Former Louisiana governor Buddy Roemer

Can you give me more? I'm in the middle of nowhere and basically to get a video up of Zakk Wylde took me three days on my server.

Have mercy.

Now to Louisiana and their governors. I bred catahoulas and my favorite time of year was always March and to go to Winnfield. Stayed in Alexandria all the time.

So you are going to tell me what about this Governor?

Do tell......

Can you give me more? I'm in the middle of nowhere and basically to get a video up of Zakk Wylde took me three days on my server.

Have mercy.

Now to Louisiana and their governors. I bred catahoulas and my favorite time of year was always March and to go to Winnfield. Stayed in Alexandria all the time.

Do tell......

I don't know a whole lot about hime but most Republicans turn me off after speaking for a few minutes. But I like everything Romer sdaid about getting our jobs back from China and that our "free" trade agreements were(are) crap. And we should go back to the Galss-steagall act.

Last edited:
For everyone else that doesn't know Louisiana politics, Winnfield is the home of some of my favorite most scandalous dudes.

I just used to go for the bay ups, but Winnfield is legendary at spawning 3 of the best ever that makes you want to love Louisiana forever.

We're talking the Longs here.

Have mercy.

Do tell......

I don't know a whole lot about hime but most Republicans turn me off after speaking for a few minutes. But I like everything Romer sdaid about getting our jobs back from China and that our "free" trade agreements were(are) crap. And we should go back to the Galss-steagall act.

Just so you know, I know your state inside and out because I always picked my apples right off the trees when I decided to switch from ridgebacks to catahoulas.

I love and adore Louisiana. But if this man is (and I don't know his heart so I will not condemn him ) trying to say we can put the genie back in the bottle and reverse trade now without some serious discussion, well I don't know what to say.

I love the sentiment. But seriously how do we do this?

The President and the Department of Energy just gave a car plant in freaking FINLAND a loan of American taxpayer dollars to build electric cars.

Hello? Finland?

Have mercy.

Do tell......

Just so you know, I know your state inside and out because I always picked my apples right off the trees when I decided to switch from ridgebacks to catahoulas.

I love and adore Louisiana. But if this man is (and I don't know his heart so I will not condemn him ) trying to say we can put the genie back in the bottle and reverse trade now without some serious discussion, well I don't know what to say.

The President and the Department of Energy just gave a car plant in freaking FINLAND a loan of American taxpayer dollars to build electric cars.

Hello? Finland?

Republicans took the Buy American clause out of the stimulus bill. But I think he was saying we can turn the free tade agreements into fair trade agreements.

Have mercy.

Do tell......

Wanted to make a specific point here. And if you know economics at all, you will realize NAFTA was awesome.

But we kept it in house.

Now, only the good Lord knows the wild trade agreements we make with Asia. I can't keep my head wrapped around them.

We now deal with on a regular basis people who gave us SARS. Who gave us this disease because they eat civet cats and think dog meat is an actual staple in life.

"Oh honey, what will we have with our Uncle Bens tonight? I know, lets have an aside of an Akita".

Sweet Lord Almighty, why aren't people rioting against this?

I am a conservative. But I'm a conservationist who finds every moment I have to buy some product from a country who forces their women to abort on their one child policy and who recklessly and wantonly abandons life on every level appalling.

But I'm stuck with it. And then and then I have to listen to Hillary going that it is more important to have trade at this time.

Bazooka barf moment.

Hello? Finland?

Republicans took the Buy American clause out of the stimulus bill. But I think he was saying we can turn the free tade agreements into fair trade agreements.

The President and the Department of Energy just gave mega bucks to Findland. For electric car production.

Please tell me you understand the basics of this. You can't spin it. There is no spinning.

This has nothing to do with Republicans whatsoever. Nothing. Nada. Johnny freaking Nada.

Are you getting it yet?

It's so funny that you have OWS and you can't grasp the thought process that your Department of Energy gives millions to Finland but you are pissed off at Republicans for what?

So YOUR DEMOCRAT PRESIDENT gives money to Finland and you want to bitch slap Republicans for shipping jobs overseas????

