Former House Speaker Reportedly Received At Least $1.6 Million From Housing Giant

Newt is crooked as a dog's hind leg. He's right up there with Tom Delay.

Well, while Newt has mined almost every conceiveable source of funds since he was in the House and once he was out. (You just KNOW he won't ever get a real job), I don't think he was quite as corrupt as DeLay was.

However, the Newt Presidential Campaign Inc. is ALSO a money-making operation (with all their books and movies), as well as a campaign. In fact, many of his aides have taken exception with the campaign being used as a vehicle to sell their stuff.

If he's ever elected president, maybe his idea of improving the economy and creating jobs will be to sell franchises of his operation. We can all go door-to-door to sell his books.

Newt Gingrich Freddie Mac Fees: Former House Speaker Reportedly Received At Least $1.6 Million From Housing Giant

In recent months, GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich has strongly criticized Freddie Mac and sister company Fannie Mae, as well as Democrats in Congress that he claims played a key role in the collapse of the housing market. And yet two former Freddie Mac officials recently told Bloomberg that Gingrich made between $1.6 million and $1.8 million in consulting fees from the mortgage company.

That amount is significantly larger than the $300,000 payment that Gingrich was asked about during a Republican presidential debate on Nov. 9.

The Freddie Mac officials also told Bloomberg that Gingrich was asked to build bridges with Capitol Hill Republicans and help sell the mortgage company's public-private structure to conservatives.

Money talks, bs walks, blame the Democrats, right Newt?

he also said that any politicians, him, should be thrown in jail :rolleyes:

roflmaok.jpg

Gingrich is another, in Caribou Barbie's parlance: "flavor of the week":
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ngrich-fundamentally-intellectually-dishonest
Frank rejected Gingrich’s claims, saying “there are two ‘L’ words that have to do with Newt — lobbyist and liar.”

“He was clearly there as a lobbyist and slipped and acknowledged that … you don’t enhance your academic credentials by serving as Speaker, you enhance your credentials as a lobbyist.”

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It was wise of F & F to seek his advice but didn't bother to abide by it. As, the story goes...

I think it's just more im[portant to know who is the most intelligent candidate running against NoBama and has the best ideas for our country.

It's easy to look up the rest of his resume, so why do you ignore all of the successes he's had working with Democrats and making a difference in the economy?

That's exactly what we need now.

What Newt did was legal, so I don't see the sense in claiming what Newt did as something illegal.

But it is ironic to say the least. Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae have been whipped pretty well by those on the Right and now one of their leading contenders is in the mix with those two mortgage giants. Oh, the irony.

And that's all I have to say about the situation.

Last edited:
What Newt did was legal, so I don't sense that claiming what Newt is was wrong.

But it is ironic to say the least. Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae have been whipped pretty well by those on the Right and now one of their leading contenders is in the mix with those two mortgage giants. Oh, the irony.

And that's all I have to say about the situation.

Spot on!

i love rightwingnut loons... they repeat every unsubstantiated rumor about anyone they don't like... no matter where it comes from. they make up things as they go along.

but it doesn't matter one iota what one of their own does.

if this were the president, 10 of their shills would already be spewing their fauxrage all over the board.

and imagine if it were barney frank....

hypocrites.... no wonder no one takes you seriously.

I'd be very surprised if even one "rightwingnut" steps forward and declares that they give a shit that you don't take them seriously.. Seriously.

They take each other very seriously.

Shut the fuck up and stick a sock in it Nick. You keep saying the same shit.

like you dont?.....how come you dont get on your buddy Dean when he mentions the same shit over and over?.....like the 9-1 ratio....6% of scientist.....90% of the Republicans are White....are you scared of Dean Flaylo?......he cant hurt you.....OH ....and its FACK....and SHAT......now you can use the Adult words?.....what happened?.....

I've seen no evidence that dean has done that, you have a personal crush or grudge against Dean.
you sound just like a crooked dishonest Politician now Flaylo....you have never seen Evidence of that my aching ass.....:lol:

The Chamber of Commerce, an organization which receives vast sums of money from Russia, India and mostly China, gives to Republicans 9 to 1 over Democrats. I've linked to this many times. Even (hard to believe) some Republicans are uncomfortable with this fact.
I'm guessing the Democrats that receive Chamber money are the "Blue Dogs" who vote Republican.
Why is it the majority of the people who are "on the take" claim to be Republican and "moral"? Are those the qualifications for Conservatism? Greed and "morals".

