Former NY police commissioner indicted, sources say

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
(CNN) -- A federal grand jury has returned a sealed indictment against former New York Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik, sources familiar with the investigation said Thursday.

Bernard Kerik's indictment comes a year after he admitted to misdemeanor charges of financial impropriety.

No details of the charges involved were immediately available. The indictment is expected to be unsealed Friday, two sources familiar with the probe told CNN.

Prosecutors had been looking into allegations against Kerik that include bribery and tax evasion, sources said earlier this week.

The indictment comes a year after admitting to misdemeanor charges of financial impropriety.

Kerik, 52, is a longtime friend and former protege of former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, now the Republican presidential front-runner in national polls. Kerik was frequently by Giuliani's side in the days after the September 11, 2001, attack on the World Trade Center, and his role as the city's police commissioner propelled him into the national spotlight.

more ...http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/11/08/kerik.indictment/index.html

Here comes the dirt ... guilt by association.

Here comes the dirt ... guilt by association.

I actually think this one's a shame. Not for Giuliani, but for Kerik. He really was brilliant at his job and he'd have done an amazing job running Homeland Security. It's one of those falls that is sad, IMO.

As for Giuliani, depends on how he handles it.

I actually think this one's a shame. Not for Giuliani, but for Kerik. He really was brilliant at his job and he'd have done an amazing job running Homeland Security. It's one of those falls that is sad, IMO.

I don't know if you'd find too many in the NYPD with a kind word for Kerik jillian. Most of the stuff I read about him on (secure) discussions lists isn't very flattering.

I think it will damage Giuliani, Kerik was very close to him. The muck could spray.

I don't know if you'd find too many in the NYPD with a kind word for Kerik jillian. Most of the stuff I read about him on (secure) discussions lists isn't very flattering.

I think it will damage Giuliani, Kerik was very close to him. The muck could spray.

Well, I can tell you that we thought he did a good job in helping Giuliani get stuff cleaned up. He may well have been a horror to work for. I can't speak to that.

It might stick, but you know, there's so much that I thought would have, should have, stuck to some folk over the last 7 years, that I can't always gauge it. My inclination is to think that Giuliani can deflect it. The repubs are desperate to keep the white house. I think short of Giuliani killing puppies in the middle of the Thanksgiving Day Parade, there's not a lot that they won't put up with.

Look at it this way, as another thread noted, Giuliani got a huge endorsement from the religious right...would you have ever believed they'd endorse a three times divorced, pro-choice, pro-gun-control, cross-dressing supporter of gay rights? Oh yeah, and he also happens to be Catholic, Italian and from New York.

Gunny failed to post the rest of the story where Rudy defends himself on the issue and takes responsibility for not clearing him further and then he washed his hands with the guy at the first hint of wrong doing.

Anything Gunny can do to make a great American and a great candidate look bad he will so his candidate(Fred Thompson) doesn't look like the schmuck he really is. It's pretty Juvinile actually.

Well, I can tell you that we thought he did a good job in helping Giuliani get stuff cleaned up. He may well have been a horror to work for. I can't speak to that.

It might stick, but you know, there's so much that I thought would have, should have, stuck to some folk over the last 7 years, that I can't always gauge it. My inclination is to think that Giuliani can deflect it. The repubs are desperate to keep the white house. I think short of Giuliani killing puppies in the middle of the Thanksgiving Day Parade, there's not a lot that they won't put up with.

Look at it this way, as another thread noted, Giuliani got a huge endorsement from the religious right...would you have ever believed they'd endorse a three times divorced, pro-choice, pro-gun-control, cross-dressing supporter of gay rights? Oh yeah, and he also happens to be Catholic, Italian and from New York.

I think Giuliani could kill puppies and still win the nomination. People need to realize that. These other candidates know they have no chance so wether they are making a suicide run(which a lot do) or are trying to prove a point it doesn't matter.

