Former New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin indicted

Doc91678

Rookie
Nov 13, 2012
Binghamton
By Rick Jervis
January 18, 2013

NEW ORLEANS – Ray Nagin, former New Orleans mayor and the public face of the battered city in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, has been indicted by a grand jury on 21 federal corruption charges.

The indictment, released Friday, alleges Nagin awarded lucrative city contracts to
contractors in exchange for more than $200,000 in kickbacks and first-class trips to Hawaii, Jamaica and Las Vegas.

Nagin, 56, served two four-year terms as mayor, from 2002 to 2010, and currently lives in Frisco, Tex., outside Dallas. If convicted on all charges, he faces more than 15 years in prison. Nagin becomes the first mayor in the city's 295-year history to be indicted under federal corruption charges.

[Excerpt]

Continue reading: ---->

He should be put on trial for more than this. He let down New Orleans before and after the hurricane and then in true lefty fashion, blamed it on Bush.

By Rick Jervis
January 18, 2013

NEW ORLEANS – Ray Nagin, former New Orleans mayor and the public face of the battered city in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, has been indicted by a grand jury on 21 federal corruption charges.

The indictment, released Friday, alleges Nagin awarded lucrative city contracts to
contractors in exchange for more than $200,000 in kickbacks and first-class trips to Hawaii, Jamaica and Las Vegas.

Nagin, 56, served two four-year terms as mayor, from 2002 to 2010, and currently lives in Frisco, Tex., outside Dallas. If convicted on all charges, he faces more than 15 years in prison. Nagin becomes the first mayor in the city's 295-year history to be indicted under federal corruption charges.

[Excerpt]

I'm shocked... shocked, I tell you... :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gf8NK1WAOc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gf8NK1WAOc[/ame]

Last edited:
or mebbe Willie Wonka might happen to be running a federal facility... :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEH9u26Vlhk]2006: Ray Nagin's 'chocolate city' remark - YouTube[/ame]

By Rick Jervis
January 18, 2013

[Excerpt]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gf8NK1WAOc]Hilarious Casablanca Clip - YouTube[/ame]

His lawyer isn't shocked. He's only surprised that the indictments came now:

“Well, we were surprised that the indictment came today because we were still talking with the government and in fact we had talked about meeting next week as well,”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/19/u....html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20130119

Talking to the government about what? A PLEA BARGAIN, OF COURSE!

In other words, he's guilty as hell and both he and his lawyer know it.

By Rick Jervis
January 18, 2013

[Excerpt]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gf8NK1WAOc]Hilarious Casablanca Clip - YouTube[/ame]

His lawyer isn't shocked. He's only surprised that the indictments came now:

“Well, we were surprised that the indictment came today because we were still talking with the government and in fact we had talked about meeting next week as well,”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/19/u....html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20130119

Talking to the government about what? A PLEA BARGAIN, OF COURSE!

In other words, he's guilty as hell and both he and his lawyer know it.

it's sad, actually... I remember when he was elected... seemed to have such promise... a bright successful young black businessman taking over from "politics as usual"... guess the intrenched system in "Sin City" ultimately was just too much of a temptation...

my only surprise is that he's the first New Orleans mayor to be brought up on corruption charges...

Last edited:
my only surprise is that he's the first New Orleans mayor to be brought up on corruption charges...

I was surprised to learn that too. I mean, after all, it IS Louisiana! :D

meh... fuck you, Texas... :)

In Texas, at least our politicians have the decency to pretend not to be crooks. :D

Seriously, I love New Orleans and the wonderful people there. I've spent a lot of time down there, and I don't just mean in the Quarter like a tourist. They deserve much better than politician's of all stripes have delivered them.

I was surprised to learn that too. I mean, after all, it IS Louisiana! :D

In Texas, at least our politicians have the decency to pretend not to be crooks. :D

Seriously, I love New Orleans and the wonderful people there. I've spent a lot of time down there, and I don't just mean in the Quarter like a tourist. They deserve much better than politician's of all stripes have delivered them.

personally, I wouldn't much mind it if N'awlins sank to the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico...

giving folks there enough time to evacuate, of course... :)

eta... hopefully to some place out of state... say, Austin or some other place in Texas... :)

Last edited:
How many race cards does he have lined up for his defense? How does he plan to pin his own corrupt actions on white male republicans? His lawyer is probably hoping that the prosecutor is a White Male Protestant Republicas well as the Judge and most of the jury. That will most likely be his best defense.

personally, I wouldn't much mind it if N'awlins sank to the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico...

giving folks there enough time to evacuate, of course... :)

eta... hopefully to some place out of state... say, Austin or some other place in Texas... :)

Awwww..no. If there weren't a New Orleans, the nation would be poorer for it. It's one of the 5 or 6 truly unique American cities.

Notice hardly any progressive news outlets mention he's a democrat?

Oh, please. Not EVERYTHING is a conspiracy, except to those who are looking for it.

Here...this is just from Google News. 490 news items about Nagin's indictment. Look through it and see if you can't find some "progressive" news outlets mentioning it.

Former New Orleans Mayor Indicted for...

(Hint: Bet ya can....lot's of 'em!)

Notice hardly any progressive news outlets mention he's a democrat?

Oh, please. Not EVERYTHING is a conspiracy, except to those who are looking for it.

Here...this is just from Google News. 490 news items about Nagin's indictment. Look through it and see if you can't find some "progressive" news outlets mentioning it.

Former New Orleans Mayor Indicted for...

(Hint: Bet ya can....lot's of 'em!)

Just an observation, and this ap article in this op is a fine example. Look to the main progressive news sources and it's not mentioned.

I didn't say they didn't mention it, I said most left out he's a democrat.

Sorry bout that,

1. I am sure he did other back room deals, I hope those deals get dug up too!
2. This fuck should of acted when the storm hit, but no, he set back and had his thumb up his butt.
3. Then started screaming "Where's BUSH"!!!!!!
4. Stupid Fuck!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

By Rick Jervis
January 18, 2013

[Excerpt]

Only 21??? :)

david-vitter-diaper-boy-cop.jpg

Forum List

Back