Former colleague: O'Reilly DID lie

Anyone watch O'Reilly last night? Yeah, another leftwing fantasy debunked.

All the left can do is lie

Eight (08) Correspondents in who were Buenos Aires at the time of Falklands War have come forward to say that O'Lielly WAS NOT A WAR CORRESPONDENT!!!!

All Billie Boy did was engage in Character Assassination without providing single shred of credible evidence to support his claim.

I know that like being lied grampy....it is after all you've got. Your such a very Faux Snooze Lemming, they lie and you believe each and every lie told to you.

Last edited:
Ex-CBS reporter says his former colleague Bill O'Reilly DID lie about his coverage of the Falklands and was 'SENT HOME for being disruptive'
  • Eric Engberg covered the Falklands War for CBS from Buenos Aires in 1982
  • Posted a lengthy message questioning O'Reilly's defense of his reporting
  • Claims broadcaster was a 'disruptive force' and 'ordered out' of Argentina
  • Fox News host blasted left-leaning Mother Jones on his show on Friday
  • Called journalist David Corn 'an irresponsible guttersnipe' and a 'liar'
  • Dispute comes a week after Brian Williams was kicked off the air
  • Engberg insists O'Reilly deserves the same scrutiny as the NBC star

In a 2004 column, O'Reilly said: 'Having survived a combat situation in Argentina during the Falklands war, I know that life-and-death decisions are made in a flash.'

Engberg also claims that during a late-night recap of the Argentina story, CBS bureau Larry Doyle chief told O'Reilly his senior colleague Bob Schieffer would be doing the segment instead.

Allegedly, he exploded, saying: 'I didn't come down here to have my footage used by that old man.'

The next day, he says O'Reilly was sent home.

WHAT BILL O'REILLY HAS SAID ABOUT HIS 'WAR ZONE' REPORTING
'I've been there. That's really what separates me from most of these other bloviators. I bloviate, but I bloviate about stuff I've seen. They bloviate about stuff that they haven't.' - On Hamptons TV in 2009

'You know that I am not easily shocked. I've reported on the ground in active war zones from El Salvador to the Falklands.' - in his 2001 book The No Spin Zone

'Having survived a combat situation in Argentina during the Falklands war, I know that life-and-death decisions are made in a flash.' - in 2004 column

'I missed [journalist Bill] Moyers in the war zones of [the] Falkland conflict in Argentina, the Middle East, and Northern Ireland. I looked for Bill, but I didn't see him.' - on the O'Reilly Factor in 2008

'Rather than simply answer the question, O'Reilly began by trying to establish his own bona fides as a war correspondent. 'I've covered wars, okay? I've been there. The Falklands, Northern Ireland, the Middle East. I've almost been killed three times, okay.'' - according to conservative journalist Tucker Carlson's 2003 book, recalling a panel on the media coverage of the Afghanistan War

Read more: CBS Eric Engberg says Bill O Reilly DID lie about Falklands coverage Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Its clear O'Reilly lied but Fox is not held to the same standards as news journalists so it doesn't really matter.

O'Reilly's lies must be much more important than Robert McDonald's lies.

I just noticed MSM homepage dropped McDonald from its featured stories so the O'Reilly story could have a full frame to itself.

Ex-CBS reporter says his former colleague Bill O'Reilly DID lie about his coverage of the Falklands and was 'SENT HOME for being disruptive'

In a 2004 column, O'Reilly said: 'Having survived a combat situation in Argentina during the Falklands war, I know that life-and-death decisions are made in a flash.'

Engberg also claims that during a late-night recap of the Argentina story, CBS bureau Larry Doyle chief told O'Reilly his senior colleague Bob Schieffer would be doing the segment instead.

Allegedly, he exploded, saying: 'I didn't come down here to have my footage used by that old man.'

'I've been there. That's really what separates me from most of these other bloviators. I bloviate, but I bloviate about stuff I've seen. They bloviate about stuff that they haven't.' - On Hamptons TV in 2009

'You know that I am not easily shocked. I've reported on the ground in active war zones from El Salvador to the Falklands.' - in his 2001 book The No Spin Zone

'Having survived a combat situation in Argentina during the Falklands war, I know that life-and-death decisions are made in a flash.' - in 2004 column

'I missed [journalist Bill] Moyers in the war zones of [the] Falkland conflict in Argentina, the Middle East, and Northern Ireland. I looked for Bill, but I didn't see him.' - on the O'Reilly Factor in 2008

'Rather than simply answer the question, O'Reilly began by trying to establish his own bona fides as a war correspondent. 'I've covered wars, okay? I've been there. The Falklands, Northern Ireland, the Middle East. I've almost been killed three times, okay.'' - according to conservative journalist Tucker Carlson's 2003 book, recalling a panel on the media coverage of the Afghanistan War

Read more: CBS Eric Engberg says Bill O Reilly DID lie about Falklands coverage Daily Mail Online

Its clear O'Reilly lied but Fox is not held to the same standards as news journalists so it doesn't really matter.
I am wondering about your hate for FOX.

Were you sodomized by a clown working for a local Fox channel kiddy show?
Ah...the places your mind goes without provocation...............:eusa_whistle:

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Secretary Robert McDonald apologized on Monday for saying that he had served in the special forces when he had not, ABC News reported.