Too funny. What color koolaid today child? I just smoked the shit out of you.

With the approval of the Obama administration, an electric car company that received a $529 million federal government loan guarantee is assembling its first line of cars in Finland, saying it could not find a facility in the United States capable of doing the work.

Vice President Joseph Biden heralded the Energy Department's $529 million loan to the start-up electric car company called Fisker as a bright new path to thousands of American manufacturing jobs. But two years after the loan was announced, the company's manufacturing jobs are still limited to the assembly of the flashy electric Fisker Karma sports car in Finland.

"There was no contract manufacturer in the U.S. that could actually produce our vehicle," the car company's founder and namesake told ABC News. "They don't exist here."

Henrik Fisker said the U.S. money has been spent on engineering and design work that stayed in the U.S., not on the 500 manufacturing jobs that went to a rural Finnish firm, Valmet Automotive.

"We're not in the business of failing; we're in the business of winning. So we make the right decision for the business," Fisker said. "That's why we went to Finland."

The loan to Fisker is part of a $1 billion bet the Energy Department has made in two politically connected California-based electric carmakers producing sporty -- and pricey -- cutting-edge autos. Fisker Automotive, backed by a powerhouse venture capital firm whose partners include former Vice President Al Gore, predicts it will eventually be churning out tens of thousands of electric sports sedans at the shuttered GM factory it bought in Delaware. And Tesla Motors, whose prime backers include PayPal mogul Elon Musk and Google co-founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin, says it will do the same in a massive facility tooling up in Silicon Valley.

Rob Carr/AP Photo
Vice president Joe Biden, left, and Henrik... View Full Size

Rob Carr/AP Photo
Vice president Joe Biden, left, and Henrik Fisker, CEO of Fisker Automotive announces that the company will produce plug-in hybrid electric vehicles at the former General Motors Boxwood Plant, Oct. 27, 2009, in Wilmington, Del. Obama on Being a One-Term President, Solyndra Watch Video

An investigation by ABC News and the Center for Public Integrity's iWatch News found that the DOE's bet carries risks for taxpayers, has raised concern among industry observers and government auditors, and adds to questions about the way billions of dollars in loans for smart cars and green energy companies have been awarded. Fisker is more than a year behind rolling out its $97,000 luxury vehicle bankrolled in part with DOE money. While more are promised soon, just 40 of its Karma cars (below) have been manufactured and only two delivered to customers' driveways, including one to movie star Leonardo DiCaprio. Tesla's SEC filings reveal the start-up has lost money every quarter. And while its federal funding is intended to help it mass produce a new $57,400 Model S sedan, the company has no experience in a project so vast.

What part of your D government gave Finland jobs?

:lol:

I love Finland. I love reindeer and smorgasbords. Hey I'm down with Finland for food, but hey YOUR President just gave them jobs. What a champ!!!!

The more this guy talks the more I like him. I confess I don't know a lot about him but like what I have heard so far.

I can tell you something about him. David Duke knocked then governorn Roemer out of the primary during the Louisisna governors race back in 91. They were both republicans and the people chose Duke over Roemer to face off against Democrat Edwin Edwards.

Last edited:
The more this guy talks the more I like him. I confess I don't know a lot about him but like what I have heard so far.

He's a former Governor, son of a convicted felon (Brilab).... That's about all there is to him... he was rather uneventful. Oh, he' also a political opportunist who was a lifelong Dem who switched to (R) at election time.

He's a former Governor, son of a convicted felon (Brilab).... That's about all there is to him... he was rather uneventful. Oh, he' also a political opportunist who was a lifelong Dem who switched to (R) at election time.

Maybe the Dems will draft him to run against Obama. As an opportunist he will appeal to many in the Democratic Party.

Oh this is sweet. Only other strike he could get against him is that he's from Shreveport or might be or his mommas 4th sister who had an aunt who visited Shreveport once.:lol:

No offense to the northern crew. I love and adore Kenny Wayne, but I just couldn't help myself.

Have mercy. Play nice in the sandbox with me.

Son of a convicted Felon? was he convicted of anything?

Forum List

Back