Former Daily Kos writer, filmmaker: Eric Allen Bell sees the left for what it is.

The problem is that the two sides react so differently.

When the righties simplistically scream that a lefty is "hating America", that's pretty much as far as it goes. They then start chanting "USA! USA!" until their throats are sore, they thump their chests a few times and then they go grab a Budweiser.

When the lefties have decided that something is to be labeled as "hate speech", they go after the evil perpetrator with everything they have. They do absolutely everything possible to destroy that terrible person for having the sheer gall to utter something with which they disagree. Or, more accurately, for saying something the Left is afraid too many people may agree with.

I get the point, but the two sides' reactions and behaviors are clearly different.

Ask Valerie Plame about how the right treats those who speak out.

You're way off base here.

Was Valerie Plame called a ****, a whore, a bimbo or any of the other things libs heaped on Sarah Palin and others on the Right?
Hmm, major fail on your part.

No, just her life was put in possible jeopardy by the same administration she was serving at the time, that's all.

So, you support ones who call other "sluts" and those who out CIA agents. Gee, smoking crack again I see.

Last edited:
The problem is that the two sides react so differently.

When the righties simplistically scream that a lefty is "hating America", that's pretty much as far as it goes. They then start chanting "USA! USA!" until their throats are sore, they thump their chests a few times and then they go grab a Budweiser.

When the lefties have decided that something is to be labeled as "hate speech", they go after the evil perpetrator with everything they have. They do absolutely everything possible to destroy that terrible person for having the sheer gall to utter something with which they disagree. Or, more accurately, for saying something the Left is afraid too many people may agree with.

I get the point, but the two sides' reactions and behaviors are clearly different.

There are always going to be exceptions to every rule. That does not make the rule wrong.

If the argument here is that there is no difference between the way the Left and the Right react to speech they don't like, I think that's abject denial. I can give you examples pretty much every freakin' day of the Left trying to nail a righty for someone he or she said. Not just whining, I'm talking taking specific and direct action to silence that person. It's ongoing. It's a strategy.

Political Correctness is a tactic of the Left.

We'll never agree on this one.

Then there is also the TEA party. You may remember the town halls from the year before last and the election thereafter. If you're going to pretend that the right wing doesn't target those who disagree with it, you're fooling yourself.

There are always going to be exceptions to every rule. That does not make the rule wrong.

If the argument here is that there is no difference between the way the Left and the Right react to speech they don't like, I think that's abject denial. I can give you examples pretty much every freakin' day of the Left trying to nail a righty for someone he or she said. Not just whining, I'm talking taking specific and direct action to silence that person. It's ongoing. It's a strategy.

Then there is also the TEA party. You may remember the town halls from the year before last and the election thereafter. If you're going to pretend that the right wing doesn't target those who disagree with it, you're fooling yourself.
"Target" with what? Arguments against policy?

How fucking dare they!

Okay, I'm always open - what are examples of the Tea Party trying to shut people down for things they have said? And I'm not talking about criticizing people for their words, I'm talking about going after them to get them to shut up, to get them fired, to shut them down.

And please remember, I'll be able to counter with examples of my own, a long, long, long list of them.

Please be specific with your examples here, cornhole...

It all started off so innocently, progressive leftist Daily Kos writer, and filmmaker Eric Allen Bell was on a new project. He was going to produce a documentary that shed a positive light on Islam. However, the further he got into the project(which he is still finishing up), he threw out his preconceived notions and let reality settle in. When Eric refused to tow the party line, he found himself out of a job with the Daily Kos and shunned by the left.

Bell has seen what the left is really all about, while trying to make a non-biased documentary. Bell even stated that leftists are the most intolerant collection of self-righteous people around. They have zero tolerance for diversity, and if you do not tow the party line - you are out!!! Don't believe me, I will provide you with a link to the Geoff Metcalf show where Bell was interviewed. It is an hour long interview, but it is well worth listening to. Mad props to Bell for getting the wake up call!!

Genesis Communications Network -Geoff Metcalf Live Archives

In the archice, click hour #2 of 03/12/12

Here is Bell's website for his documentary.

Not Welcome Documentary - The Movie CAIR Does NOT Want You to See - By Eric Allen Bell

Out of a job? He didn't work for KOS, he was a poster there. That's like saying you work for US Message Board, and if you got banned, it would mean you were fired. Why are you lying? One of the things Bell claimed was Mohammed raped a 9 year old girl. That's pretty over the top hate speech.

True, but not as aggressively. Boehner has sidestepped the tea party to pass legislation that adds to debt, But the repubs didnt bus in radicals to oust a senator.

Out of a job? He didn't work for KOS, he was a poster there. That's like saying you work for US Message Board, and if you got banned, it would mean you were fired. Why are you lying? One of the things Bell claimed was Mohammed raped a 9 year old girl. That's pretty over the top hate speech.

"The Prophet wrote the (marriage contract) with 'Aisha while she was six years old and consummated his marriage with her while she was nine years old and she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death)." -- Bukhari 7.62.88

Looks pretty accurate to me...

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT

Was Valerie Plame called a ****, a whore, a bimbo or any of the other things libs heaped on Sarah Palin and others on the Right?

No, just her life was put in possible jeopardy by the same administration she was serving at the time, that's all.