U.S. Veterans secretary apologizes for misstating military service ABC News

Now, whose lies are more important?

Brian Williams, Bill O'Reilly, or Robert Mc Donald, lying son of a bitch at the head of the VA?

So you admit you would rather listen to the lies of the half-term wonder from wasilla than think for yourself. Not really all that surprised by that.

Your not exactly known for thinking for yourself. Your a very good fixed lies lemming.

Go ahead and follow Caribu Barbie over the cliff......I have a huge bag of Kettle Korn to much on as you fall to pre-ordained epic failure of hero worship.

And then for those who want the rest of the story. . .

Two former CBS reporters have strongly disputed Bill O’Reilly‘s accounts of what happened one night when they covered a riot in Buenos Aires, but on The Factor tonight, O’Reilly brought on a former NBC News bureau chief who backed up his story.

Don Browne was the NBC News Miami bureau chief at the time, and he oversaw the network’s Falklands coverage. And Browne told O’Reilly his account was accurate. As opposed to some of the other accounts, which have to some extent downplayed the danger, Browne said the situation “got progressively more intense” and there were demonstrations in Buenos Aires every day.

RELATED: Dan Rather in 1982 CBS Report: TV Crew Members ‘Knocked to the Ground’ in Riots Where O’Reilly Was

Both O’Reilly and Browne recalled a “very intense situation where people got hurt” and how “this was an extremely violent and volatile situation” where reporters were in danger.

O’Reilly also spoke with Mediaite’s own Joe Concha, who wrote a column this week questioning the motivations of O’Reilly’s attackers. Concha told O’Reilly that Mother Jones is in the business of throwing red meat to progressives, and beyond that, the story isn’t making much headway anyway. . .

Ex-NBC Bureau Chief Backs Up O Reilly s Account of Falklands War Riot Mediaite

Now, given all the brouhaha the rabid media attack dogs have gleefully engaged in to discredit O'Reilly, do you suppose they will give this information equal time? No. But what else is new?

Two former CBS reporters have strongly disputed Bill O’Reilly‘s accounts of what happened one night when they covered a riot in Buenos Aires, but on The Factor tonight, O’Reilly brought on a former NBC News bureau chief who backed up his story.

Don Browne was the NBC News Miami bureau chief at the time, and he oversaw the network’s Falklands coverage. And Browne told O’Reilly his account was accurate. As opposed to some of the other accounts, which have to some extent downplayed the danger, Browne said the situation “got progressively more intense” and there were demonstrations in Buenos Aires every day.

RELATED: Dan Rather in 1982 CBS Report: TV Crew Members ‘Knocked to the Ground’ in Riots Where O’Reilly Was

Both O’Reilly and Browne recalled a “very intense situation where people got hurt” and how “this was an extremely violent and volatile situation” where reporters were in danger.

O’Reilly also spoke with Mediaite’s own Joe Concha, who wrote a column this week questioning the motivations of O’Reilly’s attackers. Concha told O’Reilly that Mother Jones is in the business of throwing red meat to progressives, and beyond that, the story isn’t making much headway anyway. . .

Now, given all the brouhaha the rabid media attack dogs have gleefully engaged in to discredit O'Reilly, do you suppose they will give this information equal time? No. But what else is new?

Corn and Mother Jones rag, are snakes. I wouldn't take anything they say as the truth even if it was notarized on their tongues

Corn and Mother Jones rag, are snakes. I wouldn't take anything they say as the truth even if it was notarized on their tongues

Of course you don't read anything intelligent, that is why you post these sources

OPERATION AMERICAN SPRING - Washington D.C. in the cross-hairs - The Out-of-Control Government Leadership Must Be Stopped - Constitutional Emergency

Anyone watch O'Reilly last night? Yeah, another leftwing fantasy debunked.

All the left can do is lie

Eight (08) Correspondents in who were Buenos Aires at the time of Falklands War have come forward to say that O'Lielly WAS NOT A WAR CORRESPONDENT!!!!

All Billie Boy did was engage in Character Assassination without providing single shred of credible evidence to support his claim.

I know that like being lied grampy....it is after all you've got. Your such a very Faux Snooze Lemming, they lie and you believe each and every lie told to you.
Riiiiiight.....

He was in a war torn country just to cover the weather I guess eh?

God you libs are pathetic

CBS News releases video referenced in O Reilly dispute - SFGate

CBS has released the videos in question and guess what gramps, Billie O'Lielly is.....wait for it....here it comes....Bill O is in fact a liar.

This thread has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to be baseless bullshit trumped up by the left to divert attention from their own publicly disgraced reporters.
Meanwhile you prove that you are less & less relevant to this forum by refusing to accept that you were lied to by your puppeteers

It has already been thoroughly discredited. O'Lielly was already sent back home by CBS when the riots Browne took place, IOW O'Lielly was not there at that time. If you pay attention to the date on the video it was from the night of the 15th, and O'Lielly said the event with his cameraman took place the night of the surrender which was the 14th. CBS sent O'Lielly packing on the next day from cameraman
incident so he was gone when the riots took place.

Reports of Billo lying just keep pouring in. Too many to keep up with. When will Fox fire his lying ass? Actually, they'll probably give him a raise. He's their kind.

Forum List

Back