Heres whats going to happen. Giuliani is going to win the Republican nomination. He will take someone like McCain or Jeb Bush as his running mate(Romney also will take Jeb Bush as he has hired most of his Gubernatorial staff on his campaign). The Ron Paul will throw his temper tantrum and enter the race on the Libertarian or Independant ticket which will royally F%^& up the campaign and basically hand the Presidency to Hillary and Obama and then our country is royally F*&^ed with no vasoline.

On Kerik - since I don't have any personal contacts in NYPD I can only reference what I've read from serving NYPD personnel. And I don't want to defame Kerik or bring wrath upon the forums owner so I will take your point and say no more. On Giuliani and Robertson's endorsement. I heard Robertson's comments, they focused on the "Islamic extremism" theme. It seems that Robertson is prepared to put up with Giuliani's social policies so that Giuliani's supporters can run the "Islamic extremist" bogeyman threat. No doubt Robertson and the religious right will, assuming Giuliani wins the GOP nomination and then the presidency, will look upon Giuliani as being owned by them and they will then twist his arm on abortion, gay rights etc and attempt to implement their dream of a fundamentalist Christian theocracy.

Oh and to the lip-curlers reading this - yes, I had to get that last bit in. Do you think Robertson's an altruist or something? He's a power-monger.

On Kerik - since I don't have any personal contacts in NYPD I can only reference what I've read from serving NYPD personnel. And I don't want to defame Kerik or bring wrath upon the forums owner so I will take your point and say no more. On Giuliani and Robertson's endorsement. I heard Robertson's comments, they focused on the "Islamic extremism" theme. It seems that Robertson is prepared to put up with Giuliani's social policies so that Giuliani's supporters can run the "Islamic extremist" bogeyman threat. No doubt Robertson and the religious right will, assuming Giuliani wins the GOP nomination and then the presidency, will look upon Giuliani as being owned by them and they will then twist his arm on abortion, gay rights etc and attempt to implement their dream of a fundamentalist Christian theocracy.

Oh and to the lip-curlers reading this - yes, I had to get that last bit in. Do you think Robertson's an altruist or something? He's a power-monger.

Giuliani has never been or will never be someone's "Yes" man.

I always had a bad feeling about Kerik -- he seemed like one of those typically greasy NYC guys to me. But, whatever. I know some greasy NYC guys and they aren't so bad. A little corrupt, maybe.

Gunny failed to post the rest of the story where Rudy defends himself on the issue and takes responsibility for not clearing him further and then he washed his hands with the guy at the first hint of wrong doing.

Anything Gunny can do to make a great American and a great candidate look bad he will so his candidate(Fred Thompson) doesn't look like the schmuck he really is. It's pretty Juvinile actually.

Excuse me Mr 1st grade politics ... I posted a news article with link. The rest of the story is at the link. If there is another story to go with it, feel free to provide it and the link.

Juvenile would be your baseless attack on me when you can't tell the difference between your ass and a hole in the ground.

Contrary to your one-sided, misguided opinion, Guiliani means nothing to me. All I've said about him is he isn't a conservative, so back your mouth or go pound sand.

Excuse me Mr 1st grade politics ... I posted a news article with link. The rest of the story is at the link. If there is another story to go with it, feel free to provide it and the link.

Juvenile would be your baseless attack on me when you can't tell the difference between your ass and a hole in the ground.

Contrary to your one-sided, misguided opinion, Guiliani means nothing to me. All I've said about him is he isn't a conservative, so back your mouth or go pound sand.

Awww did I strike a nerve? Your just upset that Giuliani would take Thompson anyday of the week. The funny thing is im not even supporting Giuliani.:rofl:

Awww did I strike a nerve? Your just upset that Giuliani would take Thompson anyday of the week. The funny thing is im not even supporting Giuliani.:rofl:

Not at all, Einstein. Try reading and comprehension for toddlers. My initital posts merely points to the fact the the trash talking about Guiliani is going to go over this regardless the facts.

You just chose to let your mouth flat outrun your mind .... again.

You're not supporting Guiliani this week. You did though ... until someone talked a at least a little sense into your empty grape. Now if you could just progress to understanding elementary school politics .....

Forum List

Back