So, you support ones who call other "sluts" and those who out CIA agents. Gee, smoking crack again I see.
Her life was not put in jeopardy. Geez, drama queen.
Whom have I supported that called out CIA agents? Whom have I supported that called someone sluts?

Okay, I'm always open - what are examples of the Tea Party trying to shut people down for things they have said? And I'm not talking about criticizing people for their words, I'm talking about going after them to get them to shut up, to get them fired, to shut them down.

And please remember, I'll be able to counter with examples of my own, a long, long, long list of them.

The Pennsylvania Republican Senate race where Arlen Specter changed parties due to the TEA party backing the guy who would have been his opponent in the primary comes to mind. Specter was a moderate and the TEA party is anything except Moderate.

Well respected (I don't know much about the guy) Michael Castle, R-Delaware lost to batshit crazy Christine O'Donnell due almost exclusively to the TEA Pary backing.

Don't you have some black helicopters to hide from or something?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/conspiracy-theories/203152-everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-the-911-conspiracy-theory-in-under-5-minutes-19.html#post4879298

"The Prophet wrote the (marriage contract) with 'Aisha while she was six years old and consummated his marriage with her while she was nine years old and she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death)." -- Bukhari 7.62.88

Looks pretty accurate to me...

How can it be Hate speech if its true?

Her life was not put in jeopardy. Geez, drama queen.
Whom have I supported that called out CIA agents? Whom have I supported that called someone sluts?

Which is why I said "possible"...please feel free to have your eyes open when you try to make out the multi-syllable words.

So, you're anti Cheney and Limbaugh now? You're funny.

Don't you have some black helicopters to hide from or something?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/conspiracy-theories/203152-everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-the-911-conspiracy-theory-in-under-5-minutes-19.html#post4879298

Ain't nothing like changing the topic when the going gets tough, right Cornhole?

You dont understand...Words hurt

It all started off so innocently, progressive leftist Daily Kos writer, and filmmaker Eric Allen Bell was on a new project. He was going to produce a documentary that shed a positive light on Islam. However, the further he got into the project(which he is still finishing up), he threw out his preconceived notions and let reality settle in. When Eric refused to tow the party line, he found himself out of a job with the Daily Kos and shunned by the left.

Bell has seen what the left is really all about, while trying to make a non-biased documentary. Bell even stated that leftists are the most intolerant collection of self-righteous people around. They have zero tolerance for diversity, and if you do not tow the party line - you are out!!! Don't believe me, I will provide you with a link to the Geoff Metcalf show where Bell was interviewed. It is an hour long interview, but it is well worth listening to. Mad props to Bell for getting the wake up call!!

Genesis Communications Network -Geoff Metcalf Live Archives

In the archice, click hour #2 of 03/12/12

Here is Bell's website for his documentary.

Not Welcome Documentary - The Movie CAIR Does NOT Want You to See - By Eric Allen Bell

This doesn't surprise me at all. Bell is not the first to realize that no liberal is allowed to think freely and outside of party lines. I am glad that he's higher profile than most, so the public gets to hear this.

I take issue with Muslims because of their atrocious treatment of women. That hasn't changed since the dark ages. They live strictly by their religion and that includes government. Sharia law is all they want and they run their countries in accordance with that archaic set of belielfs.

How the left can embrace this one religion considering how they oppress women is beyond me. The left continues to attack Christians and trample on their beliefs, as with the plan to force them to provide contraception and abortion coverage. What is it with Islam that finally made the left defend freedom of religion? We've never seen that before from them. Why now?

They have made every effort to get everyone to be tolerant of Islam, while teaching that other religions are narrow minded and should not be allowed to follow the teachings of their Gods.

All I hear from the left is that Islam is a peaceful religion, though have not seen signs of that. I have heard none of them come forth to stand with us against the radical terrorists that dwell among them. I have seen numerous pictures of Muslims celebrating 9/11 and wearing fancy shirts depicting the fall of the towers. We've seen Americans tortured and murdered by their hand. We've seen people murdered for burning their book, which they treat as a just punishment. They believe their Koran has more value than the life of an infidel. And our president apologized to them????

If the peaceful Muslims would come forth and openly denounce Hamas and other terrorists, I think we could reach some kind of understanding. As long as they remain silent while terrorists hide among them, how can we trust them? If people chose to protect the radicals rather than stand with the U.S., they are just as dangerous to us as the radicals. After all, only they know who the radicals are among them. If they don't help us out, we can't tell one from another.

From Bell's facebook page:

305614_3237790796135_1607722236_2665598_400391494_n.jpg

The guy is a fucking religious bigot. There's very little in most religions I personally agree with, but I was taught to show them respect. My only exceptions are the Moonies and Scientologists.

Ain't nothing like changing the topic when the going gets tough, right Cornhole?

I was specific with the serious commentators; of which you are not one.

The Pennsylvania Republican Senate race where Arlen Specter changed parties due to the TEA party backing the guy who would have been his opponent in the primary comes to mind. Specter was a moderate and the TEA party is anything except Moderate.

Well respected (I don't know much about the guy) Michael Castle, R-Delaware lost to batshit crazy Christine O'Donnell due almost exclusively to the TEA Pary backing.

Spector changed parties because he was going to lose in the primary. He nearly lost 6 years earlier to Toomy and Pres Bush came out for Spector. Spector fucked the GOP by switching parties anyway and voting against them. But he got his.
But he was hardly driven out by the Tea Party. That is (another) gross distortion.

Forum List

Back