Of course, you have plenty of proof, via links and cold, hard facts, to back up your claim that the majority of people who are on the take are Republicans, right?

You're ignorant, a hypocrite, and a liar..........the epitomy of an Obamanista. Congratulatinos! :clap2:

Why does the Chamber give to Republicans over Democrats 9 to 1?

Why do corporations give to Republicans over Democrats?

Why do Republicans work to end regulations for clean air and clean water so corporations don't have to pay?

Why did Joe Barton apologize to BP and then Republicans reward him by making him head of the Energy Committee?

Why did Newt get 1.6 million dollars from Freddie/Fannie?

Why did more than 100 Republican congressmen take stimulus and then take credit for the jobs Obama's stimulus created?

Shall I go on? There is nothing here that hasn't been linked to a dozen times. Even you know that.

I thought you lefties kept saying Freddie and Fannie did nothing wrong and played no part in the housing bubble? Now all the sudden ties to them are a negative? Make up your damn minds. Or is it too much to expect you to take a position and hold it?

It isn't the association to Fannie/Freddie that landed Newt in hot water; it's the lie he told about his association. He's trying to say that he was paid as a "historian" (I kid you not :lol::lol::lol:); But people familiar with the deal laughed out loud at that. He was a paid lobbyist for Fannie/Freddie. He just doesn't want to admit it for a couple of reasons -

1) It makes him look bad to the Teasacks he's pandering to, and 2) After suggesting Pelosi and Barney Frank should be thrown in jail for their own dealings with Fannie/Freddie, he can't come out and admit that he was a paid lobbyist for them (in other words, he's a fucking liar).

like you dont?.....how come you dont get on your buddy Dean when he mentions the same shit over and over?.....like the 9-1 ratio....6% of scientist.....90% of the Republicans are White....are you scared of Dean Flaylo?......he cant hurt you.....OH ....and its FACK....and SHAT......now you can use the Adult words?.....what happened?.....

I've seen no evidence that dean has done that, you have a personal crush or grudge against Dean.
you sound just like a crooked dishonest Politician now Flaylo....you have never seen Evidence of that my aching ass.....:lol:

Hey Harry! I got sumthin' for ya! Go here to the Texas GOP Republican Party Website:

About the Party :: TexasGOP - Republican Party of Texas

Under "About the Party", click on:

2010 RPT Platform

NO? Here let me help you:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/texasgop_pre/assets/original/2010RPTFinalPlatform.pdf

Just scroll down to where it talks about "marriage and sodomy". Hey Harry, who is that targeting???????????????? Come on Harry! I can't hear you? What? Speak up. You got something in your mouth. You shouldn't talk with it full of crow.

rpt_logo.png

You guys go on and on...

Freddie and Fannie are liberal creations. And to be fair, they weren't the source of the problem. The source was the housing market itself, how we all thought we were going to get rich and use our houses as ATM's.

i'm not certain how your statement is relevant to the issue of newt being paid over a million dollars to lobby for fannie and freddie...

oops... i mean "consult"

Newt Gingrich Freddie Mac Fees: Former House Speaker Reportedly Received At Least $1.6 Million From Housing Giant

In recent months, GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich has strongly criticized Freddie Mac and sister company Fannie Mae, as well as Democrats in Congress that he claims played a key role in the collapse of the housing market. And yet two former Freddie Mac officials recently told Bloomberg that Gingrich made between $1.6 million and $1.8 million in consulting fees from the mortgage company.

That amount is significantly larger than the $300,000 payment that Gingrich was asked about during a Republican presidential debate on Nov. 9.

The Freddie Mac officials also told Bloomberg that Gingrich was asked to build bridges with Capitol Hill Republicans and help sell the mortgage company's public-private structure to conservatives.

I know this is a difficult concept for you to grasp.. but here goes... it was for work done on consulting on how to clean the place up.

I know this is a difficult concept for you to grasp.. but here goes... it was for work done on consulting on how to clean the place up.

Your link didn't post through :eusa_whistle:

Your link didn't post through :eusa_whistle:

If I told you today was 11/16/2011, would you require a link?

Forum List

Back