Former Obama student speaks out

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
"
Now you know how I felt this morning when I read in the Wall Street Journal that my own constitutional law professor had stated that it would be “an unprecedented, extraordinary step” for the Supreme Court to “overturn[] a law [i.e., the Affordable Care Act] that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress.” Putting aside the “strong majority” nonsense (the deeply unpopular Affordable Care Act got through the Senate with the minimum number of votes needed to survive a filibuster and passed 219-212 in the House), saying that it would be “unprecedented” and “extraordinary” for the Supreme Court to strike down a law that violates the Constitution is like saying that Kansas City is the capital of Kansas. Thus, a Wall Street Journal editorial queried this about the President who “famously taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago”: “[D]id he somehow not teach the historic case of Marbury v. Madison?”"

http://truthonthemarket.com/2012/04/03/my-professor-my-judge-and-the-doctrine-of-judicial-review/

Last edited:
I don't think so. This is going to keep going until election day and maybe beyond.

Obama's kicking things into high gear.

I don't think so. This is going to keep going until election day and maybe beyond.

Obama's kicking things into high gear.

Or at least until the decision becomes public. However with obamas interference if it not deemed unconstitutional, it will always be suspect that obama twisted the justices and forced them to not to overturn his ..... landmark unconstitutional health care.

So what? FDR did the same thing. He arm twisted the supreme court saying he was going to have congress change the number of seats on the SCOTUS so he could stack the court.

Don't act all surprised that he's playing hardball.

So what? FDR did the same thing. He arm twisted the supreme court saying he was going to have congress change the number of seats on the SCOTUS so he could stack the court.

Don't act all surprised that he's playing hardball.

Listen conservative guy [not] :doubt:
Obama is not capable of playing hardball. He tried, and was found wanting.
He got his ass kicked. He bluffed and was reprimanded as needed. He was put in his place.

so obama was a constitutional law professor.

thanks for confirming it.

Kind of. He was never more than an adjunct or visiting professor.

Lie.

UC Law School statement: The Law School has received many media requests about Barack Obama, especially about his status as "Senior Lecturer." From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors, although not full-time or tenure-track. The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each of the Law School’s Senior Lecturers have high-demand careers in politics or public service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several times during his 12 years as a professor in the Law School, Obama was invited to join the faculty in a full-time tenure-track position, but he declined.

FactCheck.org : Obama a Constitutional Law Professor?

Either way having a Law Degree and being the smartest man in any room he walks into (you know he authored two books!) I would expect him to know the case. Is he being disingenous or not as smart as some think he is?

Either way having a Law Degree and being the smartest man in any room he walks into (you know he authored two books!) I would expect him to know the case. Is he being disingenous or not as smart as some think he is?

Maybe just talking out of turn, and off the cuff.

Neither...he is an arrogant man who believes the ends justifies the means and also believe he holds the moral high ground. He believes if the constitution gets in the way of what he sees as progress, then the constitution should be set aside for "the better good" - in his eyes.
That is different than disingenuous. More like borderline narcissistic.
In his eyes the constitution is not the argument. It is more like "does the court have the audacity to overrule this great thing I did".

Obama a Constitutional Law Professor?
Posted on March 28, 2008

Q: Was Barack Obama really a constitutional law professor?

A: His formal title was "senior lecturer," but the University of Chicago Law School says he "served as a professor" and was "regarded as" a professor.

Recently, Hillary Clinton’s campaign has picked up on this charge. In a March 27 conference call with reporters, Clinton spokesman Phil Singer claimed:

Singer (March 27): Sen. Obama has often referred to himself as “a constitutional law professor” out on the campaign trail. He never held any such title. And I think anyone, if you ask anyone in academia the distinction between a professor who has tenure and an instructor that does not, you’ll find that there is … you’ll get quite an emotional response.

SNIP:
UC Law School statement:
The Law School has received many media requests about Barack Obama, especially about his status as "Senior Lecturer." From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year

FactCheck.org : Obama a Constitutional Law Professor?

yeah...about himself :rofl: Can you say, narcissistic?

Forum List

Back