -- (Watch the video)

The pre-sentence report detailed a pattern of questionable arrests involving Matakovich over several years, and states that he “never used the lowest amount of force available.” In 56 cases of arrests involving some resistance, 20 involved Matakovich using closed fist strikes to the head and face, and of those, 17 resulted in injuries to the subject such as a “broken nose, broken jaw, or being knocked unconscious.”
A man who'd risen to the rank sergeant should be held to a much standard of conduct than is implicit in the state's penalizing him with but 27 months of jail time.

All the guy got was 27 months? Seriously?
  • Former Pittsburgh Police Sergeant Sentenced To 27 Months In Prison -- (Watch the video)

The pre-sentence report detailed a pattern of questionable arrests involving Matakovich over several years, and states that he “never used the lowest amount of force available.” In 56 cases of arrests involving some resistance, 20 involved Matakovich using closed fist strikes to the head and face, and of those, 17 resulted in injuries to the subject such as a “broken nose, broken jaw, or being knocked unconscious.”
A man who'd risen to the rank sergeant should be held to a much standard of conduct than is implicit in the state's penalizing him with but 27 months of jail time.
Jesus....I am shocked he never killed anyone. This dude gives cops a bad name. I have mouthed off,got smart with cops and NEVER been assaulted. I hope he never gets another job as a cop.

Former Pittsburgh Police Sergeant Sentenced To 27 Months In Prison

I support cops 100% but some cops just don't have the temperament for the job,this guy is a perfect example...sucks because of his actions his daughters will be without daddy for 2 years but he did it.

And if the tables were turned and someone did that to a cop they would have just about life in prison.

Just because they are cops doesn't mean they are the Nations Gods of " do what you want" ..

I'm for cops to but those who act like this have destroyed it for ALL COPS good or bad.

This cop had a shitty reputation around the city as an ill-tempered, hard ass. I am glad he’s off to the pokey.

Forum List

Back